Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[WIP] Agent Xim's Projects

Page: 1 of 1
 Agent Xim
07-26-2006, 6:31 AM
Greetings! I've been messing around with KOTOR 1 for about a month since I snagged a copy from my local, neighbourhood PC game store (in the bargain bin HA!). This is undoubtably one of the most rewarding games I have ever played... of course... there ARE some changes I would make...

With close to two thousand (!) files in my override folder (including the Holowan Plug-in 2), I've been having a blast modding KOTOR... well... aggressively :D

Now on to the goodies soon to be released (later this summer)!

Project 1 - Bothan SpyNet Gear - RELEASED
I've been working on Bothan espionage items for the last couple weeks (off and on - as time permits). Really just simple modifications to existing game items... for the most part easily done with Kotor Tool.

Bothan Prototype Energy Shield
Battle Gloves (melee combat bonuses)
Security Infiltrator (droid utility)
Cloaking Device (stealth)
Interface Visor (ranged combat bonuses)
Medical Implant (regenerator)
Phase Rifle (disruptor rifle)
Exoskeleton (armor)
Prototype Energy Shield (unlimited use energy shield)
Recovery Kit (unlimited use medpac)
Exoskeleton Accelerator (speed!)
Upgradeable Vibrosword

Download available from my site (http://agentxim.thewebzoo.com/index.html)

Project 2 - Korriban: Dreshdae Underground (overview (http://agentxim.thewebzoo.com/index.html) )
I wanted more from Korriban, so I'm currently building several new areas complete with a Sith Soldier Barracks and a handful of multi-planet side quests.

July 31/05 - area maps are complete (other than a few area transition titles) and the new area access from Dreshdae is complete (protocol droid spawns in Dreshdae when you first arrive on Korriban - talking to the droid gives access to Dreshdae Underground).

August 31/05 - Most NPC's planned are placed now. Still have around 40-50 items/placeables/characters to add. New Deathmatch arena (in-game like Taris) with side quests are also in progress (Challenge someone to a duel in Dreshdae and then fight 'em in the arena!)

One day, I might get my hands on a decent video card... then it's on to TSL mods!
 Jackel
07-26-2006, 6:58 AM
That "Korriban Underground" idea sounds good. And looking at the picture you linked us to its easy to see which modules you have used and how they fit together. Good going so far, I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
 EnderWiggin
07-26-2006, 7:02 AM
I dunno about you, but my post is 2 minutes after Jackel's post, and I can't view your image. It says that it can't find your server...

What's up...?

This sounds pretty good... Once you get it out it will sure to be a well-downloaded mod.

_EW_
 Ghost Down
07-26-2006, 7:24 AM
Hmm, works fine for me ..Anyway try this, i rehosted it at Imageshack.Korriban Underground (http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/743/korribanundergroundoverviewoq8.jpg)

- Ghost Down
 Agent Xim
07-26-2006, 8:06 AM
The pic's on a new subdomain... should finish propogating later today ;) (thanks Ghost for dropping it on imageshack for those who can't see the domain yet)
 Fiestainabox
07-26-2006, 8:12 AM
Awsome Job, I can't wait! The Korriban Underground idea is awsome, are you going to move some of the main charecters from where they are to the underground area?
 Agent Xim
07-26-2006, 8:42 AM
All new characters in this set ;) I'm even working on dialogs (with voiceovers - I can prolly do 3-4 somewhat believable ones myself lol).

Had problems linking up to Dreshdae, but I finally found an existing waypoint (talk about a knightmare trying to find just the right spot without changing anything in the "real" game modules).

I have plots already in mind, but I'll wait to place too much until all the maps are tied in. I'll see if I can put the maps together and release something for testers in the next day or two.

I'd love to get into (smaller) model editing with gmax, etc. too, so maybe I'll attempt a remodel for the Bothan items (which, incidentally will be included in whole or in part in the Underground).
 lord ignarn
07-27-2006, 10:23 AM
looks so great Xim, I hope you can do the mod and donґt die in the process ;) By the way, wllcome to the forums. Hope we see you a lot by here.
 Agent Xim
07-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the welcome :)
The module will be in development, I'm sure, for quite a while, but it'll be a fun ride on the way to version 1.0 ;)

The Underground will hopefully be a relatively balanced scenario (mid-levels)... I've found the majority of the modules available are a tad overkill lol.

I'm thinking about doing a Bothan SpyNet series of side quests too which integrates with KOTOR similar to the Genoharadan quests... perhaps light side Republic espionage of some sort. Could be interesting...
 RedHawke
07-27-2006, 10:52 PM
I've found the majority of the modules available are a tad overkill lol.
Perhaps one needs to read a mod release thread to see any reasons why this is so in a particular mod first before passing judgement. :roleyess: There was a reason for the "overkill". ;)
 Agent Xim
07-28-2006, 6:12 AM
No judgement there RH, simply an observation... a personal opinion... despite the mod release threads. (I really enjoyed ORD Mandell btw... it brought no end of frustration to my g/f who dislikes challenge in battles, but I had a blast!)

Fair enough Xim... but I do grow tired of people posting this as something negative, especially after all the whining about "how easy" the normal game is. Just an FYI. -RH

Thanks RH - I understand your reasoning ;)
Page: 1 of 1