Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do you write your chapters?

Page: 1 of 1
 Master Jimmy
09-21-2006, 3:55 PM
I write mine right off the top of my head, but some of you must use microsoft word or other document processing program, or other ways. How do you write your fics?
 RC-1162
09-21-2006, 4:01 PM
i use word so that i can save the chapters onto my hard disk just in case and i use the spell checker too.
 igyman
09-21-2006, 4:06 PM
I type the entire fic in word. When it's completely finished and I'm at least half satisfied I start posting, but before I post each chapter I reread it and check for grammar/spelling errors and even storyline and character inconsistencies, I fix them and then post the chapter.
 Diego Varen
09-21-2006, 4:17 PM
I type all my Fics in Word. When I first started, I used to type everything in the Reply Thread, but then they were short, so Word was the best choice. Also Methaod is spelt Method.
 Jae Onasi
09-21-2006, 4:31 PM
I use Word. The spell checker does a good job of finding my spelling errors and typos, but I usually ignore the grammar check. I let it run in case there's some major weird grammar goof, but otherwise I click the 'ignore rule' button more often than not. It's also easier for me to read black-on-white and I can make the font size larger with ease so it's comfortable for me to read.
Doing it on Word means I have a copy on my hard drive as well as on the site (because you never know when a site will go down.)
I can print out each chapter to look at it for edits if I'm away from my computer. I usually have the latest chapter I'm revising in my purse so that if I'm waiting in a doctor's office or in my car for my kids to get out of school, I have something to do.
 JediMaster12
09-21-2006, 5:23 PM
I type all my fics in Word and save them on my handy dandy flash drive. As to the creation of the chapters I usually have a general story line in my mind and I take the ball and run with it with an occasionally RPing to get the situation right. Word is useful for the grammar and spell check but it doesn't recognize all words so make sure you know you have the right spelling.
 Jason Skywalker
09-21-2006, 5:28 PM
Yup, Word. Pretty easy. ;)
 JediAthos
09-21-2006, 7:23 PM
I'm kind of old fashioned in that I carry a couple of notebooks with me and do my writing on paper, and then transfer it to the computer using word.
 HK-42
09-21-2006, 7:43 PM
I type all my fics in Word and save them on my handy dandy flash drive. As to the creation of the chapters I usually have a general story line in my mind and I take the ball and run with it with an occasionally RPing to get the situation right. Word is useful for the grammar and spell check but it doesn't recognize all words so make sure you know you have the right spelling.
Same here go FD
 The Doctor
09-21-2006, 9:38 PM
I type the chapters up in WordPerfect, use the spell- and grammar-check, then read it over just to make sure nothing was missed. Then I send it on over to Hall to be edited one final time (haven't done this in a while... my bad, Hall. :p) before posting it.
 RaV™
09-21-2006, 10:10 PM
I use word, though I do use improv along the way. Yes I haven't posted a fanfic before, but soon enough there will be a fanfic..
 Tysyacha
09-21-2006, 10:35 PM
I write improv fics. Sometimes my facts may not be 100% straight, but I do. ;)
Page: 1 of 1