Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A Couple of

Page: 1 of 1
 lordzack
10-02-2006, 7:47 PM
In one of the screenshots I saw what looked like a Twi'lek on Nal Hutta. Does this mean that you'll be able to have units native to one planet in you're attack groups and garrisons on other worlds? Or are they're normally Twi'leks on Nal Hutta (I haven't fough there yet)? Also the Underworld gets the Vornskyr and Nightsister, will these require Dathiomir and Myrkr?

I've heard that Mygetto will be in the game, is this true? And I saw Underworld units over Kuat in a screenshoot, when Kuat was controlled by the Empire. No tactical battle was occuring and it was on the Galactic Map.
 Darth Ablett
10-02-2006, 7:59 PM
In one of the screenshots I saw what looked like a Twi'lek on Nal Hutta. Does this mean that you'll be able to have units native to one planet in you're attack groups and garrisons on other worlds? Or are they're normally Twi'leks on Nal Hutta (I haven't fough there yet)? Also the Underworld gets the Vornskyr and Nightsister, will these require Dathiomir and Myrkr?

I've heard that Mygetto will be in the game, is this true? And I saw Underworld units over Kuat in a screenshoot, when Kuat was controlled by the Empire. No tactical battle was occuring and it was on the Galactic Map.

Not sure about the indigenous units bit, but I'm pretty sure one of the devs said there are units that depend on a certain planet being controlled. This is unconfirmed, but I think you need to control these planets for these units:

Endor - Ewok Handlers
Dathomir - Nightsisters
Myrkr - Vornskrs
Aeten II - TIE Phantoms
Honoghr - Noghri

The last two are for the Empire. I don't think the rebels have this feature.

With the Consortium units moving around, that's a special ability they have. They can bribe their way through systems without fighting, I think. And I think Mygeeto is in-game; if it is it'll probably have a big cash bonus.

Hope that helped! :)
 lordzack
10-02-2006, 8:31 PM
Well, maybe they were just there the second that the screenshot was taken, but it didn't did look like they were going anywhere. I like Mygetto very much, and the other two members of the old Clone Wars "Triad of Evil", which I know are in there.
 Darth Ablett
10-02-2006, 8:42 PM
Well, maybe they were just there the second that the screenshot was taken, but it didn't did look like they were going anywhere. I like Mygetto very much, and the other two members of the old Clone Wars "Triad of Evil", which I know are in there.

Yeah, sorry. I wasn't that clear. They can hang around, just without triggering a battle. So (I think) you can go to a planet without fighting, check its defenses and then either attack or move on to other planets that have been corrupted.

I'm glad the Axis...er, Triad of Evil is in as well. :)
 lordzack
10-02-2006, 8:51 PM
I haven't seen any evidence of that, but it's possible I guess. Also as I mentioned in the What Are Fighters Good For thread, I think the Rebellion should get a few carriers. It's too late to add them to Forces of Corruption, but maybe a patch or another expansion?
 Darth Anarch
10-03-2006, 9:44 AM
I sort of like the fact that fighters work different for the Imperials and the Rebels. Rebel fighters are stronger and have hyperdrives, while the Imperial fighters are free. Gives both sides some unique flavour. Introducing carriers for the Rebels would blur this difference, and that's not a good thing in my mind.
 lordzack
10-03-2006, 12:09 PM
But it's already blurred. The Empire has hyperspace fighters, so I think the Rebellion should have at least one carrier. They have Garrison fighters too, after all, in they're Space Stations. They'd retain they're flavor, but it would be a little more fair.
Page: 1 of 1