Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Michael Moore against the Fellowship

Page: 1 of 1
 Dagobahn Eagle
07-21-2006, 4:35 PM
The Ring war, a war for oil?
Aragorn and Gandalf, traitors?
Michael Moore takes a shot at the most corrput king ever to have ruled Middle Earth.

Fellowship 9/11 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7858526524837036167&q=fahrenheit+9%2F11)

I found it quite good. I liked the customes, and some of the lines were really good.

Michael Moore: "Why didn't you read the Patriot Scroll?"
Congressman (?): "Sit down, boy"
Michael Moore: "I am sitti-"
Congressman (?): "No one in Middle Earth can actually read!!"

Michael Moore: "Your son died at the battle of Helm's Deep. How do you feel?"
Lipscomb: "Devastated. But I think it was for a good caus-"
Michael Moore: "Cut!"

Whether or not you like Michael Moore (which the movie-makers obviously did not:rolleyes:), it's really good. I recommend it.
 MrWally
07-21-2006, 5:00 PM
AMAZING.

haha "The Patriot Scroll" so people can kill orcs without a fair trial :lol:
 Dagobahn Eagle
07-21-2006, 5:00 PM
Michael Moore [Vader&Me]: "Is it true you're building a new Death Star in Mexico?!":rofl:

The guy looked like Moore, too. The only thing that bothered me was the voice, which didn't sound like Mike at all.

I can't stand Michael Moore
I don't like him either. Fahrenheit's the only thing by him I actually liked.
 abespam
07-21-2006, 8:09 PM
i quite liked Bowling for Columbine, its one of the few documentaries that actually had my attention the whole length of the fim.

Though all his films are so prejudiced you can barely call them documentaries.
 Darth Moeller
07-21-2006, 8:40 PM
:lol: that was really funny, nice find !
 Pie™
07-21-2006, 10:52 PM
That 'congressman' was supposed to be Grima Wormtongue. :p

It was well made and funny, gets a thumbs up from me. :)
 TiE23
07-22-2006, 2:37 AM
"You know how many people were unemployed when you destroyed Alderaan? Five billion!"

Thats good, but the guys were not only unemployed, they were dust. :D
 Alegis
07-22-2006, 4:42 AM
The morder inhabitants on the playground xD
"and whose only crime is they look different than us"

or the different ladies for the "your son died at helms deep"

Very nice spoof
 Dagobahn Eagle
07-22-2006, 9:11 AM
Those stormies should've had full armour rather than those business coats. But maybe that'd have been too costly?

I wonder if that was a real Wal-Mart employee getting jumped or not. The "well, hardware's in aisle 9"-reply seemed a bit too scripted, though.

Moore took a lot of well-deserved, in my opinion, flak for Bowling for Columbine and even more undeserved flak for Fahrenheit 9/11, which actually was largelly factual (I've yet to see anyone successfully prove more than that he lied about minor things). The persons who made the movie obviously belong to those who have fallen for the defensive smear campaign of the right-wingers, which makes me wonder if this indeed is a political movie attempting to discredit Moore.
 Black Knight of Keno
07-22-2006, 10:29 AM
"Why do you want to turn this turtle into a mutant ninja killing machine?"

Just pure gold... :D
 Dagobahn Eagle
07-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Michael Moore: "We noticed most of the soldiers are villagers, so would you like to sign up one of your sons to go fight the Orcs?"
Aragorn: "Actually, I'm going myself. I'm leading the charge."
Michael Moore: "..."
:rofl:

Michael Moore: "What's [Aragorn] thinking? How can I make my Elf-friends in Halliburton richer by giving them contracts to re-build Mordor?"
 narfblat
07-22-2006, 2:33 PM
Moore took a lot of well-deserved, in my opinion, flak for Bowling for Columbine and even more undeserved flak for Fahrenheit 9/11, which actually was largelly factual (I've yet to see anyone successfully prove more than that he lied about minor things). The persons who made the movie obviously belong to those who have fallen for the defensive smear campaign of the right-wingers, which makes me wonder if this indeed is a political movie attempting to discredit Moore.
I've yet to see anyone prove that the list of things wrong with farenheit 9/11 is incorrect. People believe what they want, right and left wing alike.

This was a hilarious parody, and should be taken lightly.
 Dagobahn Eagle
07-22-2006, 3:36 PM
I've yet to see anyone prove that the list of things wrong with farenheit 9/11 is incorrect.If you mean "59 deceits", then that's because you haven't searched deeply enough. It's been rebutted, stomped out, and thrown in the trash more times than Loose Change 2nd Edition.

One of the many rebuttals (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/7/18/173312/462).
Rebuttal 2 (http://www.opednews.com/wade_071004_deception.htm).

If you Google, you'll find more.

This was a hilarious parody, and should be taken lightly.Not entirely sure of that. It was amazing, but I believe it was political. It's a paralell of Fahrenheit 9/11, and then it goes on to have Moore say "now that I've twisted two halfs into lies", etc. I'm pretty sure it's not just a hilarious parody with great lines and costumes (I wonder where they filmed it, by the way. Some really nice scenery in there).
 narfblat
07-23-2006, 1:44 AM
I meant that it hasn't been proved conclusively by either side, and I still think that after reading the rebuttals. It's probably somewhere in the middle. After all, politics is mostly stretching truths and calling your opponent a liar.
 Lantzen
07-23-2006, 7:36 PM
lol, that was really funny
 Kain
07-23-2006, 8:14 PM
*tapping fingers on desk*Movies over and I'm still awaiting the funny part.
Page: 1 of 1