Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question about kotor tool

Page: 1 of 1
 Scorch62
07-28-2006, 9:43 PM
I would just like to know how to extract models from kotor (xbox version) with kotor tool. Ive ftp'd 3 bif files to my comp where do i go from there. I have models.bif, models2.bif and items.bif are these the right files
 Darkkender
07-29-2006, 2:01 AM
Okay while I don't have experience in the format of the xbox file structure with the BIF files. However the BIF file format is linked to the chitin.key file. You pretty much need to copy the entire file structure using the xbox instructions for doing so. because if there are BIF files missing or the chitin.key missing Kotor Tool or any other bif extracting utility will not be able to properly extract the files.
 Mr_Bojangles
07-29-2006, 11:29 PM
yes thankyou but do you know how to extract the models or which file to ftp over to the comp. We couldnt even find how to extract models with kotor tool. how would you do it with a computer version?
 Darkkender
07-30-2006, 8:02 PM
you would use Kotor Tools installer which automatically detects your installations on the first run. If it doesn't detect the installation then you manually tell it where Kotor 1 or 2 or both are installed.
 Fiestainabox
07-30-2006, 8:09 PM
Basically FTP the whole game to your computer, set Kotor Tools Path to its folder. erase "xbox" in the titles of the folders. I heard though, that moded models don't work in the xbox version of the game, so good luck.
Page: 1 of 1