Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

stoffe's High Level Force Powers & Darth333's Floating Lightsaber Power

Page: 1 of 1
 Arбtoeldar
07-18-2006, 6:13 PM
I have been using stoffe's mod for awhile with no problems. I have recently added RH's Light-Dark Correction Armband. Since RH's spells.2da already had the threenh lines for Darth333's mod added them as well along with the rest of the mod.

When I try to level up there are two lines for the floating saber power. One is normal and the other line first has the stoffe Strike Force power and then the 2nd and 3rd level of the floating force power.

This level up I have two force power choices. If I pick stoffe's Strike Force Power then I can Pick the 2nd level of Floating Force Power on its' line. If I pick the 1st Level of Floating Force power I don't get the arrow that will allow me to pick the 2nd level of the power.

:confused:
 Jackel
07-18-2006, 6:39 PM
As Im not sure if Red's correction armband uses the TSL patcher*, but you should probably reinstall the two mods. Red's first then stoffe's so no lines get accidentally written over.

* ~waits for Red to come in and prove him completely and utter wrong*
 stoffe
07-18-2006, 6:42 PM
I have been using stoffe's mod for awhile with no problems. I have recently added RH's Light-Dark Correction Armband. Since RH's spells.2da already had the threenh lines for Darth333's mod added them as well along with the rest of the mod.
(snip)
This level up I have two force power choices. If I pick stoffe's Strike Force Power then I can Pick the 2nd level of Floating Force Power on its' line. If I pick the 1st Level of Floating Force power I don't get the arrow that will allow me to pick the 2nd level of the power.

Have you overwritten the spells.2da file in your override folder when installing any of those mods? If so, that may be the cause of the problem. The spells.2da file is sensitive to the order in which things appear, since it is referred to be line number by the game.

If, for example, you had the HL Force Powers mod installed first, then had the spells.2da file overwritten by installing another mod (which doesn't use a mod installer to merge them), and then reinstall the HL Force Powers again, any save games made before the file was overwritten would now refer to incorrect data, since the line numbers may have changed when reinstalling the mod.

Never overwrite the spells.2da if you have a game in progress, since chances are very high things will become messed up. Instead, merge new entries into the existing file. If some form of mod installer is used this will usually be made for you. If not, you'll have to do it by hand. Just make sure that the line numbers for rows used by your savegames never change for the duration of that game.

If that's not the problem, how does the new lines in the spells.2da file look?
 Arбtoeldar
07-18-2006, 6:56 PM
^^^^

I used Fred's Kotor Tool to open up 2 2da editors I copied the lines from RH spell.2da and pasted them to the end of your spell.2da.

1st line was Darth333 WhereAmIArmband
2nd Line RH L-D Correction Armband
3rd line D333 FLP Level 1
4th line D333 FLP Level 2
5th line D333 FLP Level 3

I saved it to my combined mod fixes folder. Then copied the file to my override folder.

I was on my 2nd planet after Telos when I made this change.
 stoffe
07-18-2006, 7:02 PM
^^^^

I used Fred's Kotor Tool to open up 2 2da editors I copied the lines from RH spell.2da and pasted them to your spell.2da. I saved it to my combined mod fixes folder. Then copied the file to my override folder.

I was on my 2nd planet after Telos when I made this change.

If you just copy&pasted the lines without modifying them that's probably the cause. Some columns refer to other rows by line number, such as the prerequisites column. Also, you'll need to make sure the numbers in the forcehostile (for targeted powers) and forcefriendly (for non-targeted powers) columns are unique for each "family" (e.g. Wound --> Choke --> Kill) of powers, otherwise they'd be grouped incorrectly.

Further, don't forget to open the UTI template for the mods armband(s) and change the activation property to point to the new line number in spells.2da where the line you pasted in ended up. :)
 Arбtoeldar
07-18-2006, 7:54 PM
If you just copy&pasted the lines without modifying them that's probably the cause. Some columns refer to other rows by line number, such as the prerequisites column. Also, you'll need to make sure the numbers in the forcehostile (for targeted powers) and forcefriendly (for non-targeted powers) columns are unique for each "family" (e.g. Wound --> Choke --> Kill) of powers, otherwise they'd be grouped incorrectly.

Further, don't forget to open the UTI template for the mods armband(s) and change the activation property to point to the new line number in spells.2da where the line you pasted in ended up. :)

Now that I have edited the prerequisites column it seem to work ok. I assume the the prestige powers do not show until you have the prestige class?
 stoffe
07-19-2006, 5:51 AM
I assume the the prestige powers do not show until you have the prestige class?

Yes, it seems like powers with class restrictions only show up on the force powers selection screen if you have the required class, while powers with a level restriction show up all the time, but are dimmed red until you can pick them.

The Jedimaster/Sith Lord/Consular specific powers should be selectable when you get those classes.
 Arбtoeldar
07-20-2006, 6:07 PM
I am having problems with the Floating Saber Force Power. When I use it I get a small purple ball of light with small lighting strikes from the hand. The force power does use up force points but does no damage and I do not any floating saber animations. I started an new game to do some testing. I gave my character enough EXP so that I could get the third level of this force power. The only diffencent I can see is that the power does damage but I still do not get any any floating saber animations.

The force power lines are on rows 306-308 of the spell.2da.
 stoffe
07-20-2006, 7:49 PM
I am having problems with the Floating Saber Force Power. When I use it I get a small purple ball of light with small lighting strikes from the hand. The force power does use up force points but does no damage and I do not any floating saber animations.
(snip)
The force power lines are on rows 306-308 of the spell.2da.

Did you modify the saber power impact script to check for the new line numbers in spells.2da? If I remember correctly the Floating Sabers use a single script for all three powers, and check inside the script which power has been activated. You'll need to update the line numbers in the checks there and recompile the impact script.

If the actual spells.2da line number does not match any of those checked for in the script, nothing would likely happen when you cast the power.
 Darth333
07-20-2006, 10:51 PM
What stoffe said. You have to modify the blue parts in d3_saber_force.nss to match your new spells.2da lines:

int FORCE_POWER_D3_SABER1 = 282;
int FORCE_POWER_D3_SABER2 = 283;
int FORCE_POWER_D3_SABER3 = 284;

#include "k_inc_debug"
#include "k_inc_utility"

void SpawnSabers(string sTemp)
{

object oSaber = CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, sTemp, GetLocation(OBJECT_SELF));
SetLocalNumber(oSaber, 1, 0);
}

void main()
{
int nSpell = GetSpellId();
if (nSpell == FORCE_POWER_D3_SABER1)
{
if(IsDark()==TRUE)
{
SpawnSabers("d3_saber1");
}
else
{
SpawnSabers("d3_saber");
}

return;
}

if (nSpell == FORCE_POWER_D3_SABER2)
{

if(IsDark()==TRUE)
{
}

else
{
SpawnSabers("d3_saber");
SpawnSabers("d3_saber");
}
return;
}

if (nSpell == FORCE_POWER_D3_SABER3)
{

if(IsDark()==TRUE)
{
}

else
{
SpawnSabers("d3_saber");
SpawnSabers("d3_saber");
SpawnSabers("d3_saber");
}
return;
}
}

Don't forget to compile the script once you're done! (and make sure the utc files for the sabers are in the override folder)
 Arбtoeldar
07-21-2006, 11:07 AM
What stoffe said. You have to modify the blue parts in d3_saber_force.nss to match your new spells.2da lines:

Don't forget to compile the script once you're done! (and make sure the utc files for the sabers are in the override folder)

I figured that was the script that I need to modify. It is really infuriating that I cannot get the DeNCS or HazardX script compiler-decompiler to work. The only scripting tool that works for me is KotOR script generator v2.1b :rolleyes: :firemad:

This is what the script should look like

int FORCE_POWER_D3_SABER1 = 306;
int FORCE_POWER_D3_SABER2 = 307;
int FORCE_POWER_D3_SABER3 = 308;

#include "k_inc_debug"
#include "k_inc_utility"

void SpawnSabers(string sTemp)
{

object oSaber = CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, sTemp, GetLocation(OBJECT_SELF));
SetLocalNumber(oSaber, 1, 0);
}

void main()
{
int nSpell = GetSpellId();
if (nSpell == FORCE_POWER_D3_SABER1)
{
if(IsDark()==TRUE)
{
}
else
{
SpawnSabers("d3_saber");
}

return;
}

if (nSpell == FORCE_POWER_D3_SABER2)
{

if(IsDark()==TRUE)
{
}

else
{
SpawnSabers("d3_saber");
SpawnSabers("d3_saber");
}
return;
}

if (nSpell == FORCE_POWER_D3_SABER3)
{

if(IsDark()==TRUE)
{
}

else
{
SpawnSabers("d3_saber");
SpawnSabers("d3_saber");
SpawnSabers("d3_saber");
}
return;
}
}
 stoffe
07-21-2006, 12:30 PM
I figured that was the script that I need to modify. It is really infuriating that I cannot get the DeNCS or HazardX script compiler-decompiler to work. The only scripting tool that works for me is KotOR script generator v2.1b :rolleyes: :firemad:

This is what the script should look like (snip)

A compiled version of that script is attached below, you'll have to rename it to whatever it's supposed to be called since I don't remember the name of the impact script and I don't have the game available on this machine.

What problem do you have with compiling scripts? I'm using this script compiler (http://www.algonet.se/~stoffe/kotornsscomp.rar) and it works fine for compiling both KotOR and TSL scripts from what I've seen. Extract it somewhere, put the scripts you wish to compile, along with any include files needed, in the same folder. Then open a command console window (I highly recommend adding opening a command prompt to the folder right-click context menu for this, makes it much quicker) for that folder and just type...

nwnnsscomp.exe -c myscript.nss

...where myscript.nss is the name of the script you want to compile, and a NCS bytecode file should be generated.

(If you have a decent text editor like UltraEdit you can set it up to compile scripts for you at the press of a button as well, and highlight any compilation errors in the code for you.)

I don't remember if you have to extract nwscript.nss in your override folder first.

If you have a non-US version of the game you'll need to, since the one that comes with the game (still) contains errors. At least the UK-english version. :)
 Darth333
07-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Did you tried Kotor tool to compile your scripts?

1. Go to the tools menu
2. Select the text editor.
3. Then in the text editor window, go to the script menu, select your game (kotor 1 or kotor 2)
4. make your script, save with a .nss extension.
5. Either go to the script menu and select compile or simply press F5
6. The compilation should output a .ncs file.

I don't remember if you have to extract nwscript.nss in your override folder first. Just try without and if it doesn't work, drop nwscript.nss in your override folder.
 Arбtoeldar
07-21-2006, 5:51 PM
Thank you very much Ladies. :heart:

I haven't even tried to compile a script. The reason is because I haven't even been able to decompile a script to view or edit. I want to be proficient at editing scripts before I even tackle making a new script. :eek:
Page: 1 of 1