Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Gametap airing an episode not on VHS!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Shmargin
11-12-2006, 2:33 AM
 xChri5x
11-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Ummm, yeah they're airing all of them. We knew this awhile ago.

Now if you could rip it or copy it or something, now we're talking
 itchythesamurai
11-12-2006, 3:52 PM
*cough* But of course we are only speaking in hypotheticals. We respect the law and are merely speculating how some clever rogues may circumvent legality. Tut tut on those misanthropes, I say.
 Samnmax221
11-12-2006, 3:55 PM
I haven't seen any of these lovable folks who might have done such a thing yet.
 itchythesamurai
11-12-2006, 4:21 PM
Hey Eric, how's your victory garden coming along? Enough squash to feed the entire 42nd Airborne yet?
 Jake
11-13-2006, 4:54 PM
Ummm, yeah they're airing all of them. We knew this awhile ago.

Now if you could rip it or copy it or something, now we're talking

Hey you could try paying for things too, you know, instead of stealing them? This forum has always been pretty anti-piracy, and continues to be so.
 SyntheticGerbil
11-13-2006, 6:08 PM
You're not really keeping .avi's of the episode when you subscribe to Gametap. That's what we want right?

I don't see how it's complete piracy. It's just as bad as either posting or ripping an episode from Youtube. Either way no one is truly losing money until the episodes are available in stores.

Give me a DVD and then you'll see the antipirates.
 jp-30
11-20-2006, 3:29 AM
I already think its funnier (yeah its not a word, get over it)

Of course it's a word. funnier (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/funnier)
 itchythesamurai
11-20-2006, 4:22 PM
I already think its funnier (yeah its not a word, get over it)

"Funnier" is a word, but he misused "its" so that it is possessive and not a contraction for it is.
 Skinkie
12-08-2006, 8:53 PM
I'd just like to say that the friend for life is one of my favorites. Lorne in general was pretty entertaining.
 SyntheticGerbil
12-08-2006, 11:33 PM
I would like to say that I wish The Geek was never created and it makes me sad that she tainted the show.

Maybe one day there will be a new Sam and Max show or movie and maybe one day I can work on it.
 itchythesamurai
12-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Gerbil, we need to find a way to convince Steve Purcell into letting you be his apprentice.
 SyntheticGerbil
12-09-2006, 12:08 PM
At Pixar(Disney)?

Not that they would ever let me in, I don't really want to go to Pixar(Disney).
 itchythesamurai
12-09-2006, 3:32 PM
Woah, you don't like Pixar? I'll admit, I thought The Incredibles sucked (and not because I'm a major comic book geek), but everybody loves that company.
 SyntheticGerbil
12-09-2006, 6:28 PM
Actually I would prefer the Incredibles out of all of their movies. It's not that I don't like Pixar it's just that they're too nice a guy I guess.

I mean, Pixar does a good job and all, but I'm kind of tired of the CalArts acting style that is rampant in California. The use the same style of character acting as Disney, which to me is boring or unrealistic. A lot of animators want that style, notably Don Bluth's old studio or Dreamworks, but I think it's more than worn out it's welcome.

It's hard to explain the style, or I find it hard to explain unless you already know or can visualize it. But it's kind of like, have you noticed in any of the movies by the above companies, the characters are constantly moving, like they hardly take a pause at all, and if they do it feels uncomfortable? Mostly you'll see the character constantly pacing around the room, talking to themselves, acting to themselves (with the classic thinking look with the hand to the mouth and the eyes looking to the upper left), without reacting to the other character that might be in the room, but instead pandering to the audience of the movie. To me, that kills the movie. I feel the Incredibles had less of that, but that might be because I'm sort of a Brad Bird fan (on what he's made so far at least). This kind of acting (or overacting) I think is worse in 2D. And there they call it flailing, because the studios that do this have the money to shoot traditional animation at 24 frames per second even when it is not necessary. So the characters, even when they aren't really moving, they actually are because they draw them breathing just slightly or or some crap like that.

The Ren and Stimpy show made good use of pauses which created good contrast in movement in the characters, and it would make them either more spastic or more lifelike, as unrealistic as the characters' appearance was. Warner Brothers classics usually shot on 12 frames per second which is really good enough to convey a message unless you are moving fast or doing something very action packed or complicated. And that's the way I believe it should be. I guess the good anime films out there do a great job animating (Mind Game, Metropolis, Akira) but then again, they are an exception, since Japan has never been known for making use of of anything more than 6 frames per second on most shows or movies, unless it's some crappy action sequence.

But anyways, if I were offered a job at Pixar I would take it, but I wouldn't stay forever.
 itchythesamurai
12-09-2006, 7:20 PM
Wow, you made some really good points that I've never really though about before.

"Actually, nobody moves much in a Hanna-Barbera cartoon." - Zorak from Space Ghost
 SyntheticGerbil
12-09-2006, 7:32 PM
Yeah, let's not talk about that Hanna Barbara.
 itchythesamurai
12-20-2006, 12:42 AM
R.I.P. Joseph Barbera. = (
 SyntheticGerbil
12-20-2006, 9:17 PM
I would like to say that I used to like John K. a lot but then he got that trite piece of **** blog and really pisses me off these days.

So forget that closed minded bastard.

Also John K. is in love with Hanna Barbara, but will go on and trash Triplets of Belleville or something. He really bothers me.

I wouldn't consider Cartoon Network the same style as the old Hanna Barbera. Cartoon Network consists of tons of deadbeats with no love for animation continuously not trying to their fullest extent. Hanna Barbara did that but they didn't act like they were a lot cooler than they really were.
 Samnmax221
12-20-2006, 9:34 PM
I wouldn't consider Cartoon Network the same style as the old Hanna Barbera. Cartoon Network consists of tons of deadbeats with no love for animation continuously not trying to their fullest extent. Hanna Barbara did that but they didn't act like they were a lot cooler than they really were.
Modern Cartoon network is made of fail.
 itchythesamurai
12-21-2006, 12:16 AM
Modern Cartoon network is made of fail.

Off of Cartoon Network, I enjoy(ed) Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Samurai Jack, Sheep in the Big City, and Courage the Cowardly Dog.
 SyntheticGerbil
12-22-2006, 4:51 AM
Yeah I saw something good in all of those cartoons, except Billy and Mandy.
 itchythesamurai
12-22-2006, 1:04 PM
Page: 1 of 1