Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I'm having problems

Page: 1 of 1
 Aayla-Secura
10-28-2006, 8:01 AM
I had to update my original EAW to install FOC but then is says something about Emulation software and it wont start ?? Help plz !
 Darth Anarch
10-28-2006, 12:12 PM
That's a little vague. Do you have the latest version of DirectX 9c installed?
 EmperorJello
10-28-2006, 5:52 PM
If you have Alcohol, Daemon Tools or any of those virtual drives installed, the game won't function if it thinks its on a virtual drive.

Generally, though, so long as the game's on a real drive it should still be okay. I have a virtual drive to use Vista RC1 and I had no problems installing and running FoC from my actual DVD-ROM drive.

If you're using a real drive and it complains about emulation software, I'd look for updated drivers for your disc drive.
 FunSolo
10-28-2006, 8:15 PM
or just unmount and disable the virtual drives while ur playing. that how i did it cause im using virtual drives too (im a lazy guy, to lazy to switch discs)
 KillerDD
11-14-2006, 10:15 AM
I bought FoC 3 Hours ago, I installed it, then ran it....
Same Error. Emulation Software Detected.

I deinstalled Daemon Tools still not working... I don't have any other program (that I know of) on my computer that emulates DVD Drives....

Please Help!!
 jedi jim 1989
11-14-2006, 2:14 PM
hit ctrl alt and delete, go to processes and look it up in there. i had the same problem with a game, and though u uninstall it or turn it off, it still runs a system, which is whats detected. in alcohol, just unmount and ull be fine. hope this works for ya
 KillerDD
11-14-2006, 3:20 PM
Tnx, there was something there, and appearantly Blindwrite has affects the start-up too....
 Darth_Extas
11-14-2006, 5:24 PM
I think this should be moved to the "Tech" part of this forum.
Page: 1 of 1