Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Custom T-Shirt designs

Page: 1 of 1
 ArtOfLosingMFZB
08-14-2006, 4:43 PM
I am planning on making some Custom T-Shirts of one of my favorite games, Psychonauts! (seeing as how almost no Psychonauts shirts have been made) Problem is, there is basically no officially released artwork or anything. I need some images for the shirts but all I can really find off the net are screenshots from the game. Does anyone have any images that I could use?

And any good ideas for shirt designs would be great too! I was thinking of a series of shirts with the Spies from The Milkman Conspiracy and on each one they would have a different spy something from the level and they would each say something, just like the game. I can't explain it very well. But for example, on one shirt there would be a spy holding a watering can and the shirt would say "This is my watering can. I use it on the plants to water them."
 Darth_Ave
08-14-2006, 5:31 PM
Tim Fandango (tim.grimfandango.net)Has a lot of concept art you could use.

Also welcome to the forums n00b.
 Miss_Mayhem
08-14-2006, 9:17 PM
Hello there, the spies would be good, as well as the badges. You know, the little designs used for the badges would be cool on a shirt. The easiest way to get the images would be to have someone photoshop savvy use some screenshots and isolate the particular image (this is for the Gmen), fix it up a little so that the Gmen looks shirt worthy (sharpening, brighter, more saturated colors and whatnot), put in the dialog, and send the finished pic to one of those custom-shirt makers. There is also a particular paper out there made specifically for transfering pictures onto cloth...like those iron-ons. Not too sure on the proccess or the price. If using a screenshot is not an option, have someone draw it out for you.
 ArtOfLosingMFZB
08-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks. I guess I could find some good screenshots and do my best to make em work for a shirt. I have Photoshop so I could fix em up myself. And I like the badges idea, maybe have them all in a diamond like in the game and a picture of Raz or something in the middle. I already have a place in mind where I'm gonna have the shirts made, I want them to look as close to an authentic shirt as possible.
 KingCheez
08-14-2006, 11:04 PM
 Darth_Ave
08-14-2006, 11:09 PM
That is the most vernon fandom I've ever seen. How much of it do you own Cheez?
 KingCheez
08-14-2006, 11:11 PM
That is the most vernon fandom I've ever seen. How much of it do you own Cheez?

pillow, sweatshirt, mug
 Darth_Ave
08-14-2006, 11:19 PM
Cafepress has some odd crap.
 ArtOfLosingMFZB
08-15-2006, 1:56 AM
CafePress...I just checked this place out and I am very intrigued. What is it exactly? Could I just submit Psychonauts designs that I want made into apparel and they will sell them or something? I'm not quite sure I fully understand this...
 Poopdogjr
08-15-2006, 1:59 PM
I still want one of those camp whispering rock T-Shirts from Psychonauts.com. Maybe for my birthday.
 Thrik
08-15-2006, 2:25 PM
Pretty much, ArtOfLosingMFZB. They manage to not lose money because they make you charge a minimum for each item and then they take that minimum. You can add extra on to make some money yourself if you wish, although obviously this makes it slightly more unlikely that people'll buy them if you get carried away.

They make them to order, so unless somebody buys them they're never made. It's a pretty good system if you're after some unique stuff and have a knack for design.
 ArtOfLosingMFZB
08-15-2006, 6:23 PM
do you think it would fall under copyright infringement if I made Psychonauts designs and submitted them? or Calvin & Hobbes? (those were another series of shirts I wanted to make.)
 Thrik
08-15-2006, 7:27 PM
Yes.

Whether or not anything's done about it is a different matter though. :~
 Darth_Ave
08-15-2006, 8:00 PM
Well, Did Cheez get sued for his Vernon Shirts?
 Poopdogjr
08-18-2006, 12:04 AM
[Homer Simpson] I don't know. [Homer Simpson]
 KingCheez
08-19-2006, 2:51 PM
Well, Did Cheez get sued for his Vernon Shirts?

I sure as hell didn't get any money from them (even if people did buy them, I didn't get squat) but CafePress probably ripped them all off.
 Samnmax221
08-19-2006, 7:44 PM
do you think it would fall under copyright infringement if I made Psychonauts designs and submitted them? or Calvin & Hobbes? (those were another series of shirts I wanted to make.)
Thats mostly due to Bill Waterson being a prick.
 Paranoidish
08-19-2006, 8:04 PM
I am very interested by the whole Vernon apparel line. If I really wanted to, I would get that golf shirt and wear it around. Just plain awesome.

So, KingCheez, would you know if anyone did buy your shirts? And how much did it cost for you to make them?
 KingCheez
08-20-2006, 8:09 PM
I wouldn't know if anyone did, it's free to set up a cafepress shop and stuff though.
 klaythan
08-25-2006, 1:10 AM
this is a heaps cool idea.
does anyone have a list of all the sayings of the G-men? I could compile one myself, but it would be heaps easier if there was a list somewhere thats already been typed up.
 pyrohappygirl
08-25-2006, 2:33 AM
There's one on another thread somewhere. Look around and you should find it.
Page: 1 of 1