Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fanfics

Page: 1 of 1
 Diego Varen
08-28-2006, 9:46 AM
Which do you prefer to see your masterpiece Fanfics in? The Coruscant Entertainment Centre or The Jedi Archives?

I prefer the Jedi Archives, because it looks a lot neater and you can always read them easier, without having to read comments, etc.

This Poll is mainly for Writers (Like me), but anyone can answer this. Discuss.
 igyman
08-28-2006, 10:27 AM
I vote for the Jedi Archives for the same reasons you do.
 Jae Onasi
08-28-2006, 12:24 PM
^^

It depends on the mood I'm in, I guess. If I want to read just the story, the Archives are definitely better because it's a clean read and much less jumping around to get to the next chapter. My story went from something like 400 posts in CEC down to 38 in the Archives and 11 pages to 1. That's a pretty big difference.

If I'm wanting to see what kind of feedback a certain scene got, obviously CEC's the place to go. The feedback is definitely helpful, though I'm sure I'm 'preaching to the choir' here since you all comment regularly, too.
Some of the comments gave me some very good ideas that I would never have thought of otherwise. It's also nice to know someone's reading. You can tell from the views, but the actual feedback is even better.
 igyman
08-28-2006, 12:29 PM
When it comes to your own fics, I completely agree - CEC is better and yeah, the feedback helps a lot, but when it comes to other people's fics that are already finished, well, that's why the Jedi Archives were introduced in the first place - for easy and comment-free reading.
 JediMaster12
08-28-2006, 12:34 PM
I prefer the Archives for clean reading because on ocassion I go there to reread fics that I have been following. CEC is good when I want to hear comments regarding my own fics because writing, like anything else, is a learning process.
 The Doctor
08-28-2006, 1:35 PM
Well, I would rather view threads for my own stories in the Entertainment Center, to see the kind of feedback (if any) I get. But if I'm reading someone else's story, I read it in the Archives first, then go to the CEC thread to read all the feedback stuff when I'm done.
 Maverick5770
08-28-2006, 1:52 PM
My Dial up is soo slow that i like the Jedi Archives for reading, the comments take too long to load with the actual story, but When I have the time I read it in the CEC because the comments can be interesting.
 JediAthos
08-29-2006, 1:32 AM
Well, since I'm still working on posting my first fic, I haven't really examined the archives yet. I'm more interested in feedback on my writing at this point in the game anyway.
 RC-1162
08-29-2006, 1:28 PM
there are two points of view. if you want to see the comments of others on a particualr fic, the CEC would be better, but if you want uninterrupted reading, the JA is for you. i myself prefer the Archives
Page: 1 of 1