Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SP Mods/Skins

Page: 1 of 1
 Negative Sun
07-25-2006, 6:58 AM
I'm looking for good SP mods/skins that will enhance the gameplay (without changing the script or anything) or mods that give me more choices in like outfits and sabers...

I tried Jedi Knight Files, but I can't tell which files are worth it or not, can anyone help me?
 MeleeMaster
07-25-2006, 2:43 PM
Here's a few sites that should give you some cool mods,
www.jk3files.com)
www.lucasfiles.com)
www.pcgamemods.com) (PC Game Mods is down right now)
www.jedimoves.com)

Those are the main sites for JK2 and JK3/JKA. Just so you know the SP SDK hasn't been realeased so don't expect to see any code changing mods for SP (you wouldn't believe what can be done to SP even without the SDK). Even so a good 60-70 % of SP is still editable.

Heres a few of the things that can be changed in SP:The speed of attacks and weapons, the range of weapons, ammo and item related things can be edited and added (if you wanted you could give yourself 10,000 ammo or something like that), NPCs can be edited;added;deleted etc., you can make new hilts and sabers, you can make new vehicles, you can edit and change every sound;effect;visual effect;graphic effect there is and you can edit the way saber blades look and even the graphics if you know how to mess with shaders, you can edit the music of all the levels, you can edit the storyline and add and create new levels and cutscenes and script events and happenings, you can edit;add and change the models and skins in the SP Player selection screen, you can make new animations to replace old ones and edit almost anything animation related, you can edit saber attributes, you can edit textures and models and add new ones, you can edit every single aspect of the menu system, and more.

Thats not everything but most of the things you can do to SP. You can also edit things like saber damage, the knockback force of certain force powers and weapons, give yourself the ability to do taunts, give yourself unlimited force, and do loads of other crap via console commands and config editing. Sorry for the huge unorganized paragraph though.
 MeleeMaster
07-25-2006, 2:46 PM
www.jk3files.com)
www.lucasfiles.com)
www.jedimoves.com)

Those are the main sites for JK2 and JK3/JKA. Just so you know the SP SDK hasn't been realeased so don't expect to see any code changing mods for SP (you wouldn't believe what can be done to SP even without the SDK). Even so a good 60-70 % of SP is still editable.

Heres a few of the things that can be changed in SP:The speed of attacks and weapons, the range of weapons, ammo and item related things can be edited and added (if you wanted you could give yourself 10,000 ammo or something like that), NPCs can be edited;added;deleted etc., you can make new hilts and sabers, you can make new vehicles, you can edit and change every sound;effect;visual effect;graphic effect there is and you can edit the way saber blades look and even the graphics if you know how to mess with shaders, you can edit the music of all the levels, you can edit the storyline and add and create new levels and cutscenes and script events and happenings, you can edit;add and change the models and skins in the SP Player selection screen, you can make new animations to replace old ones and edit almost anything animation related, you can edit saber attributes, you can edit textures and models and add new ones, you can edit every single aspect of the menu system, and more.

Thats not everything but most of the things you can do to SP. You can also edit things like saber damage, the knockback force of certain force powers and weapons, give yourself the ability to do taunts, give yourself unlimited force, and do loads of other crap via console commands and config editing. Like for example, I binded a key via config editing to do the normal taunts for each saber and I replaced the dual taunting animation with aloras dual saber throw animation and now I can throw both of my sabers at the same time if I have duals. I even replaced the staff taunt with the dual saber throw animation so I can throw my double-bladed saber.
 MeleeMaster
07-25-2006, 2:46 PM
www.jk3files.com)
www.lucasfiles.com)
www.jedimoves.com)

Thats not everything but most of the things you can do to SP. You can also edit things like saber damage, the knockback force of certain force powers and weapons, give yourself the ability to do taunts, give yourself unlimited force, and do loads of other crap via console commands and config editing. Like for example, I binded a key via config editing to do the normal taunts for each saber and I replaced the dual taunting animation with aloras dual saber throw animation and now I can throw both of my sabers at the same time if I have duals. I even replaced the staff taunt with the dual saber throw animation so I can throw my double-bladed saber.
 MeleeMaster
07-25-2006, 2:47 PM
www.jk3files.com)
www.lucasfiles.com)
www.jedimoves.com)

Negative Sun
07-26-2006, 6:18 PM
Thanks dude...

lol if you CAN edit all of that, then what CAN'T you edit?
 Davinq
07-26-2006, 8:01 PM
um, quadruple posting?
 Zhaboka
07-26-2006, 8:16 PM
Believe me, none of us know what that's about either. Maybe he has short term memory or something....
 MeleeMaster
07-27-2006, 8:35 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize I posted 4 times, Internet Explorer was acting screwy on me that day. I kept pressing the post button because it didnt seem to register and jump to the topic page but I guess every time I pressed the button a new post appeared.

And incase your wondering heres some of the things that are uneditable because we don't have the SP SDK: Force power strength and behavior, gun and melee damage and behavior, you can't add new animations without replacing old ones, you can't edit the AI system or add new AI entrys and values, you can't change the hardcoded AI for special enemies like Kyle and his melee combos, the evil healer twins, and tavion's scepter attacks, you can't edit the core things and concepts of the game, you can't do a lot of things if you think about it, while technically you can do a lot of things. There's a lot more that can't be edited without the code. And there's a few other things that can be edited without the SDK that I can't remember right now. Just look through the game's SP files and you'll see some of what you can do.
 Edge1982
08-06-2006, 10:03 PM
anyone know any direct link to all the starwars Sp heroes? like obiwan episode 3 skin that work as npc in sp to fight against, and so on? I only got a few and cant see i find maul which i did a couple years ago and perhaps darth sithius
 Forceboat
08-10-2006, 1:57 AM
Depends on which models you want, Edge. JK3Files has all the ones you would need, and Jedi Outcast models DO work in Jedi Academy. Here's a couple of links for ya:

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/ObiWan_Kenobi;46752)
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/MaulVM;43366)
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Darth_SidiousEmperor_Palpatine;5718)
 Edge1982
08-10-2006, 7:07 AM
hmm i tryed the link to your sidious, but yet again, it only work for multi, not alot of files work for single players... tryed to spawn the npc darth_sidious, the playermodel, nothing work.
 Negative Sun
08-12-2006, 6:39 PM
My point exactly...It's hard to find good stuff for SP
 Edge1982
08-13-2006, 8:58 PM
the best i found so far was : ep1_forcesounds , it change the sound of jump, push, pull, and saber_melee_sounds that change the lightsaber clashing sound, pettry cool.

as for the npc in sp, the only one i have thats working are thoses : yodavm, maulvm, serra keto, vosa_komari, luminara, hs_rots_dooku, hs_rots_kenobi, grievous4 (the one with 4 saber and forcepower) and anakinvm(within you also have vader with sounds)
I remember a long time ago i had mace windu but i cant seem to find it anymore, he was a cool npc also...

oh yeh i forgot to add, the 2 coolest map to play on sp are ffa_episode1_2004 and episodeIIIsjc (mustafar) thoses 2 are amazing. Many multiplayer map can make exceptional fight with spawned npc at will.
 AJL
09-14-2006, 10:58 AM
(you wouldn't believe what can be done to SP even without the SDK). Even so a good 60-70 % of SP is still editable.

Unfortunately it seems that those 30-40% that can't be modified contains
many of the bad/terrible JA qualities which are in serious need of tweaking
I think...

Like for example the amount of damage different blasters do per shot, and
how fast those shots fly...
 MeleeMaster
09-26-2006, 7:06 AM
I know how most of you know that most models are for MP and you wonder why they can't be used in SP. The things is SP can't use just any old model, you need to make that MP model into an NPC, it's really easy actually.

Just get the NPC Tool, you basically select the model from a list of all the models that come with the game including the ones in your .pk3's. Just look in the tutorial it comes with. Making NPCs is soooo fun.
 Prime
09-26-2006, 3:36 PM
I know how most of you know that most models are for MP and you wonder why they can't be used in SP. To my knowledge any model can be used for both...
 Upgrade
09-27-2006, 2:57 AM
Sp mods are the best since first

You can use it in SP

When in JA+ You can see your character in the Moves list

Customisation

So yeah Sp mods rock and I wish that someone would make a new one soon
 Buffy
09-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Page: 1 of 1