Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question Concerning The New MDLOPS

Page: 1 of 1
 Archon II
07-08-2006, 7:00 PM
I'm looking for a specific animation, one where we have a character sitting and moving to his side, typing on a console, or something to that extent as the Ebon Hawk's pilot. I've tried loading both Atton's and Carth's animations, but they don't have any, along with a good majority of other models. Is there a generic .mdx all models use, where I can get the animation, or where else can I find it? It's for the M4-78 Restoration Project... Thanks in advanced.
 stoffe
07-09-2006, 5:01 PM
I'm looking for a specific animation, one where we have a character sitting and moving to his side, typing on a console, or something to that extent as the Ebon Hawk's pilot. I've tried loading both Atton's and Carth's animations, but they don't have any, along with a good majority of other models. Is there a generic .mdx all models use, where I can get the animation, or where else can I find it? It's for the M4-78 Restoration Project... Thanks in advanced.

Most models don't have their own animations, but rather use the standard animations specified in one of the animation supermodels. If you use NWMax you can see the name of the supermodel used for animations if you select the AuroraBase modifier, on the same page you use to export models under MDL Base Parameters (on the "bent pipe" tab in gmax).

The supermodels tend to have the S_ prefix in their filenames, e.g. S_female03.mdl etc...
 Archon II
07-09-2006, 5:07 PM
I see! I'll get back to you if it ends up working. Thanks.
 cchargin
07-10-2006, 9:42 PM
Hello,

Try looking at:
s_male01.mdl
s_male02.mdl
s_female01.mdl
s_female02.mdl
s_female03.mdl

These should hold all the generic animations for players
 Archon II
07-13-2006, 5:42 PM
Well... I saw a lot of Combat animations, and some other animations, but I never came across any typing...
 cchargin
07-14-2006, 3:58 PM
Hello,

It has been quite a while since I played K1 or K2, but I vaguely remember that all the sitting characters I saw in both games did not have any animation. They just sat there. I recall an animation where someone is standing and typing. That is used when you are at a console.

If there is no actual animation while the character is sitting then it will most likely be a 1 frame animation which will be a real pain to look for.
 jonathan7
07-15-2006, 1:12 AM
yo, there is one animation of someone sitting and typing... atton does it in the pilot seat of the ebon hawk, so the animations are in there somewhere
 Pavlos
07-15-2006, 5:24 AM
There are several actually.

There are two that Atton does - and every human character can do.
And then there are several that seem to be attached to the Carth model for the fighter attack scenes in K1. However, importing Carth's model into max fails miserably as both he and his limbs like to rotate around a central point.
 Archon II
07-16-2006, 2:41 PM
Yeah, and I'm wanting this for several scenes I'm rendering... I've realized that I can't animate a person to save my life at this point, because there are so many variables and whatnot that have to be altered to make the person look human... Hmm... Well, I guess I'll continue looking.
Page: 1 of 1