Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[K1] Bastila: The Jedi Royal Guard (Vrs. 1.00.02) - Released

Page: 1 of 1
 The Source
07-31-2006, 6:41 PM
FROM THE README:

Bastila: The Jedi Royal Guard (Vrs. 1.00.02)
Developed By: MacLeodGR (MacLeodCorp), Jae Onasi, Darth333

I. Bastila: The Jedi Royal Guard: (Vrs. 1.00.02)
· Bastila: The Jedi Royal Guard is a quick and small content mod for ‘Knights of the Old Republic I’. Five years before the ‘Dark Apprentice’, the Jedi Royal Guard existed on Dantooine. Within this short-story, you will learn about the Jedi Royal Guard, and get a small look at their history. (If you played the Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium for ‘KotOR II’, this mod covers the origin of the robes that Bastila Shan wears.)

· Upon installing the ‘Bastila: The Jedi Royal Guard’ mod, you will gain five new Jedi robes for Bastila Shan. Each robe is a redesign of her standard clothing, and they reflect the robe design found in the ‘Dark Apprentice’ mod.
Only Bastila can wear these robes.

· Other additional features include: A new merchant on Dantooine, and the restoration of the Iriaz. If you are wondering about the Iriaz, they were cut from the original version of Dantooine. Now, you will be able to encounter them in the Sandral Grounds.

· In version 1.00.02 of the ‘Bastila: The Jedi Royal Guard’ mod, the robe textures were tweaked for aesthetic reasons, and a sixth robe was added to the series. See below for details.

(This mod takes place on Dantooine in the Sandral Grounds.)
(The story is based upon the frame work that was introduced in the Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium.)
(Please follow the installation instructions closely.)

II. ITEMS SECTION:
In this section, you will find a list of custom items and textures.
These items were created by various modders who have contributed to this mod.

Items (ROBES):
· (1 F) Jedi R.G. ‘War’ Robes:
Bast_ks.uti
ia_cloths_010.tga
P_BastilaBB10.tga
(Can only be worn by Bastila.)

These robes allow the Jedi to move more freely. Additionally, they improve defense, help in force regeneration, improve force resistance, and increase the amount of damage given.

· (1 F) Jedi R.G. ‘Masters’ Robes:
Bast_ls.uti
ia_cloths_011.tga
P_BastilaBB11.tga

These robes allow the Jedi to move more freely. Additionally, they improve defense, help in force regeneration, and increase wisdom.

· (1 F) Jedi R.G. ‘Renegade’ Robes:
Bast_ms.uti
ia_cloths_012.tga
P_BastilaBB12.tga

These robes allow the Jedi to move more freely. Additionally, they improve defense, help in force regeneration, and increase lightsaber proficiency.

· (1 F) Jedi R.G. ‘Knights’ Robes:
Bast_ns.uti
ia_cloths_013.tga
P_BastilaBB13.tga

These robes allow the Jedi to move more freely. Additionally, they improve defense, help in force regeneration, and increase awareness.

· (1 F) Jedi R.G. ‘Death’ Robes:
Bast_os.uti
ia_cloths_014.tga
P_BastilaBB14.tga

These robes allow the Jedi to move more freely. Additionally, they improve defense, help in force regeneration, reduce the amount of damage received, and increase the amount of damage given.

· (1 F) Jedi R.G. ‘Megiddo’ Robes: (NEW TO VARIATION)
Bast_ps.uti
ia_cloths_015.tga
P_BastilaBB15.tga

These robes allow the Jedi to move more freely. Additionally, they improve defense, help in force regeneration, improve force resistance, and increase the amount of damage given.
(Similar description as the Jedi R.G. ‘War’ Robes, but it has stronger stats all around.)

XIII. DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
· Since it is illegal to sell game modifications, I give exclusive rights to LucasFiles and LucasForums to release or delete, edit, or release this mod as they see fit. Obsidian Entertainment and Lucas Arts do not support this mod. If you wish to mirror this mod, you must contact me at LucasForums through a private message under MacLeodGR.

----------------------------------------------

Temporary LF download link: http://www.lucasfiles.com/?s=&action=file&id=1481)
 bolsen
07-31-2006, 9:15 PM
sounds great! i really loved Dark Apprentice so I really look forward to playing this.
 SithRevan
08-01-2006, 1:24 AM
This looks like an awesome mod, keep up the great work!

P.S.:You have my download, and I can't wait to try this!
 ChAiNz.2da
08-01-2006, 2:23 AM
Looks great Mac! I've just started Dantooine and progressed a little further than this mod calls for.. but I think this mod necessitates me reverting back a few saves :D

Can't wait to try this out.. I'll be keeping my eye out on LucasFiles (or the RSS Feeds over at SWK ;) )
 RC-1162
08-01-2006, 5:25 AM
awesome! i'm downloading this the second it comes out. :thumbsup:
 The Source
08-01-2006, 2:21 PM
When everyone gets the mod, please feel free to send in some feedback. I use everyone's feedback to fix bugs, upgrade the story, and to add new content. Remember, the Dark Apprentice was a mod that evolved from suggestions and support. Your feedback does count. :)
 woogiee
08-01-2006, 4:27 PM
Mod sounds great MacleodGR, cant wait to download and try it. Good luck on LucasFiles posting it though. I submitted my Bastila Robe Replacement mod a week before submiting it to KOTORFiles and it still isnt up :/
 MetalMark
08-03-2006, 6:18 AM
The dark padawan was a great mod so this mod I'm going to download to
 The Source
08-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Lol...
 Arбtoeldar
08-04-2006, 12:08 AM
A definite download when it becomes available.
 The Source
08-04-2006, 10:05 AM
SUMMARRY OF THE README:

Bastila: The Jedi Royal Guard (Vrs. 1.00.02)
Developed By: MacLeodGR (MacLeodCorp), Jae Onasi, Darth333

I. Bastila: The Jedi Royal Guard: (Vrs. 1.00.02)
· Bastila: The Jedi Royal Guard is a quick and small content mod for ‘Knights of the Old Republic I’. Five years before the ‘Dark Apprentice’, the Jedi Royal Guard existed on Dantooine. Within this short-story, you will learn about the Jedi Royal Guard, and get a small look at their history. (If you played the Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium for ‘KotOR II’, this mod covers the origin of the robes that Bastila Shan wears.)

· Upon installing the ‘Bastila: The Jedi Royal Guard’ mod, you will gain five new Jedi robes for Bastila Shan. Each robe is a redesign of her standard clothing, and they reflect the robe design found in the ‘Dark Apprentice’ mod.
Only Bastila can wear these robes.

· Other additional features include: A new merchant on Dantooine, and the restoration of the Iriaz. If you are wondering about the Iriaz, they were cut from the original version of Dantooine. Now, you will be able to encounter them in the Sandral Grounds.

· In version 1.00.02 of the ‘Bastila: The Jedi Royal Guard’ mod, the robe textures were tweaked for aesthetic reasons, and a sixth robe was added to the series. See below for details.

(This mod takes place on Dantooine in the Sandral Grounds.)
(The story is based upon the frame work that was introduced in the Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium.)
(Please follow the installation instructions closely.)

II. ITEMS SECTION:
In this section, you will find a list of custom items and textures.
These items were created by various modders who have contributed to this mod.

Items (ROBES):
· (1 F) Jedi R.G. ‘War’ Robes:
Bast_ks.uti
ia_cloths_010.tga
P_BastilaBB10.tga

· (1 F) Jedi R.G. ‘Masters’ Robes:
Bast_ls.uti
ia_cloths_011.tga
P_BastilaBB11.tga

These robes allow the Jedi to move more freely. Additionally, they improve defense, help in force regeneration, and increase wisdom.

· (1 F) Jedi R.G. ‘Renegade’ Robes:
Bast_ms.uti
ia_cloths_012.tga
P_BastilaBB12.tga

These robes allow the Jedi to move more freely. Additionally, they improve defense, help in force regeneration, and increase lightsaber proficiency.

· (1 F) Jedi R.G. ‘Knights’ Robes:
Bast_ns.uti
ia_cloths_013.tga
P_BastilaBB13.tga

These robes allow the Jedi to move more freely. Additionally, they improve defense, help in force regeneration, and increase awareness.

· (1 F) Jedi R.G. ‘Death’ Robes:
Bast_os.uti
ia_cloths_014.tga
P_BastilaBB14.tga

These robes allow the Jedi to move more freely. Additionally, they improve defense, help in force regeneration, reduce the amount of damage received, and increase the amount of damage given.

· (1 F) Jedi R.G. ‘Megiddo’ Robes: (NEW TO VARIATION)
Bast_ps.uti
ia_cloths_015.tga
P_BastilaBB15.tga

(Similar description as the Jedi R.G. ‘War’ Robes, but it has stronger stats all around.)

XIII. DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
· Since it is illegal to sell game modifications, I give exclusive rights to LucasFiles and LucasForums to release or delete, edit, or release this mod as they see fit. Obsidian Entertainment and Lucas Arts do not support this mod. If you wish to mirror this mod, you must contact me at LucasForums through a private message under MacLeodGR.

----------------------------------------------

I hope the design of the robes will be interesting. If you remember the robes that I have created for 'The Dark Apprentice', I altered Bastila's standard clothes in 'KotOR I' to look similar to the other set. I hope everyone will like the design. They are simple, but they do reflect to concept I was going for in 'DAP'.

I will be sending the files over to be uploaded in a few second, so hopefully someone over at LucasFiles.com will take notice. - MacLeodGR
 The Source
08-05-2006, 5:38 PM
If you are wondering where the downloads are, you haven't missed anything at all. For the past six days, I have been waiting on LucasFiles.com. I am not sure if they are too busy, so I will be uploading all other versions over at FileFront.com.

Next Tuesday afternoon, I will be uploading my files over there. I will also be looking for other locations, so the public can get the downloads when they are released. Or- I will be opening my own site, so I can control the editing and availability.

Either way, Next Tuesday is your best bet. :)
 lord ignarn
08-09-2006, 9:28 AM
Itґs wednesday and we all should be cursing the guy at lucasfiles by their lack of time? respect? lack of people to run the page? or what???

Never mind, weґll keep waiting for you mod, MacLeodGR.

PS: Mace MacLeod is a relative or what? :xp:
 Darth333
08-09-2006, 10:50 AM
I have just edited the first post and added a temporary LF download link. The LucasFiles delay problems should get fixed pretty soon.
 RC-1162
08-09-2006, 12:19 PM
thanks, D333, you rock! :)
cant wait to try this out.
 Arбtoeldar
08-09-2006, 6:33 PM
I have just edited the first post and added a temporary LF download link. The LucasFiles delay problems should get fixed pretty soon.
Much :heart: Darth333.

Would you or some other mod edit the title to version 1.02.
 The Source
08-09-2006, 6:39 PM
I changed the tittle on my mod thread, so it will reflect the current release number. Unfortunately, the forums doesn't advertise the change. I even changed the first post.

edit by d3: I used my special force powers and now the change appears :)
 Revnant
08-09-2006, 7:36 PM
Looks awsome i'll be sure to try it and give feedback when I finish DAP.
 MetalMark
08-10-2006, 7:35 AM
I downloaded it and it kinda sucks (compared to DAP) figthing the iriaz was cool the armors for Bastilia are cool 2 but the rest is way to short maybe adding some more to it like some of those royal gaurds on other planets with planetary differences or making your own character part of the royal gaurd and give some extra side quests
 Rain128
08-10-2006, 10:34 AM
i know from DAP that it was based partly on the making mission a Jedi mod, so i was wondering if you needed that mod for this one to work, or make sence??

put the question in spoiler form for anyone who didnt play DAP....
 The Source
08-10-2006, 11:30 AM
I downloaded it and it kinda sucks (compared to DAP) figthing the iriaz was cool the armors for Bastilia are cool 2 but the rest is way to short maybe adding some more to it like some of those royal gaurds on other planets with planetary differences or making your own character part of the royal gaurd and give some extra side quests
I am taking several months off from modding. I thought people would at least like the extra robes, which they could utilize throughout the game.

I am heading on vacation. I will be back in December.
 mimartin
08-10-2006, 12:19 PM
I’ve downloaded this yesterday (thanks to D333), but it conflicted with some of the existing mods in my override. First I was running around with no head and then I started the game over and got stuck in the Ebon Hawk when I should have been viewing a cut scene. Neither of these where caused by problems with your mod just my inability to manage the mods correctly. I reinstalled the mods including your mod into my override and am now back on Taris. I will give you proper feedback once I reach Dantooine, but from your description and the screen shots it looks great.

You are allowed to create small and short mods. It is your creation and you can do anything you want. These are the modder’s mods and we should just be grateful to all the modders for allowing us access to their wonderful creations. I just wished I had the ability and the patience to do what you all do. Thank you, MacleodGR and thanks to all that helped you created this and your DAP mod. You (all the modders) are the reason I can continue to play TSL and KOTOR.

Well I finally made it to Dantoonie and this mod is every thing MacLeodGR advertised in the read me. It gives you robes similar to those worn by Bastila in MacLeodGR mod the ‘Dark Apprentice’. I remember many asking for these robes in the “Dark Apprentice’ thread well here they are. They look great and are well design. I loved the back story and the added Iriaz. The mod is short, but achieves what it was designed to do as it gives the robes designed for Bastila in game so you do not have to use a cheat or Save Game Editor It also gives you antoher place to buy a few other things and a couple of crystals eariler in the game. Great work MacLeodGR and thanks again for sharing.
 Darth InSidious
09-16-2006, 4:40 PM
Nice work, Mac, as always :)
 The Source
09-16-2006, 5:07 PM
 JediRevan
09-28-2006, 9:16 PM
I downloaded this mod. I tried to play it but everytime I changed Carth's clothing he became a female wearing the robes. I am also using Kha's Carth clothing mod. Can you tell me how to correct this problem?
 The Source
10-05-2006, 5:36 PM
I downloaded this mod. I tried to play it but everytime I changed Carth's clothing he became a female wearing the robes. I am also using Kha's Carth clothing mod. Can you tell me how to correct this problem?
??? What ???
I am very sorry, but I have never heard of this. Does the Carth mod have an Appearance.2da file?
 JediRevan
10-11-2006, 8:49 AM
All three of Kha's mods that I use have appearance. 2da as well as baseitem.2da files.
 The Source
10-11-2006, 4:05 PM
All three of Kha's mods that I use have appearance. 2da as well as baseitem.2da files.
I see the problems. Hmm. Eventhough you may have to edit them, the .utcs may be pointing to a specific record in the Appearance.2da. Since I haven't looked at the files for three motnhs or more, I cannot really tell you the specifics.
 JediRevan
10-15-2006, 8:57 PM
I have edited the 2da files and it still makes Carth look like a woman if I change his clothing. Kha's mods use the TSL patcher.
 JediRevan
10-21-2006, 11:24 AM
The file I downloaded doesn't have any .uti or .utc files. It has an appearance.2da and pics of the robes only.
 The Source
10-26-2006, 8:03 AM
The file I downloaded doesn't have any .uti or .utc files. It has an appearance.2da and pics of the robes only.
Did you get the module files?
 JediRevan
10-27-2006, 9:40 AM
the dan14ad.mod is in it.
 The Source
12-20-2006, 3:28 PM
If you were wondering, I have a legit reason why I have not updated this mod. I am so upset about what happened, and it is bothering me like hell. After I released the mod to LucasFiles.com, I accidently deleted the source files from my drive. I may have them still stored somewhere, but I just cannot find the files. When I gain access to the downloads at LucasFiles.com again, I will grabs another version. Maybe I can stitch together another update.

The only files that I can find easly are the Bastila robes. They will finally make an appearance in DAP, so their is no frett there.

I truely wanted to upgrade this mod, for I saw extensive possibilities on Dantooine. Grrr...

Sorry peoples. :(
 JediAthos
12-21-2006, 9:55 AM
You've got nothing to apologize for Mac, and I haven't even played the mod yet :) As someone else said above you and all the other modders are fantastic and I hope you all continue to do what you do for as long as you can even though I realize that even now the two KOTOR games are becoming a bit played out. I look forward to playing this mod and I thank you again.
 The Source
12-28-2006, 4:01 PM
'Bastila: The Jedi Royal Guard'
When I was resetting my 'production' computer today, I stumbled upon an unlabled cd. After close examination, I found all the source and texture files for this mod. I don't know how I missed them, but I must have burned them to cd before I erased my harddrive.

I think I will have a little time at the beginning of the new year. After I am finished with the Dark Apprentice upgrade, I will make slight important changes to this mod. I will convert 'Bastila: The Jedi Royal Guard' over to the TSL Patcher.

----------------------

Within the tradition of 'The Dark Apprentice', 'Bastila: The Jedi Royal Guard' will be renamed to honor its sister mod. The next version will be called:

'The Dark Padawan: The Jedi Royal Guard'
Within this upgrade version, I will be stitching some small gaps. I will also be converting the mod over to the TSL Patcher.

If anyone has some 'small' suggestions, please feel free to post your feedback.

"This will officially be my last mod upgrade and build for the KotOR series."
MacCorp.
 mimartin
12-28-2006, 4:22 PM
"This will officially be my last mod upgrade and build for the KotOR series."MacCorp.

Say it ain't so Joe, I mean Mac. I believe I read that somewhere before, so I hope you change your mind. But if you don't I just want you to know I've really enjoyed your mods and hope you return to the series if KOTOR III is ever made.
 The Source
12-28-2006, 4:33 PM
Dec 30th, 2006 @ 10:35pm
I will be releasing the upgrade on Sunday. The upgrade is quick and simple, for it is a change in how the mod is implimented. Nothing too big there. Just an upgrade for quick and compatible installation.

Thank you,
MacLeodCorp

Say it ain't so Joe, I mean Mac. I believe I read that somewhere before, so I hope you change your mind. But if you don't I just want you to know I've really enjoyed your mods and hope you return to the series if KOTOR III is ever made.
Even though I have said this in the past, I truely mean it this time around. I am in my final college year. Since my senior project starts in January, before classes oficially begin, I will need to spend my days and nights on its production. What drove me back to modding both 'The Dark Apprentice' and 'The Dark Padawan' was the patcher. I didn't have any plans on continuing modding.

The revision to 'The Dark Padawan' does not include dialogue revisions. I am just tweaking things here or there and making it easier to install. If KotOR III comes out this summer, I will probally not be involved in modding. I graduate December 2007, and I have a mess of homework to get done. I took upon more classes, for the end of college is close. When the Spring 07 semester starts, I will have six courses on my plate.

Since I have some time now, I am making them more compatible and easier to install.
 Drizzt312
02-09-2008, 11:44 PM
I am lost and confused. I found the new merchant,and have the robes and i have everything installed correctly but i can't find anything else like the other npcs or anything. I looked all over the sandral estate and can't find anything other than the iraiz (i think that is how you spell it) but yeah can someone help me out here?

Great mod by the way!
 Kame_yo
02-10-2008, 4:35 PM
did you find a "remains" pack laying to the north of the estate? thats left from a fallen jedi

bastilas friend should be standing on the bridge (if your looking at the merchant the bridge is right behind you)
 Drizzt312
03-07-2008, 1:13 PM
Well I did go to the sandral grounds but i can't find the remains or the person on the bridge but the merchant and the iriaz are there so yeah i dunno whats going on.
And I haven't noticed any conflicts with other mods

MOds i have installed
restored vulkar and shadowlands.
creskin
a mod that changes the I want to be a jedi ___! to jedi____.
bastila darkside head
enhanced merchants
force power gain
mod that changes bastilas mothers clothes to commoner clothes
increased stats
jedi royal guard of course
movie style hilts
quigon double blade hilts
90sk robe mod
load screen revamped
pfhc01 female head reskin
pmhc04 facial hair reskin
prequel sabers
project bastila
revan cutscence powers
revan items by chainz
revan mask mod
Ebon Hawke Construction Bench
Mission into Jedi
Mission into jedi booster pack
rodian elder merchant
star forge work bench
dark jedi on endar spire
stream music mod
Tweak mod (the one that gets rid of the sparkles and stuff on some of the animations)
and I have WOTOR
 Nynaeve_Onasi
03-08-2008, 9:15 AM
I love the mod, but have one question. When I play Bastila's friend has a guy's head and the other jedi in the area has no head. I'm not that good at changing 2da's but if someone can help me out I'd appreciate it.
Page: 1 of 1