Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Visual C++ compilation problem

Page: 1 of 1
 SithLordAJ
10-28-2006, 12:14 AM
So I found the Universal SDK for JA on lucasfiles, but I compile (I get quite a few warnings, some of which look like it's confused about mac includes) and I throw the cgamex86.dll, jampgamesx86.dll, and uix86.dll in a pk3 and into a folder in the gamedata folder. I run, I select my mod (which at this point is nothing, im just runing the unedited code), I start a game and as soon as I join the game locks up.
What is really strange is a few of the errors are about not being able to find certain files. I look at where it's supposed to be including them and the line is commented out! Why does it care?!? Am I suddenly going to have a paperclip pop up and tell me I gots bad grammar too?
Now, I've taken a look around on the forums here for something similar to this. There was one thread about someone trying to compile on linux and having problems with 'powf'. one of the errors mentions this, however I'm not sure that something else isn't going on. Anybody got some pointers?
 SithLordAJ
10-28-2006, 2:28 AM
I guess I should mention that I'm running under win xp and that I'm trying to compile on Visual C++ 6.
 XycaleTh
11-08-2006, 1:11 PM
If I remember correctly (btw this should be in the JA Coding forum), you need to comment out powf from q_math.c and q_shared.h because they're already defined as functions in the C headers. Not sure if there's any other things to comment out though.
 Dom_152
11-08-2006, 1:29 PM
Usually the powf() thing throws an error, not a warning so it wouldn't have compiled.
Page: 1 of 1