Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Error when Using Modview

Page: 1 of 1
 Styles2304
11-05-2006, 2:12 PM
I modeled a saber hilt for jk2. I attempted to create a modified version of kyles saber from Jedi Knight. Anyways, when I open it in modview I get this error:

R_LoadMDXM: models/weapons2/my_saber/saber_w.glm has more than 1000 verts on a surface (1320)

I got this error before and just assumed it was a too high poly model. However, I'm pretty sure that I've seen more polys on other weapons, especially since this is a re-modeled version so I don't know what this means.

If anyons any ideas, please, shoot 'em this way!

Thanks,
Zach
 Maxstate
06-15-2007, 9:27 AM
Max poly count for JK3 weapons is 1000 I think.
 Johnpp
06-15-2007, 11:19 PM
If you cut the model in half, so it is in 2 shapes, I think it will work. The max poly/vertex limit for JA and JO is 1000 per object. So if it is in 2 objects, you may not go over.

I am not sure if this is true or if you can even cut models in half, but meh. :)
 Psyk0Sith
06-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Yes that is correct, there's a limit on vertex count and you can split the object into separate pieces. The object should still work in JA, just wont have shadows calculated i think (too complex).

Honestly if you have 1k on a hilt that means you're way overboard too! :P
Page: 1 of 1