Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

question

Page: 1 of 2
 blo0o
08-03-2001, 1:27 AM
when is this game sposed to be released and is there a demo and what requirements do i need to play it??
 Kvan
08-03-2001, 1:31 AM
There are topics on this but I don't care if there are more :)
The Req. should be about the same as AoK. The release date is Thanksgiving, although it probably won't make that date.
BTW Welcome!
 Lord JayVizIon
08-03-2001, 1:35 AM
yes, welcome....

as far as i know, this game will probably require you to run a pentium 266mhz chip, no 3D card required, and around 400mb space (i'm guessing here). the game is supposed to arrive around thanksgiving, but to play it safely, should arrive by the end of this year........
 blo0o
08-03-2001, 1:36 AM
wooops. jus saw a buncha info on it that answered like all my questions

:yoda: vs. :vadar:

who would win?
 Kvan
08-03-2001, 1:38 AM
Originally posted by blo0o
wooops. jus saw a buncha info on it that answered like all my questions

who would win?
Yoda! But only if he wanted to fight.
 Paragon_Leon
08-03-2001, 5:12 AM
there's a list of system requirements at the official product-site, and even though the Thanksgiving date might slip, they'll work day and night to get it out there before Christmas, no doubt..

which leaves us with.... ooooooo....about four months max....
 Tie Guy
08-03-2001, 1:04 PM
Yep, probably around 2 but up to 4 months.

BTW, :vadar:
 Compa_Mighty
08-03-2001, 8:13 PM
Minimum Hard Disk Space about 200 MB
 Tie Guy
08-03-2001, 10:35 PM
What's wrong with that, its not very much at all.
 Boba Rhett
08-04-2001, 12:53 AM
He wasn't complaining about it. Just stating a fact.
 Tie Guy
08-04-2001, 10:48 AM
oh, ok. Sorry.
 Darth_Rommel
08-04-2001, 4:30 PM
:vadar: You better be!

:fett: Stop! He's no good to me dead
 Tie Guy
08-04-2001, 6:47 PM
Ha, you couldn't capture me if i was encased in carbonite!
 Darth_Rommel
08-05-2001, 2:49 PM
:vadar: You think so 'eh... Get him boys!

:atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat:

:tie: Ahhh!!!!!
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 2:57 PM
Leon! Rommel and Tie are spamming again ;)
 Darth_Rommel
08-05-2001, 3:00 PM
Backstabber! j/k :D
 darthfergie
08-05-2001, 3:04 PM
Allright after one and less than a half day I am in the top posters.:joy: :joy: :joy:
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 3:06 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
Allright after one and less than a half day I am in the top posters.:joy: :joy: :joy:
Yeah it took me that long to reach 100 posts. You must be a spammer :D WELCOME!
 darthfergie
08-05-2001, 3:08 PM
Thank you. I not exactly a spamer. Some of my posts are kind of short but most are at least 2 sentences...:D
 Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 3:09 PM
OK, people, is this going anywhere besides this ?
hey, you're not forcing me to use my position already, eh ?

anyway, the post is about system-requirements, not about who posts how much and what we feel about it..

Yeah, yeah... it's stern. Now can we post properly again ? ;)
 darthfergie
08-05-2001, 3:12 PM
WOW I hadn't noticed you were a Mod. till now thanks for mentioning it oh great one.:D
 Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 3:20 PM
You're welcome... i stick to my post though.. :D
 darthfergie
08-05-2001, 3:23 PM
I kind of figured that one out:D
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 3:24 PM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
You're welcome... i stick to my post though.. :D
Can you please keep it on topic Leon. Please stop posting such things :D
Really though, how well do you think GB will play over a 56K modem? Did AOK slow down a lot?
 darthfergie
08-05-2001, 3:29 PM
It will be a little slower, but not by much. The way this game is, the only way you will have a problem on slow down is when you get into the HUGE battles.;)
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 3:31 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
It will be a little slower, but not by much. The way this game is, the only way you will have a problem on slow down is when you get into the HUGE battles.;)
Which won't be a problem for me cause I die pretty quick :D
Does anyone know if you can play modem to modem? You never have any slow down when you play games that way.
 darthfergie
08-05-2001, 3:34 PM
Most likly although I havn't done that in quite some time. So I really wouldn't know. Paragon_Leon how about it. What do you think?
 Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 4:24 PM
Looks like you guys better get cable really quick. I don't know about in the Netherlands, but it is pretty cheap over here, and it is the same price if you have a second phone line. And believe me, it is worth every single penny, or whatever currency you have. Not only is it really fast, but it is liek a second phone line, and you never have to dial in. It rocks, so get it, you won't regret it.
 darthfergie
08-05-2001, 4:28 PM
Yes I know I have one. I would have had DSL, but oh well that is a LONG story. Cable modem is awsome!:D :D :D
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 4:29 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Looks like you guys better get cable really quick. I don't know about in the Netherlands, but it is pretty cheap over here, and it is the same price if you have a second phone line. And believe me, it is worth every single penny, or whatever currency you have. Not only is it really fast, but it is liek a second phone line, and you never have to dial in. It rocks, so get it, you won't regret it.
Yeah, yeah :) I know all the benefits of a cable modem.
What I don't like is your stuck with the same ip....which i don't like....but thats another topic :D
BTW How much does your cost TIE? Where are you (general area)?
 Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 4:35 PM
Cable is coming here in the Netherlands... it's already in several cities, just not the one i live in. We get it in two months time.
(just in time for the game!!)

I haven't played online yet, fergie, so i really wouldn't know how fast 56k is. But since it is supposed to be no trouble, i imagine you'd run pretty smooth.
 darthfergie
08-05-2001, 4:38 PM
Have you not played AoK online though?
 blo0o
08-05-2001, 4:43 PM
wow.
i only posted on here 2wice and its my post...

well thanks for all the info! i am now god.

who would win?
 Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 6:02 PM
Originally posted by Kvan

Yeah, yeah :) I know all the benefits of a cable modem.
What I don't like is your stuck with the same ip....which i don't like....but thats another topic :D
BTW How much does your cost TIE? Where are you (general area)?

I live in Charlotte, NC, and i have a service called Road Runner. It cost me...er..my dad 39.95 per month. Which i think is a great value.
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 6:20 PM

I live in Charlotte, NC, and i have a service called Road Runner. It cost me...er..my dad 39.95 per month. Which i think is a great value.
NC...hehe....
Your dad pays for it?! Oh, well no wonder you say it's so good. You don't have to pay for it! Go get a job....slacker ;)
 darthfergie
08-05-2001, 6:24 PM
That is about what it is all over the U.S. right now.
 Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 6:24 PM
ok people,
the question of the thread was about system reqs and two pages ago i asked if it could be a bit more on-topic. about 3 posts on those two pages were (!).
I'm moving this to off-topic, sorry..
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 6:25 PM
Hey I asked about how the game would play on a modem, thats part of the system req.!
 Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 6:32 PM
Originally posted by Kvan

NC...hehe....
Your dad pays for it?! Oh, well no wonder you say it's so good. You don't have to pay for it! Go get a job....slacker ;)

Yep, that's me. I'd never pay for my own internet, as my 3 sibiling use it too, although not as often as me. Trust me though, it is like 30 times better, i had an old 19.2 modem, then a 56k, but i'll never go below 218k now.
 Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 6:42 PM
Kvan, then yours must have been one of the on-topic posts. :D
Seriously, just look at the first question and then read the thread. then you'll see what i base these kinds of decisions on.
A lot of people who only visit these forums once a week are a bit put off by going through so many pages of posts and reading only 20% of it as relevant stuff..
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 6:47 PM
Kvan, then yours must have been one of the on-topic posts. :D
Seriously, just look at the first question and then read the thread. then you'll see what i base these kinds of decisions on.
A lot of people who only visit these forums once a week are a bit put off by going through so many pages of posts and reading only 20% of it as relevant stuff..
Yes but in every thread there is "side talk". My question about Modem play is on the last page! It was still going on topic, it just had a bit of small talk, which would have past. I don't agree that you moved it to off-topic! :mad:
 Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 6:50 PM
i asked about that small talk two pages before. that's what i meant. sure it's ok to have small talk, but better to do that in off-topic if it's overbearing in the post. and the post talks about requirements anyway, not the game itself...
relax, there's no real difference in posting in galactic discussion or off-topic.

unless you're easily set 'off' of course. hehe :D
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 6:55 PM
i asked about that small talk two pages before. that's what i meant. sure it's ok to have small talk, but better to do that in off-topic if it's overbearing in the post. and the post talks about requirements anyway, not the game itself...
relax, there's no real difference in posting in galactic discussion or off-topic.

unless you're easily set 'off' of course. hehe :D
Requirements are part of the game. But I guess there was a lot of small talk. I've just been seeing you move a lot of topic lately (I don't want you going power crazy), but maybe thats because the original mods never did (sorry I just had to take a shot at them :D )
 Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 6:57 PM
...and you missed. :D :D
I moved two topics so far i think. So it's not that bad.. maybe you'd want to start some new ones...
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 6:59 PM
...and you missed. :D :D
I moved two topics so far i think. So it's not that bad.. maybe you'd want to start some new ones...
...but whats the point, you'd just end up moving them somewhere else.
 Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 7:02 PM
not if they're on-topic :D :D
lighten up, Kvan.. make my day..

What did you say you have again ? 56K or cable ? ;)
 Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 8:39 PM
But what can you really expect form a thread named "qeustion"? After the question is answer, a couple times by a couple people in different words, the topic is bound to move off topic.

Plus, there is no reason to get upset about a topic being moved. I don't see any of this as spam, as we are having a legitimate dissucssion, but you gotta admit, we are off-topic.
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 8:43 PM
But what can you really expect form a thread named "qeustion"? After the question is answer, a couple times by a couple people in different words, the topic is bound to move off topic.

Plus, there is no reason to get upset about a topic being moved. I don't see any of this as spam, as we are having a legitimate dissucssion, but you gotta admit, we are off-topic.
First off I have never seen a topic called "qeustion" :D
Second I'm not upset, I'm just telling my opinion.
 Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 9:07 PM
Hmm, that's not where i thought this post would go. But it is still applicable.

Anyways, you should have heard of the topic "question" because it is this topic.
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 9:13 PM
Hmm, that's not where i thought this post would go. But it is still applicable.

Anyways, you should have heard of the topic "question" because it is this topic.
Oh, yeah I know this topic is called question, before you were talking about a topic called "qeustion", I never heard of that one before ;)
Page: 1 of 2