Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Doctor's Lightsaber

Page: 1 of 1
 The Doctor
08-21-2006, 1:33 PM
Please leave feedback, as this is my first mod other than a simple launcher.

The Doctor's Lightsaber (http://www.freewebs.com/doctor99/kotormods.htm)
~ The Doctor
====================

This mod adds a new lightsaber to Knights of the Old Republic - one used by the Time Lord himself. It's a fully ungradable, completely independent item - that means you don't have to overwrite another colour lightsaber to use this one. The crystal will work in a single, short, and double bladed hilt. It's my first mod, so it's not that great, but I think it's fairly well done for a first try. I've placed the crystal in Nemo's remains, but I didn't place the sabers anywhere - you'll have to place the crystal in the hilt yourself at a workbench.

I've increased the stats granted to the standard lightsaber after upgrading slightly. Upgrades will do more now than they did before. I've also increased the base stats to Damage: Energy 3-20. Both the crystal and the lightsaber itself have custom item descriptions, as well. The blade is a somewhat darker blue than normal, but I don't think anyone would notice if I weren't pointing it out right now - it's a subtle change.

====================

Installation:
To install, simply extract all of the files contained in the.zip folder into your KotOR's Override directory.

Uninstallation:
To uninstall, simply re-paste the files into the override folder, click Yes To All, then press the delete button. That will delete all files from this mod completely. It will, however, also delete the upcrystals.2da file. So if you've created a custom upcrystals.2da file, salvage it first.

Compatibilities:
The upcrystals.2da file is compatible with T7nowhere's Lightsaber 6-Pack, but no other lightsaber mod, unfortunately. It works with any other mod, as far as I know, as long as it doesn't use the same filenames.

====================

Credits:
The first person I need to thank is stoffe-mkb-. Without stoffe's patience and knowledge, I would have given up on this mod after extracting the files. I don't know how I can thank you enough, stoffe!
Big thanks go to Achilles, for his outstanding tutorials. I wouldn't have been able to even start this mod if it wasn't for him.
I also want to thank Princess Artemis for giving me some one-on-one help via email. That was very helpful, and I appreciate it greatly.
Maverick187 and EnderWiggin, for helping me understand what each type of file in a lightsaber mod did.

Of course, I also want to thank Fred Tetra for his KOTOR Tool. Modding would be a near impossible task without that handy program. I also want to thank Fred for helping me fix my KOTOR Tool a few months back,
when I completely screwed up my copy somehow.

And last but not least, I need to thank LucasArts and Bioware Corporation, for creating one of the best games ever.
 Shem
08-21-2006, 6:38 PM
Does this lightsaber have a new hilt? If so, you may want to post screenshots of it. :D
 The Doctor
08-21-2006, 6:59 PM
It doesn't, no. For some reason, lightsaber hilts only appear as solid white handles for me, and Sith troopers are just black and white instead of black and gold. I figure it's the same skin that's damaged or missing, but I don't know how to fix it...
 Mav
08-21-2006, 7:15 PM
Grats on your first mod release Doc
 The Doctor
08-21-2006, 8:22 PM
Thanks, mav. :D
 The Doctor
08-24-2006, 3:34 PM
There's now a link to the mod at PCGM. (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18733.html)
 Dirtnose
08-24-2006, 3:50 PM
Wow, Great first Mod, Using it and its awsome :D
 The Doctor
08-27-2006, 7:09 PM
Thanks Dirtnose! Glad you like it! :D
 EbonH4wK
08-28-2006, 5:15 AM
csn You post some screenies ??
 The Doctor
08-28-2006, 12:01 PM
There's no need. It doesn't look any different, just its stats are altered.
Page: 1 of 1