Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Suggestion: Convice Master Kavar to join Vaklu

Page: 1 of 1
 SilentScope001
11-02-2006, 7:53 PM
To defeat your enemy without laying a blow, that is more greater.

Master Kavar is revealed to be somewhat sympathetic to you, and likes you. He is one of the more open-minded people on the Council. Yet, if you join up with Vaklu (a military general with netural alignment who fought against the Revan Sith Empire and the Mandalorians, and who allied with the Sith only so that he can betray them later on), to help Onderon unite under one ruler, rather than support a weak Queen, Master Kavar wants to murder you.

Now, this would be okay, but I am reminded by that above quote of Kriea wanting to convert the Jedi Council to accept her views, and only want to kill them as a last resort. It is her teachcings of relying on persuading others, not by brute force.

So, what I suggest is some options, when you do confront Master Kavar, to get him to defect from supporting the Queen, and to support General Vaklu, prehaps by proving him it's for the greater good. I'm not sure of any voice-overs that can be made for Master Kavar, but if it can be done, the better.

I thought of this when another player talked about how he was LS and saved Vrook and the Nar Shadda Jedi, but how he wanted to help Vaklu, and therefore was forced to kill off Kavar.

I must make an admission that I and my friend only have Xboxes, unmodded, so we can't actually use the mod. But, we would still like to see it being made, to give it more options...prehaps you could send us a dialouge tree to show us how you handled it. I hope you guys can make it. Thanks.
 Master Kavar
11-02-2006, 10:36 PM
I don't think I could do this mod myself, but it sounds like a really good idea. As a Sith Lord, deciet and manipulation is part of your resume, it doesn't sound too far fetched that with enough subtle persuasion that you could convince Kavar that supporting Vaklu is a necessary evil, and that his efforts would be better used helping you against the Sith.

I would make it a series of difficult persuade options, with a few chances to use Force Persuasion, and make it more difficult for PC's who are significantly more dark-sided. And why not an option to kill Kavar even if you support the Queen?
 Anakin Skywalker
11-03-2006, 10:11 AM
I would make it a series of difficult persuade options, with a few chances to use Force Persuasion, and make it more difficult for PC's who are significantly more dark-sided. And why not an option to kill Kavar even if you support the Queen?

Ummmmm....... because the Queen is a light-sided character and because Kavar was originally with the Queen so how would you be able to kill him..... and on Dantooine, you can kill Administrator Adare and be able to convince Vrook that was necassary so this is a great idea for a mod!
 goldberry
11-04-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm actually working on a Kavar recruit mod that uses some of his unused dialog, and in all I have listened to, there is nothing that could be used (without splicing) to make it sound right. So if this were to be done, it would be text only.
 Master Kavar
11-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Umm... because the Queen is a light-sided character and because Kavar was originally with the Queen so how would you be able to kill him...

Ah, but you forget that you can also support Khoonda and still kill Vrook; or oppose the Exchange on Nar Shaddaa and kill Zez Kai-Ell. And regardless, if you saved the Queen's life she wouldn't be in any position to stop you from settling your grudge with Kavar. She's indebted to you, and I would guess that a large number of her soldiers would support you first.
 Anakin Skywalker
11-05-2006, 9:03 AM
Ah, but you forget that you can also support Khoonda and still kill Vrook; or oppose the Exchange on Nar Shaddaa and kill Zez Kai-Ell. And regardless, if you saved the Queen's life she wouldn't be in any position to stop you from settling your grudge with Kavar. She's indebted to you, and I would guess that a large number of her soldiers would support you first.

Possibly but the Queen Trusts Kavar.... and I doubt that she'd allow you to lay a hand on him.
 SilentScope001
11-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Possibly but the Queen Trusts Kavar.... and I doubt that she'd allow you to lay a hand on him.

Then just persuade the Queen that Kavar is an enemy. Or, you know, you could attack Kavar anyway, get him killed, and then get exiled from Onderon by the Queen for doing such a crime. Master Kavar (the user) makes a good suggestion.

So if this were to be done, it would be text only.

Ah. I guess most mods have no VOs, and I'll be fine with that. It's the texts and the effects that I would be interested in.
 goldenflames
11-05-2006, 2:59 PM
here is a thought, what if kavar was influenced but then when you confront the queen he begins to move towards the light, but then he can either be influenced back to darkness and kill the queen or let him go to the light and then kill him.

also if he kills the queen then there could be a "nooo! what have i done" kinda thing and then the exile could kill him there or further taint him to the point that he could either

1 go to dant as a jedi but is secretly a sith traitor and in that last scene he helps to kill the other masters and then when kreia leaves he could join your party in her place

2 join your party as a sith

3 go to korriban to try and make a sith army but then meets sion and is killed
 goldberry
11-05-2006, 3:12 PM
Master Kavar (the user) makes a good suggestion.
So if this were to be done, it would be text only.
Ah. I guess most mods have no VOs, and I'll be fine with that.

Ahem... All due respect to master kavar's contribution to this topic, but I think you'll find that was me :D
 Anakin Skywalker
11-05-2006, 7:42 PM
1 go to dant as a jedi but is secretly a sith traitor and in that last scene he helps to kill the other masters and then when kreia leaves he could join your party in her place

2 join your party as a sith

3 go to korriban to try and make a sith army but then meets sion and is killed

Ummm...... That's confusing.... what did you mean by it?
 Master Kavar
11-05-2006, 9:02 PM
Ahem... All due respect to master kavar's contribution to this topic, but I think you'll find that was me :D

I love taking credit for other people's ideas... :dev11:
 goldenflames
11-06-2006, 2:23 PM
the 1 2 3 thing is 3 possible options for the player to chose (soz it wasnt clear enough
 Shem
11-06-2006, 7:49 PM
It's an interesting idea, but by the time Kavar's role comes into place and the situation on Onderon is complete, you go to the Dantooine Jedi Enclave and his death will happen shortly. Basically in the long run it doesn't matter since all the Jedi Masters get killed (except for Atris, but that's option if you want to kill her or not, but she's technically a Jedi Master anymore).
Page: 1 of 1