Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mods

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Dragoon
09-06-2006, 11:42 AM
I have followed many tutorials including recruitment mods but when i put them in my game they never work. last night i followed the recruitment mod and the recruit a NPC in less than 10 steps but when i put them in my game they never work. atris never spawned on nar shaddaa so my mod could not start! do i need to put the files in a mod file?
 Darth333
09-06-2006, 11:49 AM
no. You just drop everything in the override folder. Something must be wrong with one (or more) of your files.

Here are a few things that are the source of common mistakes :
- make sure the names of your files don't exceed 16 characters
- did you compiled your script to spawn her? The *.nss files will have no effect on the game, it's the *.ncs files that you need.
- Where did you attached your script to spawn her?
 Darth Dragoon
09-06-2006, 1:23 PM
for her to spawn i put the co-ordinates in the script generator and the tag and then compiled it! i have made sure that the files names arent more than 16 characters.
 stoffe
09-06-2006, 2:14 PM
for her to spawn i put the co-ordinates in the script generator and the tag and then compiled it! i have made sure that the files names arent more than 16 characters.

Where do you run your script from? For a script to do anything it isn't enough to just put the NCS file in the override folder, you need to run the script from somewhere (usually an event of an object).
 Darth Dragoon
09-06-2006, 2:34 PM
you talk to the man who asks you for money and theres a question option for your character and then he dialog ends and atris spawns.
 Darth333
09-06-2006, 2:52 PM
Can you post a screenshot of the *.dlg branch where the script is attached, one of you .utc file and the source code of your spawn script?
 Darth Dragoon
09-16-2006, 3:44 PM
cant take screenshots, i dont know why it wont work, its a real pain in the butt, i have to get people to make me recruitments mods at the moment. i follow every line of the tutorial and it still does work, i give up. nothing works, alli can do is reskins and that get boring!!
 Torthane
09-16-2006, 4:18 PM
Try starting a new game and play through to where your character should show up. I know it's a pain to have to start a new game but it might fix your problem.
 Darth Dragoon
09-16-2006, 4:42 PM
i have tried that, its not with that its with recrutment mods with script launching it a conversation like recruiting master kavar, i put a entry at the end of the talk with master kavar in the cantina in iziz and it wont work.
 SithRevan
09-16-2006, 5:49 PM
Did you attach the script to the "script #1" field in the dialog editor? If you did not that will mess it up too.

P.S.: Also if you cannot take screenshots try this software here (http://donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/screenshotcaptor/index.html), I use it and it is really good.
 Darth Dragoon
09-16-2006, 5:54 PM
i attached it to the script #1
 SithRevan
09-16-2006, 5:58 PM
That is strange, show me what code your are using for the recruitment script.
 Darth Dragoon
09-16-2006, 6:03 PM
the script that is in the tutorial!!
 SithRevan
09-16-2006, 6:07 PM
Ok hold on I will take look at it and I might be able to help you from there.

Edit: Ok I looked at the recruitment script and as far as I can tell it adds your recruit to the party by taking the number of one of the other party NCP's and replacing it with that character. So I think that may be a little tricky so here is a smaller and maybe a little easier code for you:

void main()
{

AddAvailableNPCByObject(NPC_KREIA,GetObjectByTag("characters tag"));

AddPartyMember(NPC_KREIA,GetObjectByTag("characters tag"));

}

Now as you can see with this code you are telling the game to replace the party ncp by it's name. So there will be no confusion over who you are replacing. So now try to compile this and use it with your mod and tell me how it works, also you can change "KREIA" to ("ATTON, DICSIPLE, HANDMAIDEN, HANHARR, MIRA, VISAS, GOTO, T3M4, HK-47, andanyone else I forgot"). So I hope this helps!:D
 Darth InSidious
09-17-2006, 8:03 AM
This may sound really stupid, but did you ensure you used the right thing for you TemplateResRef/Tag in the scripts?

Also, some dialogues just don't let you attach scripts to them like that. I don't know why, but sometimes they just don't work...
 Darth Dragoon
09-17-2006, 11:01 AM
i esed exactly what the tutorial said!
 goldberry
09-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Often, when people say they followed a tutorial exactly, they didn't. Go through exactly what *you* did, without resorting to re-reading the tutorial before replying.
 Darth Dragoon
09-17-2006, 1:31 PM
i extracted the .utc file changed the faction id to 2, changed the script from def to hen, changed the tag to the character i want to replace. i copied the script and compiled them. created a dialog and attached the script to "script 1".
?dont think i left anything out in that explanation?
 Darth InSidious
09-17-2006, 5:17 PM
What did you do about the TemplateResRef?

Did you replace the right bits in the scripts?

Could you post up versions of your modified scripts?
Page: 1 of 1