Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Merging spells.2da file?

Page: 1 of 1
 AlBundy
08-19-2006, 3:02 PM
I'm trying to use 2 different mods that both alter the spells.2da file, but when I copy a line from one of the .2da files and put it into the other, it doesn't work in-game.

The mods im trying to use together are "Beancounters blaster balance pack" and "Darth333's Force Power Mind Trick".

Edit: the problem I'm having is that both mods have the same row numbers for the spells, even if I change one of them it still doesn't work.
 Mav
08-19-2006, 3:13 PM
I don't know how beancounters mod works, as I don't know what it does to the game, but if you were to change the line number of Darth333's Force Power, than you would have to edit the force power's script, because the script refers to a line number in spells.2da, if I'm not mistaken.
 AlBundy
08-19-2006, 3:17 PM
How would I edit the script? Can I do that with KT?
 Mav
08-19-2006, 3:45 PM
depends, if a .nss version was packed with the mod than you could edit that and compile it into a .ncs file, but you can't directly edit a .ncs file. I don't know much more than that, I'm not exactly a scripting guru.
 Emperor Devon
08-19-2006, 4:32 PM
The AIOFPM includes both of those, so you won't have to do any editing. You can find at Darth333's site. (http://www.geocities.com/d333mods/)
 AlBundy
08-19-2006, 4:42 PM
Well thats great, the only place you can download it at is PCgamemods, I better go to the PCGM request thread.

Thanks for the quick replies!
Page: 1 of 1