Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Select Partymembers as PC options

Page: 1 of 1
 Darkkender
07-18-2006, 1:18 PM
This Relatively simple mod allows the player to select one of the following partymembers as there PC's appearance.

Bastilla
Canderous
Carth
Jolee
Juhani
Mission
& Even Trask

This will allow you to use there default appearance's from the selection screen. Sorry these characters do not have DS transitions and as my own texture editing skills are less than Ideal I have decided not to make DS transitions either.

The reasons I decided to go ahead and make this mod is for multiple reasons.
First many people are unable to locate mods with the loss of PCGM.
Second I have noticed an influx of requests for this type of mod.

You may download this link directly from my site. -> www.freewebs.com/darkkender/dk_prtymemb_pcs.rar)
 Dirtnose
07-18-2006, 2:09 PM
This is a very very good Mod Well Done Darkk! :roll1:
 Koako
07-19-2006, 1:26 AM
Cool! Err, all I found was a portraits 2da file, put all that in the override, but it still wouldn't allow me to choose any party members for my PC, did I do something wrong?
 Princess Artemis
07-19-2006, 1:44 AM
Cool beans. I'll have to give this a try next time I play through KotOR.
 ChAiNz.2da
07-19-2006, 5:06 AM
~Saucy~ mod man! :emodanc:

Definitely something the members have been asking for and you provided it with blinding speed!
 Darkkender
07-19-2006, 3:52 PM
Cool! Err, all I found was a portraits 2da file, put all that in the override, but it still wouldn't allow me to choose any party members for my PC, did I do something wrong?

All that controls if your partymembers can be a beginning character choice is portraits.2da. All that needs changing is a couple of fields and your set.

If your creating your character for the first time after throwing this portraits.2da file in overide you will find the appearances for the above listed characters.
 Koako
07-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Oh. All right then, I'll try that out. Thanks!
 Alkonium
07-20-2006, 11:27 AM
This does look like a good mod, but didn't I make something exactly like it a while back?
 Kainzorus Prime
07-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Yes you did. Tough, while using yours head that player used disappeared from regular partmember.
 hyperblast
08-17-2006, 9:57 AM
godd, but the problem is:
i've chosen bastile as my character and now, bastila(the true) has no head!
 lord ignarn
08-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Looks great Darkkender, Iґll check it this night.
 Darkkender
08-17-2006, 11:13 AM
godd, but the problem is:
i've chosen bastile as my character and now, bastila(the true) has no head!

I wish these results would appear on all machines. When I get some time I'll go ahead and make them with there own unique heads.

This does look like a good mod, but didn't I make something exactly like it a while back?

With PCGM down it can be hard to locate some of the older mods on the cached pages. Also as I said in my first post The reasons I decided to go ahead and make this mod is for multiple reasons.
First many people are unable to locate mods with the loss of PCGM.
Second I have noticed an influx of requests for this type of mod.

Because it is one of those simple mods that really anyone can do It's not one that falls within the hey thats my mod category. Now If I had made unique outfits for the PC versions of the partymembers as part of this mod then those would require permission to be used by somebody else.
 Mav
08-17-2006, 8:24 PM
nicely done DK :)

Edit: @SithRevan below - because everyone knows wookies are better as carpets than friends :monkey4::chainsaw:
 SithRevan
08-18-2006, 2:50 AM
Nice work DK but why didn't you put Zaalbarr in?
 Darkkender
08-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Actually for the same reason the droids aren't there. They all have a single body & head mesh which has potential problems in the character selection process. Since everytime you create a new character the game randomely selects an available portrait appearance to display this means that the wookie might showup. Now any model that contains a single body & head mesh will not have a heads.2da entry it will crash the game if that is the appearance you click on. Now if your just cycling through the appearances on the second screen and choose our wookie friend appearance you will be okay.

Let me try to explain how the game engine handles character creation and loading.

From main menu you click new game.
->Engine reads portraits.2da and randomely select 3 male and 3 female appearances.
->The engine then assigns one male and one female appearance to each of the 3 starting classes.
->For starting class 1 Soldier(k1)/Jedi Guardian(k2) the engine reads in the entry in portraits.2da labeled appearance_l then cross references this column with appearance.2da and loads the Model & Texture B column entries for this appearance to the selection screen. It also reads in the heads coumn and cross referneces this with heads.2da. It loads the heads.2da entry into a backbuffer.
->Repeat for other 2 starting classes. Class 2 Scoundrel/Jedi Sentinel = portraits.2da's appearance column. Classs 3 Scout/Jedi Counselor = portraits.2da's appearance_s column.
->Character Selection screen appears with 3 male and 3 female appearances.

Now this is where your crash potential begins. Because Big Z & other single mesh characters have no heads.2da entry when there appearance is randomely selected to appear on the first screen nothing gets loaded into the second screen. If you then select ok from this main screen to go to the character creation it still works but if you choose quick character or custom character either way the game then crashes. Now here is the part that is frustrating. If all the randomely selected appearances are have heads.2da entries and then you scroll through the heads & portraits on the 2nd screen and select our single bodymesh friend nothing will crash later on. I've yet to figure out why that is but it is.
 SithRevan
08-18-2006, 9:24 PM
What if you were to edit T3, HK, and BIG-Z's models so that you would have two meshs instead of one, and just add corresponding entries for the head and whatever else in the 2da files, would that work?
 Darkkender
08-19-2006, 12:22 AM
We don't have the capability to seperate the head from the body meshes at this time. Of course this question has been asked numerous times across the forums.
 MetalMark
08-19-2006, 10:33 AM
At the moment I played a dozen times as Trask and the real characters do have a head in my game never had trouble with it
 Aayla Offee
08-27-2006, 6:25 PM
I put it in my override-but how do I make it so I can select the different heads???
 Darkkender
08-28-2006, 1:59 AM
They will be available in the character selection screen when you start a new game.
 Master Kavar
08-28-2006, 2:58 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Deus111/Wookiee.jpg)

T7 might have something to say about that!
 Anastase
09-19-2006, 12:34 AM
When I get some time I'll go ahead and make them with there own unique heads.

Oh that would be awesome! :lol: I was actually trying to figure out how to do this and posted on your So you want a different appearance (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149289) tutorial. I got as far as being able to select a Bastila head for my PC, but my custom texture is not showing up, she still has the brown hair/light blue eyes. I'm not sure what to do to fix that at this point. Plus I'm exhausted, I've been working on this now for half the day hehe.

I started the game last year and even back then I was posting to figure out how to make a unique Bastila head. I decided yesterday to start back at the beginning of the game once I can figure out how to have Bastila with brown hair and my character with red hair.

I really want to start the game though, so I'm going to use the mod you listed here in this post and hope I'll have the unique head situation worked out by the time I find Bastila :p
Page: 1 of 1