Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[WIP] Influence Bug Fix v1.1

Page: 1 of 1
 HouseOfAmon
08-20-2006, 8:48 AM
So, I have released version 1.1 of my influence/alignment bug fix, and basically I need feedback, on how it works, any bugs, suggestions to better it for v1.2, etc.

Whats this about?
--------------------

If you don't know what this is for, let me explain, sometimes when you level up, or gain dark/light points, and a few other things a bug would occur, this bug would cause your npc's alignment to go to the complete opposite of what it should have been.

This can be very annoying, especially if you had light/dark restricted items on them, I don't know how many times, I would turn around to see my npc's had disarmed themselves and stripped naked. Not to mention I took the time to corrupt/enlighten them to my alignment, only to have them do a total 180 on me..

Now this can be fixed by saving and loading, but as I mentioned the bug can occur quite a bit, and after saving/loading about 20 times in an hour, and re-arming/dressing my npc's for the 20th time, I decided to make a fix... Of course I then put off doing it for about 6 months, but a few days ago I decided to finish it, and here it is..

The Mod:
---------

This version works without need for any user intervention, once you install it, it does the rest.

It uses a custom alignment/influence system I built, recreating the original in script would have been possible, but it would kill fps, by my estimation to accurately rebuild the original system would have taken close to 10,000 lines of code, no i'm not kidding... :)

Now it could be incompatible with some mods, but that happens(Note that I am using a bunch of mods, and its fine), but it will be easy to update for compatibility, but thats getting ahead of myself, first and foremost I need to see if you like how the custom system works, if its bug free, and such..

The Link:
-----------

http://www.fileplanet.com/166575/160000/fileinfo/Kotor-2-Influence-Bug-Fix-v1.1)

Kotor Files has the mod now..
 Emperor Devon
08-20-2006, 2:50 PM
Mod releases should go in the Taris Upper City Emporium. (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645) :)
 T7nowhere
08-20-2006, 3:06 PM
Mod releases should go in the Taris Upper City Emporium. (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645) :)

A Work in Progress In HL is fine with me. TUCE is really for fully complete mods.
 HouseOfAmon
08-20-2006, 3:23 PM
A Work in Progress In HL is fine with me. TUCE is really for fully complete mods.

My thoughts exactly, which is why its here instead of there... Its not ready for a full release yet.. ;)

TY T7nowhere :)

Btw, anyone tried it out yet? It doesn't look like it, I don't see why you wouldnt, this bug you realize effects EVERY copy of the game using 1.0b patch, all of them, so you would think, ppl might wanna you know, maybe fix that..
 HouseOfAmon
08-20-2006, 4:19 PM
This mod is available at Kotor Files now, its under Kotor 2 Scripts section..
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/)

I got me a vote too, my first satisfied customer, gave me a 10 for it. :)
 SithRevan
08-20-2006, 4:42 PM
This mod is available at Kotor Files now, its under Kotor 2 Scripts section..
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/)

I got me a vote too, my first satisfied customer, gave me a 10 for it. :)

Hey I just wanted to say nice mod, I really like it!:D
 HouseOfAmon
08-20-2006, 4:54 PM
Hey I just wanted to say nice mod, I really like it!:D

Thank you very much, I appreciate it..

And if after using it for while you have any suggestions for it let me know, I'm up for another version if its needed, but i really like how it turned out as well.. :)

----------

Well, I have been up all night(and most the day), messing with this, and practicing playing guitar, and playtesting, and such, so its my bed time, been a busy day..

I will check back in a bunch of hours, to see how its going..

Later..
 DarknessKnight
08-26-2006, 8:54 AM
Well, sorry to rain on your parade dude, but i got a bug to refer... When i use savegame editor(KSE) to change the allignement of the NPC's they stay away from the main PC, EX: i got my PC at 0 darkside, atton is 30 and rising... influence at 100 percent. I believe that your mod didnt count with KSE i supose so if you can post a 1.2 update with this solved would be sweet...
 HouseOfAmon
08-26-2006, 12:28 PM
Well, sorry to rain on your parade dude, but i got a bug to refer... When i use savegame editor(KSE) to change the allignement of the NPC's they stay away from the main PC, EX: i got my PC at 0 darkside, atton is 30 and rising... influence at 100 percent. I believe that your mod didnt count with KSE i supose so if you can post a 1.2 update with this solved would be sweet...

I hate to break it to ya, but there is no bug.. What you describe, is completely, and totally impossible... Trust me..

My mod would overwrite any changes you made using KSE to the npc alignments.. So nothing you can do as far as npc alignment via kse would ever effect my mod.

It would fix this within seconds..

One of three things has happened..

Problems.
======

1. You are mistaken about the amount of influence you have over the npc's.

2. You didnt install the mod properly..

3. You have high enough influence, you installed the mod correctly, but the file "k_hen_heartbt01.ncs" already existed in your override folder.. In this case my mod was instructed not to overwrite the file..

Solutions.
======
These are numbered to match the above problems.. ;)

1. Make sure your influence is really high enough, I would recommend Defenders Wrist Console 1.9, it has some cool in-game options for setting your influence and alignment.

2. Check inside the installer, there is a folder called tslpatchdata, make sure the 2 .ncs files you see in that folder are in your Kotor 2 Override folder.. If not place them there..

3. If the file "k_hen_heartbt01.ncs" already existed, a mod was already using the same file, meaning you would need to either edit both mods source code, and make them compatible. Or just choose to use their mod or mine..

Conclusion
=======

One of these three things will fix your problem.. So there will be no patch, as there is no bug..

Peace..

EDIT..
I just tried this out to be completely sure, I have 100% influence over atton, the exile is at 0 darkside, are ya with me so far?

I then set atton to 100 lightside with kse, and once I loaded my savegame my mod automatically set him back to 0 darkside..

You did something wrong..
 DarknessKnight
08-26-2006, 5:22 PM
yeah i know what was wrong now it isnt something i did or you, i were using an old game that were near the end so no more dark side/lightside are available, so, i believe that your script is not working in that particular savegame since i started a new one to test it and is fine. The script alterations only work IF its a new game or a middle range one with theres DS/LS point to activate it. Sorry to bug ya about it. Solved. hehehe
 HouseOfAmon
08-27-2006, 5:30 AM
Its all good.. Though it should have worked on any game anywhere... Odd that it didnt..
 HAL90001208
01-28-2015, 2:33 PM
May I ask how to install this fix? I've downloaded the file but when I run the .exe it just open a text file where it says that, in order to install, I must "click the install button, and point it to your SWKOTOR2 folder" but it shows me no button! It's normal? I really need this fix, every ten minutes or so I have to use KSE to reset the karma (...or whatever is called). If you could help me you would do me a great favor!
 Christos K
01-31-2015, 1:02 AM
Its all good.. Though it should have worked on any game anywhere... Odd that it didnt..

From what I know it's a common thing for some mods to simply not be fully functioning with existing saves.
Page: 1 of 1