Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

modded dialog trouble

Page: 1 of 1
 Eureka!
07-08-2006, 8:54 PM
Every mod I have gotten that includes dialog(not voice) that was made does not display what the computer is saying. For example, if I am using the Padawan mod, I can't see what Trask is saying, I can only see my responses. The only thing I can do is after the conversation is over is look into the messages menu and read what was said and my reply. I was wondering if there were certain settings on the game I had to have for these to work, because it happens with every mod, and I have tried 20 or so.

If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it.^^
 The_Maker
07-08-2006, 9:23 PM
It might be that the mod author forgot the fact that no new v/o's ment all you would see is blank text, you might try turning on the translations just to see if that helps, if not. Try waiting for someone with more experience to help you out.
 EnderWiggin
07-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Every mod I have gotten that includes dialog(not voice) that was made does not display what the computer is saying. For example, if I am using the Padawan mod, I can't see what Trask is saying, I can only see my responses. The only thing I can do is after the conversation is over is look into the messages menu and read what was said and my reply. I was wondering if there were certain settings on the game I had to have for these to work, because it happens with every mod, and I have tried 20 or so.

If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it.^^

That has something to do with your settings; not sure which one.

I've never had a problem with dialogs, including the Padawan Mod...

which means it's you, and not us, that is the problem. :)

_EW_
 RedHawke
07-09-2006, 1:25 AM
Do you have the English version of the game?

If you have a non-english version you likely need to run all your downloaded mods item/dialog files through the DLG/UTI/UTC Language Converter 0.5 (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php). Using this you can switch the modded files to your local language settings, it doesn't translate the text, but it will allow you to see it. ;)
Page: 1 of 1