Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help Please

Page: 1 of 1
 Slkwind
08-01-2006, 12:48 PM
I am trying to make my first mod, and I have a problem. I followed Darkkender tutorial on new appearance. I wanted to use PFHC03. However when I start up game to take a picture I have no head. What did I do wrong? Can some one tell me?
 Princess Artemis
08-01-2006, 1:57 PM
Can you type up the changes you made to appearances.2da and heads.2da? It sounds like one or the other didn't get the right numbers in normalhead, backuphead, or appearance, apperance_s, and appearance_l.

It's also possible the texture and model names aren't matching up.

Say exactly what you did, and I'm sure someone can help.
 Slkwind
08-01-2006, 4:38 PM
I will try again and copy everything I do so that if it does not work I can reply back and give all info.
 Slkwind
08-01-2006, 10:17 PM
I found the problem that I was having there is no po_pfhc03 file. Thanks anyway. I guess that it is a file that was not used. Again thanks for the help
 Princess Artemis
08-02-2006, 12:09 AM
There is a po_pfhc3, though. That's the portrait for PFCH03. I'm assuming you're using model pfch03 as the base model and this is for K1.

If that's correct, then you might have not renamed the head model (.mdl and .mdx) to something like pfhc06, the texture to pfch06, and made sure that you made three new appearance.2da rows that use that head from a new heads.2da row. If it's for K1, it matters that there are three rows, because one is for the scoundrel, one for the soldier, and one for the scout, and that those three rows index numbers are put into heads.2da as appearance, appearance_l, and appearance_s, one for each. That tells the game to use the head model for the three new appearances. If you didn't do that step correctly, then you might end up with a headless model.

That's just a guess though, based on what you've said. The portrait shouldn't matter at this point, since the head isn't showing up.
 Slkwind
08-02-2006, 11:52 AM
This is for Kotor II. I worked on it and got the heads to come out however they were two different heads.
 Darkkender
08-02-2006, 3:00 PM
This is for Kotor II. I worked on it and got the heads to come out however they were two different heads.

double check your appearance.2da entries. You likely miss numbered one of them this is why you got two different heads. This can also happen if your portraits.2da has a misnumbering for the appearance columns. If your doing this mod for K2 the developer's had a few of the entries in portraits.2da that did not match the naming of the heads. I believe both po_pfhc03 and po_pmhc03 were both removed and replaced with 06. They had a few others that also messed with the entries. That is why I believe in the tut I mentioned to look for your appearance entry in portraits.2da and use the portraits.2da line that matches the one that your are modding.
 Slkwind
08-02-2006, 3:26 PM
I will try that. What I found is that there is not a entry for po_pfhc03 in the portraits.2da. It has po_pfhc01,02,05,06,07 for the heads and appearance.2da they are there.
Page: 1 of 1