Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can't access pcgamemods.com

Page: 1 of 3
 The Sith'ari
07-13-2006, 12:37 AM
I don't know if it's only me who's encountering this problem, but since yesterday I've been unable to access pcgamemods.com, and the following message shows:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [function.mysqli]: Too many connections in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 22

Warning: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 28

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'DBException' with message 'Database: ' in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php:29 Stack trace: #0 /home/web/pcgm3/scripts/log.php(2): db->query('INSERT INTO log...') #1 /home/web/pcgm3/index.php(11): require_once('/home/web/pcgm3...') #2 thrown in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 29

Warning: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 113

I wonder what's wrong? Anyone can help?
 EnderWiggin
07-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Yeah, Sergio must be having even more problems now, because I couldn't access it either.

_EW_
 Char Ell
07-13-2006, 12:56 AM
I wonder if this means pcgamemods.com has finally died after a long and slow demise.

I hope not. :(
 Shem
07-13-2006, 2:16 AM
I hope not either. It would be a shame if it did. I really love uploading my mods there. I just pray Sergio decides to fix his site because I'm one of many people who have enjoyed it since it opened in 2002.
 Fiestainabox
07-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Yah, I noticed that too, it was set as one of my homepages in firefox. I think its about time it got fixed, or about time everybody move to another host, I think lucasfiles is the best, but Filefront good too.
 Kainzorus Prime
07-13-2006, 2:36 PM
Pcgm database was full for some time before i quess they are doing maintenance and are adding more space for new files.
 Darkkender
07-13-2006, 5:05 PM
Pcgm database was full for some time before i quess they are doing maintenance and are adding more space for new files.

The message posted above is a server crash error. They may have taken it down to upgrade it however they usually throw up a dummy page to alert people to that fact. This looks more like the service provider lost the server holding pcgamemods from either an overload or from a malicious attack.

I would favor the malicious attack scenario.
 stoffe
07-13-2006, 5:23 PM
It seems the registration for the pcgamemods.com domain expires in 2 days, so I guess we'll see by then if the owner has any intention of continuing to run the site and re-register the domain, or if it will become suspended.

Since the site hasn't been maintained for more than 6 months my guess would be that it's going to disappear entirely, though I'd love to be wrong. It would be a shame if such an extensive mod library just vanished.

EDIT: The domain registry for pcgamemods.com has now been renewed at least. Remains to be seen if this means the site will return or if the owner just intends to keep the domain. :)
 The Source
07-13-2006, 6:00 PM
About two days ago, I deleted five of my mods. I hope Sergio comes back, but I can understand why he may let it go. It takes a lot of time to maintain a website. Too bad he doesn't have an account here. It was kind of him to give us a place for free storage.

Only time will tell.
 Darkkender
07-13-2006, 6:48 PM
About two days ago, I deleted five of my mods. I hope Sergio comes back, but I can understand why he may let it go. It takes a lot of time to maintain a website. Too bad he doesn't have an account here. It was kind of him to give us a place for free storage.

Only time will tell.

He used to have an account here. Of course T7nowhere was involved in Kotor based administration for awhile at PCGM I don't even know if he still is.
 Shem
07-13-2006, 7:54 PM
It seems the registration for the pcgamemods.com domain expires in 2 days, so I guess we'll see by then if the owner has any intention of continuing to run the site and re-register the domain, or if it will become suspended.

Since the site hasn't been maintained for more than 6 months my guess would be that it's going to disappear entirely, though I'd love to be wrong. It would be a shame if such an extensive mod library just vanished.That doesn't sound good. It's one of those glad to know information, but sad to hear it at the same time.

I really hope Sergio decides to re-register the site the domain name and get it going again.
 The Source
07-13-2006, 7:55 PM
Sergio seemed like a laid-back guy. You can tell he was having fun. Maybe he will come up with something new.

Either way, I wish him well.
 T7nowhere
07-13-2006, 8:21 PM
I wouldn't be surprized if this was the final end of the site. I was involved in Moderating the KotOR sections up until Decmeber of 2005. Since then I have not been able to access the site, As I was effectively banned by a site glitch while I was dealing with a troll. All attempts to contact Sergio have failed and to be honest after 3 months of trying to contact him I gave up.

It's a shame that the largest library of KotOR mods may be gone, but we still have Lucasfiles.com. The convenience factor is much lower than PCGM but it's better than nothing. ;)
 jedi7000nathan
07-13-2006, 9:10 PM
hope it's not because there so many mods in danger of being lost forever
 crazylittleloca
07-13-2006, 9:20 PM
I know I just,don't where we can get KOTOR I and KOTOR II mods! I just hope*sob*,that he can get the site up and running again! All the wonderful mods created,will be lost FOREVER! I'd just.....I'd Just cry! :cry8: ! I know y'all agree!
 The Source
07-13-2006, 9:33 PM
I wouldn't be surprized if this was the final end of the site. I was involved in Moderating the KotOR sections up until Decmeber of 2005. Since then I have not been able to access the site, As I was effectively banned by a site glitch while I was dealing with a troll. All attempts to contact Sergio have failed and to be honest after 3 months of trying to contact him I gave up.

It's a shame that the largest library of KotOR mods may be gone, but we still have Lucasfiles.com. The convenience factor is much lower than PCGM but it's better than nothing. ;)
I allways thought that LucasFiles.com was under utilized. Darth333 had encouraged me to place my mods there. Even though you don't have certain freedoms, you get the sense that your mods are in good hands.
 Vandrak
07-13-2006, 10:39 PM
I also hope Pcgm isn't down for good, and i was just thinking about posting a mod there, i guess i will post it on lucasfiles instead.
 jonathan7
07-13-2006, 10:43 PM

i know that pcgamemods is the best library, but surely http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/) is next in line in terms of number of mods, lucasfiles has very few really!
 EnderWiggin
07-13-2006, 10:44 PM
I also hope Pcgm is down for good, and i was just thinking about posting a mod there, i guess i will post it on lucasfiles instead.
:eyeraise:
What?
You want PCGameMods to be down for good? :cry6:
What a loss... but life must go on.
Wherever Sergio is, I hope he's doing well.

i know that pcgamemods is the best library, but surely http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/) is next in line in terms of number of mods, lucasfiles has very few really!
That might be true, but alot of the modders here were on bad terms with the previous management of KotorMods. Most of the old mods on there, IIRC, were taken from other sites without permission and hosted there. I dunno if those mods have been removed, but I do know that KotorMods is under different management as of now, and they are trying to resolve the situation.

Oh, and LucasFiles.com is an offically endorsed LucasArts mod site while KotorMods is not.

_EW_

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, but in the first one I started writing before seeing Jonathan's post... so I didn't see it until after posting the first one...

Please use the 'edit this' post feature and add any new content to your previous post, copy and paste works wonders for this. ;) -RH
 Vandrak
07-13-2006, 10:50 PM
I meant i hope it isn't down for good ;)
 jonathan7
07-13-2006, 11:05 PM
That might be true, but alot of the modders here were on bad terms with the previous management of KotorMods. Most of the old mods on there, IIRC, were taken from other sites without permission and hosted there. I dunno if those mods have been removed, but I do know that KotorMods is under different management as of now, and they are trying to resolve the situation.

Oh, and LucasFiles.com is an offically endorsed LucasArts mod site while KotorMods is not.
sorry dudes i didnt know - bows head in shame... please dont force lightning my ass, i wont fail you again master!
 Inyri
07-13-2006, 11:08 PM
I have Sergio's MSN address if anyone wants to try contacting him. I don't know whether he still uses it, though.

Most of the old mods on there, IIRC, were taken from other sites without permission and hosted there. I dunno if those mods have been removed, but I do know that KotorMods is under different management as of now, and they are trying to resolve the situation.I'm under the impression most were removed by the new administration, but none of the current staff there can be entirely sure unless authors come forward with information, because the previous administration left them no information to go by. We've tried contacting a couple of people we're concerned don't know their mods are hosted there, but we've not had luck contacting those people yet to the best of my knowledge.
 Revnant
07-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah me and my friend hope it isnt done because it looks legitement(sp?). Also I saved a number of mods from there into my favorites.
 SithRevan
07-13-2006, 11:26 PM
I am sort of a noobie, but I can tell that site was one of the best kotor modding sites around and I would really hope it was not gone.
 jedi7000nathan
07-13-2006, 11:32 PM
ya so what do we if i don't get a new KOTOR 1 Mod i'll go crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Revnant
07-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Yeah because I cant seem to find a way to downloads avol vader armor from anywhere else. Also the sound thing for vaders breathing and also the have force crush type mod. But I think it will be back up. Does anyone know his email address?
 The Source
07-13-2006, 11:56 PM

sorry dudes i didnt know - bows head in shame... please dont force lightning my ass, i wont fail you again master!
Don't worry man. It is a long story, and it actually takes place at PCGamemods.com. I think it is one of the reasons why Sergio got rid of the forums.

Yeah. LucasFiles.com has been adopted by Lucas Arts in a way. See my signature. I rather have my mods somewhere where it is safe. PCGAMEMODS.com allowed the user to edit their mod discriptions and such, but you felt like you had some type of comtrol. Even though you don't have that control with LucasFiles.com, you have the sense that your files are in good hands.

I don't know too much about that other site, hense I don't type the name of it, but I do know they have questionable tactics.

I bet you $100 that a spokes person is hidding in these forums, and he wil eventually leave a post trying to win over modders. lol...
 Inyri
07-14-2006, 12:20 AM
I bet you $100 that a spokes person is hidding in these forums, and he wil eventually leave a post trying to win over modders.We don't do that, however we do tend to correct misconceptions. For instance:

I do know they have questionable tactics.Had*.

In the end, any FileFront "spokes person" on these forums are modders, just like you :). I registered here to learn and help, not to advertise anything. And I don't. Neither does Shem.
 Darkkender
07-14-2006, 12:39 AM
For those who are looking for mods post a message here of what your looking for. I don't have all of the mods but I do have a pretty large collection on my HD. While I can't publically redistribute the mods they can be PM'ed to you if I have them. I will in the meantime do what I can to get in touch with the authors of the mods that I have in my collection to arrange to upload them to LucasFiles.

I have probably a vastly larger array of K1 mods than K2 but Even then the collection is pretty large. Most of the mods in my collection can be considered some of the higher grade mods.
 Revnant
07-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Well basicly what I want for kotor 2 now is darth vaders armor, darth vader sound(the breathing thing), Vaders lightsaber and early force crush. Those are the ones I want.
 Darkkender
07-14-2006, 1:24 AM
Please don't post your email per forum rules.

However it will help if you know what the name of the mod is and the authors name. I will PM download links when I upload them to a private server.
 Republic Armory
07-14-2006, 1:30 AM
Do you have the Black Mandalorian Reskin(Kotor2) and the Blood Red Mandalorian reskin(Kotor)?
 Darkkender
07-14-2006, 1:39 AM
Do you have the Black Mandalorian Reskin(Kotor2) and the Blood Red Mandalorian reskin(Kotor)?

I'll take a look, do you know the author by chance?

\/\/ Okay that will help me in finding the mod RA. \/\/
 Republic Armory
07-14-2006, 1:55 AM
I think the blood red mandalorian reskin was done by Doom_Dealer but I don't know about the other one.
 90SK
07-14-2006, 2:41 AM
PCGM has been a sinking ship since the community got severed, I think. As the largest collection of JA and KotOR mods on the internet, though, it would be an utter loss if it ceased to exist.

Being the admin of such a site, either Sergio knows about the problem and will fix it, or he doesn't care and will let the site die. He wouldn’t have forgotten about it. I don't know him, but judging from his final interactions with the community, I'm guessing the latter scenario. :(
 Inyri
07-14-2006, 2:45 AM
Judging from a conversation I had with Sergio shortly after he removed the forums and commenting, I'd tend to agree with you, which is indeed a shame. I've always believed more options makes for a more secure community, but unfortunately a lot of people don't take advantage of those options and host their mods on one site alone. As we can now see, that can be disastrous in this kind of situation, which is unfortunate since LucasFiles is just a hop, skip, and a jump away.

Major kudos to Darkkender, though, for trying to be so helpful :).
 ImperatorCaesar
07-14-2006, 2:47 AM
Since I can't get it from PCGM.com, does someone have Sith Armada that they can email me?

I have deleted your email address post IC, please read our forum rules (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=127725), thanks. -RH
 jedi7000nathan
07-14-2006, 3:03 AM
not on a disk that's is intact or around
 bacara nate
07-14-2006, 6:15 AM
yeah i started a thread about this earlier on this morning but im also experiencing the problem cause im tryin to see the republic commando mod and it wont let me on, it didnt let me on yesterday either?

the thing is lucas files is great and all but it no where near as many mods as pcgamemods so if you wwant to save your files you might as well post them at lucasfiles.com

bacara nate, I have combined your double posts, if you have something to add please use the 'edit this' post feature. Also I am deleting your thread you made about PCGameMods in the Requests Forum, let's keep this to one thread. Thanks. -RH
 Fiestainabox
07-14-2006, 9:37 AM
Well, I have released a few mods, all of them were hosted on PCGM, So its a big loss for me, But luckily, thanks to good old Filefront (The Official Site, Not The Kotor Version) I'll be hosting them on LucasFiles.

The only real reason I'll miss PCGM is that A lot of mods where they're that I Downloaded A lot.
 ChAiNz.2da
07-14-2006, 9:53 AM
I'm under the impression most were removed by the new administration, but none of the current staff there can be entirely sure unless authors come forward with information, because the previous administration left them no information to go by. We've tried contacting a couple of people we're concerned don't know their mods are hosted there, but we've not had luck contacting those people yet to the best of my knowledge.
Hey Inyri!

Just the person I was hoping would make a show around here :)

I have been having long discussions about FileFront with Shem via PM's, and granted I was one of those past modders who were angered by the old crew over there.

Since then, I have gotten to know a few of you, and well, your name comes up alot (don't worry...in admiration, hehehe). I've told Shem that I'm willing to let bygones be bygones and I'm going to be uploading quite a few mods here shortly as soon as I can compile a list.

To the Holowan Modders, if you wish to adopt a wait-n-see approach with FileFront, then you can keep an eye out on my soon to be submissions. I'll be your "guinea pig", but I'm willing to give the the New & Improved crew over there a second chance. They're a great bunch when you give them a chance. Nothing like the old crew was... :D

Again, glad to see you around Inyri and I look forward to further communications with you guys and gals over at FF. Shem has my trust, and I'll be holding him to it.. as I'm sure (hopefully) he's holding me to mine... hehehe

* DOH! I scuk at spleling... :fist:
 Char Ell
07-14-2006, 10:10 AM
^^^
Score one for the FileFront team. A ringing endorsement from one of LF's esteemed KotOR modders. :D

Sounds like the bells are indeed tolling for PCGM. :cry6:
 RedHawke
07-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Well I just overhauled my webpage so I could put as many of my mods available for download as I could... I had to re-pack every mod with 7Zip instead of WinRar, saved a ton of space, but it will require people to have 7Zip to extract the files. I found and inserted a link in my pages to download 7Zip though. ;)

Thanks to ChAiNz hosting a couple of my mods I didn't have to do those, but I had to pull 4 of my KotOR I mods offline as I didn't have enough space.

I will likely be submitting most of my KotOR I mods to LucasFiles sometime soon, the ones I had to pull offline first, later on I might even try out FileFront myself.
 Darkkender
07-14-2006, 10:52 AM
I'm going to compile a list of the mods that I have in my archives for everybody. It will be listed by modder, maybe by mod type as well. It will be a basic shopping list if you will. If people want to aide me once I post it in contacting the modders who appear there to advise them of our likely PCGM loss it would be apreciated.
 ChAiNz.2da
07-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Thanks to ChAiNz hosting a couple of my mods I didn't have to do those, but I had to pull 4 of my KotOR I mods offline as I didn't have enough space.
Anytime man, and really, it's no trouble at all if you need a home for those other 4...

Realistically I know I can't host everyone's mods out there, but honestly I'm FAR away from ever reaching my potential bandwidth... I host media files (we're talking gigabytes) for my freelance editing/design clients so a mod is nothing compared to some of the doozies I have ;)

But yeah, that still doesn't keep me from distributing my mods to sites such as Lucasfiles, PCGM & soon to be FileFront... The more the merrier :D

@Darkkender I'll try to help out as much as I can bro. We gotta stick together if PCGM truly does go down ;) Just let me know the "what's & who's" when the time comes...
 Vandrak
07-14-2006, 11:08 AM
I would like to remind everyone that below is a list of modders websites, so look there before asking darkkender or anyone else that way we can reduce the amount of posts, pm's, and everything because i'm sure as time goes on if pcgm doesn't come back almost everyone will be asking for mods :P

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143413)
 Pavlos
07-14-2006, 11:13 AM
This is grim news indeed...

Hopefully it won't happen but it certainly does seem so.
 The Source
07-14-2006, 11:53 AM
What would be good is that you guys open up a thread here, which asks the question: 1) Who wants their mods over at FileFront removed? After you have a list of people, I would respect them and take them off. That way, you are showing us that File Front has changed policy. It will also win more people over.

Overall, I do like Shem . He has helped with one of my mods, which is no longer available because of pcgm.com. Yeah, I will send it over to give you guys a shot.

Since over a year has passed and new blood has been injected, I think it is possible for a trial run.

Could you drop some link information?
 Mono_Giganto
07-14-2006, 12:57 PM
I'm going to compile a list of the mods that I have in my archives for everybody. It will be listed by modder, maybe by mod type as well. It will be a basic shopping list if you will. If people want to aide me once I post it in contacting the modders who appear there to advise them of our likely PCGM loss it would be apreciated.

That would be great, assuming you have anything from me.... Since I don't have access to my own mods. :p
 Shem
07-14-2006, 1:15 PM
What would be good is that you guys open up a thread here, which asks the question: 1) Who wants their mods over at FileFront removed? After you have a list of people, I would respect them and take them off. That way, you are showing us that File Front has changed policy. It will also win more people over.I do know that some mods have been given permission to stay since it's mentioned in the comment section on those mods. But if there are mods that are still there and if any of the authors of those mods are still upset that they are still there, don't hesitate to let us know. I don't have the power yet to remove any mods that I didn't upload to the site yet myself after a review (I did get a recent promotion that has given me more powers), but Inyri Forge does since she's a Head Admin over all of FileFront's gaming sites. I'm very serious when I say this and if there are any out there that are following this thread, just let us know. Inyri will be watching and will probably be posting in this thread later today I would assume.

I also have been very hesitant on what I say in this thread about FileFront because the last thing I want to sound like is a telemarketer for FileFront, especially in this Forum. But at the same time, I’m getting the feeling people want me to actually say something, so I decided to break my silence.

In the three months that I have worked for the site, I have kept my mouth shut about it because again I don't want to sound like a telemarketer. I figured if people wanted to start uploading mods there, they'll come to me and also ask questions if they are interested. ChAiNz.2da is an example of that.

The only thing that comes closest to me ever marketing FileFront in any way is when I updated my mod links in the Taris Upper City Forum. I only did that because of PCGM’s situation and I didn’t want people looking through my mod release thread and be disappointed that they can’t get access to the mod they’re interested in.

Also, I will answer any questions or concerns you might have about mod uploading. If I can’t answer a question, I’m sure Inyri Forge will have no trouble helping me out. If you want to ask me about uploading your mods, just send me a PM. I would feel more comfortable handling it that way and I would rather you come to me, rather than I come to you about uploading your mods.

I don’t want to get my personal life involved, but if you do come send me a PM about mod uploading between July 21-July 31 (10 days), I will be out of town and won’t be able to help you during that time period. I just don’t want people to send me a PM and wonder why I’m not getting back to them. Especially like if they sent one on July 22, and wonder why it’s taking me so long to get back to them.

I also won’t send in links publicly, so if you want a link to something to find anything out, just send me a PM.
Page: 1 of 3