Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars Kotor II Total Conversion: The Darkness Within

Page: 1 of 1
 .:Sam:.
09-02-2006, 12:03 PM
This total conversion has been going on for a while now but I don't think anyones put up any information about it on Lucas Forums yet so I guess I'll have to do it now.

This total conversion is for KOTOR II and you play as the Dark lord Bashanni's apprentice. Its a Light/Darkside TC but you start of Dark side on this one and get the choice to Join the Republic later on in the game.
This game will feature new music,Models,weapons and much more and its the first Kotor were you actually have a Rival who you battle more than once througout the TC getting stronger each time.
We still need help on this game we have enough Voicers and Story line editors but we need Modelers, Scripters and People who have skill with Kotor tool (Im not saying we don't but the more people good at kotor tool the better) Our website is http://s9.invisionfree.com/KOTORIITC) you can find more information about the TC there and the in-depth storyline is on the site.

We appreciate all the help we can get, Thanks.
 Kainzorus Prime
09-02-2006, 12:07 PM
If this is not actuall release this thread shoud be in Holowan Labs. TUCE is only for released mods.
 uzibear
09-02-2006, 2:40 PM
sure sounds cool though :)
 RedHawke
09-03-2006, 12:50 AM
Moving...
09-04-2006, 10:13 AM
I'll get some screenshots up later of the first scene which is on Coruscant where the Senate are debating wheter they should send an assualt team to strike Darth Bashanni's Flagship and capture her apprentice, who is the Character you play as.
 The Source
09-04-2006, 4:16 PM
Why do I get the sense that you are turning KotOR II into your own I.P.?
09-05-2006, 2:31 PM
I.P?
 ChAiNz.2da
09-05-2006, 2:49 PM
Intellectual Property in this case (I think?) ;)

There's about 130+ acronyms for IP :xp:
09-09-2006, 7:41 AM
O.o Im the leader of this mod.

Ok the team has requested that we add jn-66 into the game, but to do this he would need to be modeled...Any Modelers here wanting to help?

I'll post first screenshots up soon.
 Darth InSidious
09-09-2006, 9:05 AM
What is jn-66?
09-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Jn-66 is an anaylis droid ,manufactured at Cybot galactica
More information:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/jn66/index.html)
 goldberry
09-09-2006, 1:39 PM
Surely a JN-66 wouldn't have been invented yet?
 Darth InSidious
09-09-2006, 4:52 PM
Also, that kind of modelling just isn't possible yet AFAIK...
 Temp3rMental
09-09-2006, 5:24 PM
Jn-66 is an anaylis droid ,manufactured at Cybot galactica
More information:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/jn66/index.html)

Wow...that would be some heavy modelling indeed.
 Arбtoeldar
09-10-2006, 12:11 AM
Surely a JN-66 wouldn't have been invented yet?

Since the mod is a Total Conversion. The plot could be set in any era of the Star Wars Universe.
 RC-Archangel
09-10-2006, 1:15 AM
Hey tiger its me archangel... Anyways, just so everyone knows im working on the mod as well and I'm the guy who suggested this robot in the 1st place.

"Jedi investigators rely on their intuition and connection to the Force to solve most mysteries, but during the waning days of the Republic, this was proving alarmingly difficult as the pall of the dark side began to cloud their perceptions."

They never said which era of the republic now did they :) Besides the modeling required to make this I realise would be immense so... bodge it all to hell. Use jn-66's basic design but cut corners here and there where necesary. Not only will this make it easier to model but it will also mean it would be much more like a predecessor to the real jn-66 droid.

What I'm saying is have jn's main features...include his repulsor lifts a slightly modified neck, the same basic head model and a body model relatively close to what he originally is. Or of course if you like a challenge you can always make the real thing... I won't stop you :)
09-10-2006, 7:12 AM
The best I can model is an arwing from starfox so I won't be doing it, and even doing what you said it still might be quite hard angel
 Darth InSidious
09-10-2006, 8:31 AM
You might be able to alter the Toydarian model and skin...
 Temp3rMental
09-10-2006, 4:30 PM
Whoevers doing the model, has he/she started or are they still discussing ways of tackling it?
09-11-2006, 1:00 PM
The darkness Within still has NO modelers, so no it hasn't started yet. WE NEED MOEDELERS *preys someone will anser the request*
 Temp3rMental
09-11-2006, 5:38 PM
I just started 3D modelling, so I don't know if that'll help much. I will be on my break after this Friday, so tell me by then if you want me to try something.
09-12-2006, 2:11 PM
Update:

Storyline: 100%
Scripted Storyline: 18%
Voicing 2%
Module Creation 22%
Modeling: 1.2%
Coding/Scripts: 14%

TC SO FAR: 5% Complete
TIME UNTIL FIRST DEMO: About 2-3 weeks
 RC-Archangel
09-13-2006, 1:27 AM
WOOHOO!!! awesome! lol. anyways tempermental thanks for the offer, and as i don't think we have models that we desperately need RIGHT now then that's ok. Also i don't really think that the Storyline is 100% complete as i am the one writing up the darkside story for each part as tiger submits the lightside story. And there is the fact that i have not planned out what will happen completely but i have most of it thought out. you can check out my idea on the site under storyline in the 'News' section. hope y'all enjoy now!
09-13-2006, 11:25 AM
The Storyline is 100% complete, I have the basic outline of whats going to happen in the TC You are thinking of the scripted storyline.
 RC-Archangel
09-14-2006, 12:18 AM
well actually no im not 'cos my mind has been 'a thinkin and ive beena goin' i have a brilliant idea that is insanely awesome! but anyways can you just like email me or PM me on the site so i can see what this 'outline' is. i wanna see if i can put my idea into this little TC...cos its just plain cool!:)
09-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Do you mean the bit where
*Spoiler* The object blows up and it leaves you on a cliff hanger*Spoiler* Or something else?

It would be easier for me if I posted it on here later.
 RC-Archangel
09-14-2006, 10:41 PM
well...kinda. i mean the newer post with my Idea!.doc file attachment. and yes it does have the same basic ending. but now:

a)It includes our "secret training room" topic if you've read that
b)The VONG!
c)Some just plain cool things by me!
09-15-2006, 10:17 AM
I'll check it out and put feedback on our site, I'll aso post the next part of the scripted storyline.
 n321
09-18-2006, 1:05 AM
How do you plan to make entirely new location modules for a TC.. I was told that that was not possible? Did someone figure this out while I was gone?

Also can you model an entirely new model and put it in game?
 Darth InSidious
09-18-2006, 6:54 AM
No to both counts, with the exception of weapons and headgear.
 RC-Archangel
09-20-2006, 9:57 PM
So uhh we doin' my idea or what!?
09-21-2006, 1:12 PM
I read thorugh its to complex and would need loads of modeling and we do not yet have a tool that will let you create your own modules im afraid...Sorry Angel
09-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Sorry for double posting...

Iv'e changed your basic clothing in apperance.2da, so you wear the clothes of a dark jedi Master = D
What do you think of it?

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h236/tiger778/Charactergenartion.jpg)
 Master Vassar
09-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Well you should prob make the hands black and give the females somethign else as it is a very male looking armor with no curves whatsoever. That having been said i like the idea.
 MarcusPercius
09-24-2006, 2:47 PM
hey, i'm Marcus, the head voicer on the Darkness within TC... lately the forums and input from a lot of the members has been a little... lifeless.. we need more modeling peeps and some ladies willing to voice for us well anyone, but we need female voicers specifically! if you are willing to help, go to our forums... located in tiger778's signature! thanks!
 RC-Archangel
09-30-2006, 8:10 PM
lol marcus is taking charge.
Anyway here's a list of what we need now.
-Voicers (preferably female but we could use more males)
-Modelers... as stated before, we have practically none
-KotOR Tool users. anyone capable of using kotor tool help would be much appreciated.
if you fall into the above categories and want to help out visit us here http://s9.invisionfree.com/KOTORIITC/index.php?)
 The Colonel
10-01-2006, 1:56 AM
sounds awsome
 RC-Archangel
10-13-2006, 8:24 PM
Well it would be... if someone were there to do anything. Tiger seems to be up to his neck in homework or something and without him we haven't a clue what to do
 MarcusPercius
11-16-2006, 4:17 AM
So yes here we go again, we've decided to start up the forum again, we've had a great response to it, we would also like more people to join! http://z11.invisionfree.com/Darknes...ness_Within_TC/) ( The Darkness Within TC Forum ) there is the link
12-03-2006, 9:43 AM
Sorry everyone for my mysterious...dissapearance but im back now and this TC is now revieved, ^_^
 TheRogueForums
06-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Greetings all!

Over at TRF, we have embraced this Total Conversion project. Since there are no scripters, moddelers, or other "tech" personnel, I have decided to try and teach myself how to do some of this work, using the wonderful tutorials on LucasForums.

HOWEVER, as many have stated before, this project is massive in terms of coding and 3D work, and we need help. Currently, I can make a lightsaber hilt that resembles something like... modern art sculpture rejection pieces. Basically, I'm crap, but I am trying, and improving each time I fire up G-Max.

So, I put it to the available, skilled people: Can, and will, you help us? The TC project has taken a new home, HERE (http://www.therogueforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145), and we would love to have you drop by to check out the new story line concepts, and offer any insight.

At this time, we cannot promise to fully compensate any scripters or moddelers, but we are working on something to get those who put their valuable time in some rewards for their labor.

All the best,
~Ki
 salam263
10-07-2010, 2:34 PM
is this a abandoned project? just wondering..
10-07-2010, 5:29 PM
I'm still around salam263, but to be honest, I begun work on this 'total conversion' a very long time ago. Needless to say, I wasn't as committed as what I would have been today (in my opinion anyway) as I was much younger at the time; but I simply do not have the time to tackle a project of this scale nowadays beacuse of Sixth Form and University (the latter I will be hoping to start next year).

I've been toying with the idea of getting myself known in the modding community better but on a much smaller scale. By this I mean: short side missions, small added content etc.

Perhaps in the future I will consider tackling a big project like this one. I've brainstormed several script ideas in Word recently, but I haven't actually done any work on them. I'm hoping to do something soon though so just keep your eyes peeled.

~ .:Sam:.
 salam263
10-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Alright.. it was a really cool idea anyway. If you decide to make the mod in the future, i'll defenetly play it :)
 Slstoev
10-17-2010, 11:55 AM
He'll probably do it IF he has time and if he get's a decent amout of modding experience again
Page: 1 of 1