Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Psychic powers:Is it true?

Page: 1 of 1
 dillon123
08-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Psycihic Powers:Are they real?

Psychic powers are still uncomfirmed,but many things may prove that they are real.Anyone know of anything that can prove psychic powers exist?

P.S.(This is kind of on topic,but im putting it here in case.I dont want to get bummed for putting it in the wrong place.)

P.P.S. :cowdance (Happy Dancey Cow!Yay!)
 Halo_92
08-21-2006, 11:04 PM
i don't have any proof nor do i have powers execpt from the regular-occuring deja vu.
 KingCheez
08-21-2006, 11:16 PM
I used to be able to move a napkin with telekinesis. Under a jar, of course. So yeah, I believe in psychic powers.
 DarthAve
08-21-2006, 11:39 PM
I know psychic powers are possible.

Deja vu anyone?
 pyrohappygirl
08-22-2006, 1:08 AM
Haha. I'm psychic. Foresight, and the other day I used telekinesis. So yes, I do believe in psychic powers.
 Poopdogjr
08-22-2006, 1:55 AM
I've always wanted to beileve that yes, deep down inside of us human beings have abilities we have yet to learn of. It might not even be Psychic abilities who knows what else we may be capableof. I always kind of though that maybe we are missing a sense that might allow us to acces something else. Like maybe we are all blind in a sense and have yet to learn how to really see. Or being able to smell and taste.

I know lots of people have heard that whole thing about how humans only use 10% of their brain, but I heard in school that that's just B.S. We use our whole brain, but it's something like we only use 10% of it at a time. I can't remember exactly. I'm not sure if it's entirely true or not. I'm to lazy to do the research on it right now. It's nice to think that theres something we should strive for in bettering ourselves.

Now that I've said something intelligent it's time for the opposite. I think if we did get SUPA MAGIC POWAS it would totally rawk. I seriously found an old diploma in my basement certifying me as an Assistant Magician. So you better be nice to me, or I'll throw you 50 feet into the air with my mind and laugh and stuff. Wait, are magicians Psychic too? Or are they just AWESOME. I never really thought about that. I would float around all day not touching the ground, because at that point I would be far to important to soil myself in such a way as to "walk" on "Earth". Plus little white rabbits would be my slaves. Which would be neat.

Also I enjoy dancing cows as well.
 Paranoidish
08-22-2006, 7:23 AM
I believe that, when put to the test, humans will be able to display extradionary feats never before seen. Some will claim it to be a work of God, others psychic powers, and others will even call it a miracle of science.

I fall into that last one.

But I've also heard - I can't remember where - that during an extreme electrical storm, once can move objects just by thinking about it. This is explained due to the fact that thoughts are only electrical currents and if the room were filled with outside electrical currents, your thought could travel along one of those to the object.

Sounds interesting enough, at least.
 cara
08-22-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm the type to say that anything is possible but I won't buy it until I see it for myself.

However, I'd really like it to be true. I would never have to wipe my own ass!
 Halo_92
08-22-2006, 12:23 PM
I would never have to wipe my own ass!
yeah keep that crap to yourself
 Det. Bart Lasiter
08-22-2006, 1:17 PM
No. But if you do have psychic powers you should go on Penn and Teller's show Bull**** and win a million dollars for yourself (a friend of theirs whose name I can't remember has stated on numerous occasions that he will give one million dollars to anyone who can scientifically prove the existance of psychic powers).
 cara
08-22-2006, 1:34 PM
yeah keep that crap to yourself

That's the worst pun I've ever heard.

If it is indeed a pun.
 Halo_92
08-22-2006, 2:03 PM
no really I didn't want to know that
 St. Jimmy
08-22-2006, 9:44 PM
I think I am actually phsyco or the other one... I constantly have deja vu and sometimes I just can tell when someone is going to say something or when something is going to happen... Or maybe I'm just a freak.
 Poopdogjr
08-22-2006, 11:32 PM
I have frequent cases of Deja Vu too. You have to wonder where that feeling originates from.
 KingCheez
08-22-2006, 11:45 PM
Deja vu is not a psychic power or anything. If it happens to everyone all the time, then it's nothing special. Just your mind playing tricks on you.
 Poopdogjr
08-22-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm not saying that it is a psychic power. I'm just saying it's a weird feeling that seems to come out of no-where at times.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
08-23-2006, 12:02 AM
Anyone ever play Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy? Cool game.
 Poopdogjr
08-23-2006, 12:08 AM
I've always heard good things about it, but have yet to play it. With all sorts of cheap games out there now though, I plan on playing some games I missed this past generation, and skip much of the expensive Next-Gen stuff.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
08-23-2006, 12:17 AM
I've always heard good things about it, but have yet to play it. With all sorts of cheap games out there now though, I plan on playing some games I missed this past generation, and skip much of the expensive Next-Gen stuff.
It's not next-gen, it's kind of old actually, because the sequel will probably be out soon.
 Poopdogjr
08-23-2006, 12:24 AM
No, I mean Next-Gen like Xbox360, PS3, or Wii. There are so many good games I have yet to play on the current X-box, like Psi-Ops for example.

The xbox library isn't as big as Playstation's unfortunately but I've heard of a couple other good ones. Like Breakdown is supposed to be good.
 pyrohappygirl
08-23-2006, 1:58 AM
I was gonna try and get Psi-ops. Mainly because I've seen on the cover that you can invoke massive explosions with your mind and other sorts of Pyrokinesis... HUZZAH! And, anyway. I have used telekinesis before. It's cool.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
08-23-2006, 2:21 AM
I was gonna try and get Psi-ops. Mainly because I've seen on the cover that you can invoke massive explosions with your mind and other sorts of Pyrokinesis... HUZZAH! And, anyway. I have used telekinesis before. It's cool.
fer sher. But yeah that game is friggin' awesome.
 dillon123
08-26-2006, 4:33 PM
I think I am actually phsyco or the other one...

I bet you are phsyco.

For the rest of you,we have something here.Im intrested in that move objects in an extreme electrical storm Idea.
 Poopdogjr
08-27-2006, 12:13 AM
I sort of want to be that paranoid guy thinking conspiracies and stuff are everywhere, and believing in the supernatural. But I just can't bring myself to believe alot of the junk put out there. Some of it is pretty interesting though. And is cool to think about.
 Samnmax221
08-27-2006, 12:16 AM
No. But if you do have psychic powers you should go on Penn and Teller's show Bull**** and win a million dollars for yourself (a friend of theirs whose name I can't remember has stated on numerous occasions that he will give one million dollars to anyone who can scientifically prove the existance of psychic powers).
James Randi
Page: 1 of 1