Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

help! Want to make a Psychonauts music video.

Page: 1 of 1
 assassin man
06-27-2006, 11:43 PM
I heard this song on the radio one day and the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to make a Psychonauts-based Music Video off the idea! Course I can't tell anyone else what the song is, that's a suprise.

What I do need to know is any freeware program that could capture video on my computer, for example, recording me playing Psychonauts or playing the cutscenes to splice together in my video. And some sort of video splicer (I only have Windows movie maker handy) would be helpful as well. So can anyone help Assassin Man?
 KingCheez
06-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Windows Movie Maker.

Everyone else uses it.

You can capture video with a Video Capture Card in it. That's how I made the Psychonauts In: series.
 DarthAve
06-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Yes, then just sprawl for video clips. and possibly sound clips from the game.
 Smon
06-28-2006, 12:06 AM
I used Flash.

But then I use Flash for everything.
 Jintor
06-28-2006, 3:33 AM
I advise you... *cough cough* obtain... *cough cough*... Adobe Premiere. It's fairly intuitive, highly useful, and it rocks pretty hard.
 assassin man
06-30-2006, 12:59 AM
so unless I have a video capture card, I cannot record off my own computer? Is there a way to detect one on a computer?
 Gruducuuz
06-30-2006, 12:59 PM
so unless I have a video capture card, I cannot record off my own computer? Is there a way to detect one on a computer?

I win. (www.fraps.com)
 KingCheez
06-30-2006, 2:16 PM
OH you have the PC version. Well, *acquire* Fraps.
Page: 1 of 1