Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor tool and a novice............. Help?

Page: 1 of 1
 commandpriority
06-28-2006, 11:13 AM
I need help. I cant figure out how to save an edited item so that it will work in kotor 1 and/or 2. It automatically saves to my desktop in a format that will not work in my override folder. What am I doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
 Darkkender
06-28-2006, 11:22 AM
For starters when you choose save for an item a save file window should pop-up, does this happen?

If it does then you should be able to choose where to save the file too.
If it doesn't then there is a major problem. In which case I would recomend Uninstalling and then re-installing making certain you have the .NET framework 1.1 installed first.

If you get the save window the item editor will default to saving the file as a "UTI" file. This is K1 & K2's item file type. If this is the file type that your item has been saved as then it is the right file for your overide folder and will work. If the file is saving as some other extension please post what that extension is so that we can help you better with that.
 commandpriority
06-28-2006, 11:43 AM
thanks for the help. looks like i will have to reinstall the .net framework as well........ after i download it on dial up, but it should work, so, thank you.
 Darkkender
06-28-2006, 12:07 PM
If everything doesn't work after re-installing all take some screenshots of your saving process and everything else and I'll try to help you further from there.
Page: 1 of 1