Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help changing PC creation feats...

Page: 1 of 1
 Karstedt
08-10-2006, 7:04 PM
I'm trying to get rid of most of the starting feats at character creation, and replace them with feat points so I can choose my own. First I went with removing granted feats from feats.2da, then changing the featgain.2da to give an appropriate number of feats at level 1.Then I created new classes for the NPCs to point to so they wouldn't get all the bonus feats when they become Jedi... only to run into the problem with not being able to create classes that can use force powers.

I can just remove the modified featgain.2da after making my PC... but that's irritating. Sooo.. barring someone figuring out how to make new Force wielding classes, any ideas on how to accomplish this?
 Kainzorus Prime
08-10-2006, 7:16 PM
Theres no way of making new classes for sure. That is hardcoded into game's engine.
 Jackel
08-11-2006, 2:28 PM
We are able to make as many new classes as we like. Unfortunately none of them can be force users.
 shamelessposer
08-11-2006, 2:33 PM
Theres no way of making new classes for sure. That is hardcoded into game's engine.

This isn't true. You can make new classes, but you can't make new classes that learn Force powers.

And the solution I came up with to the original poster's problem is to leave the Jedi featgain tables the same. If you do that, it only has an effect on the characters who ever actually "level up" and end up as a level one member of that class (in other words, only the player character or anyone else who multiclasses through scripts). The original NPCs will never notice the difference.
 Karstedt
08-11-2006, 4:18 PM
Thnks for responding, but I think you must be referring to K1. The original NPC's in K2 multiclass to Jedi and end up using the same featgain table as the PC. It looks like I didn't specify that I was talking about K2 in my original post though :0

Guess I was hoping someone came up with a way to give feat points through scripting or something.
 shamelessposer
08-11-2006, 6:12 PM
Guess I was hoping someone came up with a way to give feat points through scripting or something.

Feats? Yes. Feat points? No.

Sorry.
Page: 1 of 1