Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Luke good against the DSII?

Page: 1 of 1
 YertyL
11-05-2006, 11:12 AM
I just noticed (when using Luke in space for the first time), that the "good against" symbols of Luke's X-Wing include the DSII.
Is he an alternative to Rouge Squadron for destroying the DSII?
(I guess he has experience in destroying DS's, so why not? :p)
 jedi jim 1989
11-05-2006, 12:42 PM
i dnt no, i tend to use him in land, never tried to use him in space, but it sounds good :D
 SaintVezner
11-05-2006, 8:55 PM
I just noticed (when using Luke in space for the first time), that the "good against" symbols of Luke's X-Wing include the DSII.
Is he an alternative to Rouge Squadron for destroying the DSII?
(I guess he has experience in destroying DS's, so why not? :p)

good question. I have noticed that when he is alone in a space battle, he is in his x-wing and he has the lucky shot ability (though I can't get it to fire against anything). Maybe it's just there for the DS and nothing else.
 jedi jim 1989
11-06-2006, 4:34 AM
i just tried him in space, and yea i had the same problem, so maybe as saintvezner said it may just be for the DSII. i also think that he is a gd space unit, sort of like the milenium falcon
 Darth_Extas
11-06-2006, 7:25 AM
I guess it is, although I have not played the Rebellion yet in a GC. It would make sense though, Luke was in the Death Star II while the Battle of Endor was going on so in theory he would have been able to destroy it (Throw light saber down into the core and cause it to explode, or something to that degree).
 TearsOfIsha
11-10-2006, 4:13 PM
(Throw light saber down into the core and cause it to explode, or something to that degree).

Maybe he wanted to keep his lighsabre. So he gets his dad to throw random hooded old men down there instead. :p
 ImpElite
11-10-2006, 5:09 PM
rofl (roll on floor laughing)
 wherryj
11-15-2006, 7:24 PM
I guess it is, although I have not played the Rebellion yet in a GC. It would make sense though, Luke was in the Death Star II while the Battle of Endor was going on so in theory he would have been able to destroy it (Throw light saber down into the core and cause it to explode, or something to that degree).

If we want to stay "canon" I'd suggest throwing one massively sparking Emperor Palpatine down into the core to cause it to explode. Why waste a perfectly good saber?
 ImpElite
11-15-2006, 10:59 PM
every time I come back to this thread I end up laughing :lol:
 ExileRevan
12-14-2006, 6:49 PM
Ok pleez tell me how 2 get Luke in GC mode, it frustrates me. Is he like Darth Vader or are you suposed to have him from the begining?
 mrsparkle
12-14-2006, 7:05 PM
He is tech 5 in GC.

I don't think he's meant to be used as a space unit. His lucky shot ability doesn't work, and if there's ever another ship in the battle he winds up on that ship instead of his x-wing. That tells me he's really just a land unit.

It's also possible that his lucky shot not working is a bug, and his being on another ship isn't supposed to happen. If his lucky shot did work, I would always want him in his lone x-wing.
 ExileRevan
12-14-2006, 8:25 PM
Ok but whenever I get all of the tech upgrades with the droids (R2D2 and C3PO) it stays on tech 4.
 Darth_Extas
12-14-2006, 9:48 PM
Then you have to change the max tech level in the XML to tech level 5
 ExileRevan
12-15-2006, 1:51 PM
Oh thnx alot. K I may sound like a newb but pleez tell me how 2 do that. Send me a pm.
 PoiuyWired
12-15-2006, 2:43 PM
Well, in the xml he is considered to be working against DeathStar. And yes, therte is a comment on it saying Luke does work against DeathStars. So yes he is intended to work against DSs.
 wedge2211
12-15-2006, 5:07 PM
The Rebel tech issues may be fixed in the patch without having to mod the XMLs. Try it out and see.
 ExileRevan
12-15-2006, 7:11 PM
The Rebel tech issues may be fixed in the patch without having to mod the XMLs. Try it out and see.

Thanks! It worked. Thanks alot XD.
Page: 1 of 1