Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Loading problem, please help

Page: 1 of 1
 Redstevo
07-24-2006, 12:00 PM
My SWBFII will crash to the desktop as soon as the game starts up (it will crash during the first loading screen with the red bubbles/lights at the bottom). If i restart my pc, then try, the game will work until a new match is starting, and the level is loading, and it'll crash to the desktop again.

And yes, i have the v1.1 patch, although the problem persists with or without it

My drivers are all updated fine as far as i can tell, and my specs are:

AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core 4200+
ATI Radeon X800XL GFX Card
Integrated sound card (that works fine in the game)
 Amber
04-09-2007, 10:31 AM
UP! UP! UP!
Help us with this problem, please!
---------------
AMD Athlon 64 2800+
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
Integrated sound card
 tyrone333
04-11-2007, 3:37 AM
try safe mode it helps when your version cant load up
to go to it go to start all programs and find your bf2 folder then click it then go to safe mode
 Dark_Hunter
04-26-2007, 5:18 AM
yeah that's what I did when I had the problem. Now it worksin normal mode and the problem has gone :)
 gurglesprain
09-17-2007, 3:39 PM
hmm, I have same problem, but i tried the safe mode thing and it is still happening exactly the same.
 yonibibi
12-07-2007, 9:22 AM
I have the same problem too
the solution is to disconnect fromt the internet ,enter the game than load the game once,after the first time u have to minimaze the game and then connect your internet.
u have to do this every time u enter the game if u want to play with internet connection connected.
 TripHammer
12-11-2007, 6:42 PM
If you're running dual core, you may need to turn one of them off. Find the procedure for turning one off and other CTD issues in the SWBF2 TweakGuides (http://www.tweakguides.com/SWB2_1.html).

Good Luck!
 Sonorama
04-30-2008, 10:57 AM
I did the dual core thing, but now I have to disable mixer config if I want the game to work. So now I have no sound and it's really lame. Can anyone help?
 Sidias.R
08-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Sorry for the late... reponse. But I've just encountered this problem for the first time.
Whenever I startup the game, and load my profile, everythings alright. But when I select a planet, whether it's Instant action, Training, space battle or whatsoever, the game exits to my desktop.

I've tried all of the above, but it's still not fixed, unfortunately. I'm using Vista. I would love any help.
 It's MaTaX!!
12-15-2008, 7:08 PM
yeah that's what I did when I had the problem. Now it worksin normal mode and the problem has gone :)
ok wait I have win vista ultimate 32, how cna I run it in safe mode?
Page: 1 of 1