Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

i'm picking up modding as hobby

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthLegacy
08-24-2006, 3:22 PM
Hey folks,

I decided abruptly while playing TSL today that I was going to pick up modding the game, probably items mostly. So I don't have anything planned out in stone yet, but I can say this, I will probably start with a small item pack, and will use TSLPatcher to help with compatability. I will be origional, but when i relase the item pack, if anyone sees similarities, just let me know, and i will remove them/change it.

Just wanted to introduce myself.
 Emperor Devon
08-24-2006, 3:25 PM
Welcome to Holowan, DarthLegacy! :waive1: Always good to have new modders.
 Mav
08-24-2006, 4:55 PM
Welcome to Holowan, DarthLegacy! :waive1: Always good to have new modders.

QFE
 DarthLegacy
08-24-2006, 9:28 PM
well, as soon as i get all my programs back installed and up and running i am going to begin modding/creating items. Anyone have any ideas for me to start with. I'm really just asking what kinds of stuff did other people start with etc.
 Emperor Devon
08-24-2006, 9:31 PM
Usually simple items, skins, tweaks, or dialogue edits.
 Fiestainabox
08-24-2006, 9:53 PM
My first Released mod was a simple .2da edit that involved changing a whole lot of zeros to ones. I guess its got pretty popular judging by the reviews. Making rucuitable NPC's is quite fun and easy too, but its the pain of trying to make that NPC unique and awsome thats a true pain.
 Fjope
08-24-2006, 10:07 PM
I think item and texture edits are probably the easiest to. I wouldn't recommend learning to script until you absolutely have to; it's painful. :sweat:
 90SK
08-24-2006, 10:36 PM
Welcome, DarthLegacy. Why don't you read through the tutorials and see what appeals to you? There are lots of ways to mod KotOR: it can be fun, but it can also be quite tedious. I'd start small, and work your way up.

Enjoy the forums! :)
 SithRevan
08-24-2006, 11:51 PM
I recommend (as this was my first type of mod) starting out with making simple jedi robes and then advancing on to other things like 2da editing, scripting, modeling (if it comes easy to you), ect.! So good luck with any mods that you may create, and I just want to say that I am sure you will have the full support of this forum with anything you do!:D

P.S.: Also if you do decide to start off with making robes I recommend this tutorial here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149626), so with all of that said happy modding and "May the force serve you well"!:D
 Prime
08-25-2006, 11:23 AM
I'd say start with editing textures. It is fairly straight forward and gives you the basicas of what is involved with editing...
 DarthLegacy
08-25-2006, 8:32 PM
For my first mod, i will be doing a small item pack. it may or may not be placed in game. if not in the first version, i will place it in at a later date.

Thanks for your support!!

It will most likely include... A new set of robs, with origional design schemes, a new lightsaber made Specifically for the PC, and maybe a "helmet". Not an origional concept i know, but the designs/features will be.
 Shem
08-26-2006, 8:39 AM
Welcome to the Modding Club! :D
 DarthLegacy
08-26-2006, 1:43 PM
ty shem
Page: 1 of 1