Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

problem with cutscenes

Page: 1 of 1
 maverick2k6
09-13-2006, 9:38 AM
Hi.I'm havin trouble with cutscenes in both the rebel and empire campaigns.In the rebel campaign,after the first mission ends,the cutscene that follows just doesn't move on.it just shows 2 ships floating in real time and nothin else happens.In the empire campaign,In mission 9 where palpatine has to go somewhere take care of some business with some aliens with a weird name startin with B.The opening cutscene starts where an imperial ship comes down to land at the surface and 4 aliens are standing there and a hatch opens but no one comes out.The aliens just stand there in real time flashin their weapons for eternity.plz help me out.
 maverick2k6
09-25-2006, 8:09 AM
plz somebody help me i'm stuck
 DarthMaulUK
09-27-2006, 7:01 PM
Have you downloaded the latest patch? Do so from www.lucasfiles.com)

DMUK
 Darth_Dennis
11-19-2006, 3:23 PM
I was able to finish as rebels but with my empire campaign I am having the EXACT same thing posted above happen to me. I am using 1.5 and my system is in perfect order. I have an ATI 9600 AIW and the latest catalyst installed, DX 9.0c installed and all. I tried selling all my units, turning the graphics to minimum (aside from 4 or 5 other settings). The emporer does not come down the ramp and the bothans stand there waiting forever. I did not build on or above Bothawui and I take the emporer alone, though I've tried putting Vader/Veers with him.

I've noticed that no one seems to know what causes this so I was wondering if there is anyway to get past this by disabling cut scenes or a save editor where I can go in and set Bothawui to "won" so I can at least skip this mission and continue. I would really like to finish my campaign. Any help would be appreciated.

Also: My friend is over playing his campaign and got to the same place I am and the same thing happened in his save. He also tried to use the emporer in ground battle (which I hadn't done) and the emporer was invisible; so I am thinking that just maybe the two problems are related. How would I know if the emporer's textures had become corrupted? I have forces of corruption which I got recently and I know for a fact that when I was playing skirmish in the original EAW before FOC came out that I was able to see the emporer running around doing force lightning. Going to try uninstalling everything and reinstalling just EAW to see what happens.

Alright, reinstalled and no change. Wish I knew what was wrong with the Emporer...
 HDFiend
02-06-2007, 1:26 PM
I was able to finish as rebels but with my empire campaign I am having the EXACT same thing posted above happen to me. I am using 1.5 and my system is in perfect order. I have an ATI 9600 AIW and the latest catalyst installed, DX 9.0c installed and all. I tried selling all my units, turning the graphics to minimum (aside from 4 or 5 other settings). The emporer does not come down the ramp and the bothans stand there waiting forever. I did not build on or above Bothawui and I take the emporer alone, though I've tried putting Vader/Veers with him.

I've noticed that no one seems to know what causes this so I was wondering if there is anyway to get past this by disabling cut scenes or a save editor where I can go in and set Bothawui to "won" so I can at least skip this mission and continue. I would really like to finish my campaign. Any help would be appreciated.

Also: My friend is over playing his campaign and got to the same place I am and the same thing happened in his save. He also tried to use the emporer in ground battle (which I hadn't done) and the emporer was invisible; so I am thinking that just maybe the two problems are related. How would I know if the emporer's textures had become corrupted? I have forces of corruption which I got recently and I know for a fact that when I was playing skirmish in the original EAW before FOC came out that I was able to see the emporer running around doing force lightning. Going to try uninstalling everything and reinstalling just EAW to see what happens.

Alright, reinstalled and no change. Wish I knew what was wrong with the Emporer...

Have you had any luck with this issue? I am running into the EXACT same problem. I've reinstalled many times to no avail. Anyway to get past the cutscene or skip the mission?
 DarthMaulUK
02-06-2007, 1:40 PM
It all sounds like graphic card driver issues. Make sure you download the latest drivers today. I know there have been a round of new driver launches.

Also are you using an older save? Before a patch for example. I am aware of old saved games causing issues.

I will let Petroglyph know to see if its an issue that is known

DMUK
 HDFiend
02-06-2007, 4:40 PM
I am using a Radeon 9800 Pro with latest Catalyst drivers. I had also restarted a new campaign and still came to the same problem on Bothawui. Is there no way to simply skip this mission or get past the cutscene? The Bothans are just standing waiting for the emperor to come out of the shuttle. If I could just get past that somehow!
 DarthMaulUK
02-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Very odd indeed. Sounds daft but, you havent killed the Emperor or anything? haha. I will have to pass this onto Petroglyph.

DMUK
Page: 1 of 1