Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Layer not auto-loading in Zeroeditor

Page: 1 of 1
 banthafodder88
09-20-2006, 5:45 PM
Posted this in the wrong place earlier...

I've got a map named TATT that I added a new layer to, in order to hold all of my CP's, mounted guns, powerups etc... When I added the layer using the New... button in Zeroeditor it created Layer001 in the interface and a file TATT_Layer001.LYR.

I saved the map by saving the world and exited.

The next time I opened the map the Layer wasn't available from the layers tool. If I try to load the .LYR file it tells me about possible instability and either throws away the [Base] layer and just shows the contents of TATT_Layer001.LYR, or throws an exception and crashes Zeroeditor.

What's a little freaky is that it all munges correctly. That layer shows up on the munged map, layed out properly. I just can't get it to load with the .WLD so I can edit it sanely.

Previously I was working with a map based on the tat2 world, and every time I loaded it I was prompted for which layers I wanted to load. I looked through the .req and other files that I could think of, even looking at .wld files with a hex editor to see if I could find a reference to lyr files, but didn't see it.

What do I need to do to have a .WLD file recognize that it needs to load this additional layer?
Page: 1 of 1