Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Your CD key is not Authorized to play this Game

Page: 1 of 1
 Spawnof theSith
09-23-2006, 4:21 PM
Ok I know their is already a thread like this, but had nothing that would help me and is pretty old. I bought BF2 two weeks ago (finally) at target and the first time I tried to play online, that message shows up. I have reentered my cd key in cdkey.exe numerous times, but that did nothing. please help!
 swphreak
09-23-2006, 7:39 PM
If your copy is legit, I suggest visiting LucasArts (www.lucasarts.com)'s) tech support.
 SidiousHead
01-26-2008, 4:21 PM
i know why you are experiencing this. It means that you are banned from that particular server. Its the message you get when you have been banned. It may not be you that got banned, Bans arent perfect. THey sometimes ban innocents too, by accident. THat is probably what happend to you. A side effect of someone elses banning. Try playing on a different server.
 athieboy
08-19-2008, 3:43 AM
its wierd it happens to me sometimes too.
 IslandFreak
11-03-2008, 7:04 AM
Do you have SW:BF:II installed on any other computer on your home network?
I have a similar problem, with the same result. I have battlefront 2 installed on 2 computer's in my house... I have 2 discs for it, a DVD and CD version.
Even though both keys are legit, it doesn't let both computers join the same game, unless one of them hosts.
Try contacting LA?
 TripHammer
11-03-2008, 1:54 PM
I have a similar problem, with the same result. I have battlefront 2 installed on 2 computer's in my house... I have 2 discs for it, a DVD and CD version.
Even though both keys are legit, it doesn't let both computers join the same game, unless one of them hosts.

That's not right. Both computers should be able to connect just fine. Are both disks the same version? If one of the games is v1.0 and the other is v1.1, then both versions will give you a different server list. Update from 1.0 to fix the problem.
Page: 1 of 1