Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tie Fighter 95 In Flight Music problem

Page: 1 of 1
 K@sper
11-07-2006, 4:38 AM
I recently reinstalled Tie Fighter 95 and X-wing from the x-wing trilogy cd's. I got more or less everything to work, except music. It's kind of annoying, I got sound, I got 3d Hardware rendering, I got both the games to launch without problem, but there is almost no music. I only get music when I enter the Historical Missions of Tie Fighter, and not always (you know, when that thing opens up, that simulator, sor of cutscene, and then some when I'm selecting a mission, but that's it). I never get music in flight. Same problem for xwing, but in xwing I get no music at all. Any ideas anyone ? I'm using XP
 Wildstar
11-07-2006, 10:32 AM
You should make sure the game CD is in the optical drive with the lowest letter (i.e. if you have a DVD-ROM on E: and a DVD burner on F: make sure the CD is in the DVD-ROM). XW95 and TIE95 will run w/o the CD inserted, but you won't get music unless it is.
 K@sper
11-08-2006, 2:43 AM
Yes, I read that in another thread, but it doesn't work for me. I didn't think this was the problem as, as I described, sometimes I hear a little music, but then it rather abruptly stops, and sometimes I don't hear any music. Maybe this is just a coincidence of course.

Could it have something to do with the fact that my cd drive with the lowest letter is G: ? I noticed before that, sometimes, older games don't like a drive letter larger than D:.
 Wildstar
11-08-2006, 9:10 AM
It may, but my only optical drive is on E: and the games work fine. Remember, you can reassign drive letters in WinXP from the "Disk Management" feature (accessed by right-clicking My Computer, choosing "Manage", and clicking "Disk Management" in the left-hand tree).
 elodman
01-03-2008, 4:16 PM
I have the same problem, so any new idea how to play music in missions?
Anyway these sound .wavs are not too nice. I found the old .mids on the net, which are much better, and can be played in an other winamp "repeat forever" task.
Page: 1 of 1