Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Goodevil calculation

Page: 1 of 1
 shockix
06-23-2006, 3:44 PM
Hello.

I have the latest version of TSL and I noticed something.
I tried to modify NPC goodevil with KSE, but it's no use.

It looks like the game calculate NPC goodevil each time you load a save or enter another area.
This calculation must depend on our own goodevil and on the influence we have on each NPC.
But I think that this calculation is wrong.

When I have a goodevil of 0 and 100 influence on a npc, his goodevil is 0 too. And if I have a goodevil of 100 with 0 influence on a NPC, his goodevil is 0. In those 2 cases, NPC have dark side bonuses.

But when I have a goodevil of 100 with 100 influence on a NPC, his goodevil is only 99 (it should be 100). If I have a goodevil of 0 and 0 influence on a npc, his goodevil is only 99.
I never had a npc with a goodevil of 100, even with a master jedi and good charism.

Does anyone know how npc goodevil is calculated and how to correct it ?

PS : I used the search engine but I couldn't find any post about this. If there is one, so I'm sorry.
 illuzion69
06-23-2006, 4:36 PM
I have noticed the same thing and to have the NPC reach 100 light side points I use RedHake's Mistake Correction Armband Mod (found here http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/10928.html) ) and add lightside points to my PC. Make sure to have the NPC's you want to adjust with you when you do this and that should make their light side points reach 100. Sometimes they will drop back to 99 so you might need to change them again, especially NPC's that are dark side by nature (HK47, Mandalore, etc.).
 Darkkender
06-23-2006, 4:44 PM
This was covered long ago when K2 first came out with KSE. It was discovered if you gave 100 with the influence that it seemed to foul up and reset to down to 0 with however the game engine was setup. Some members speculated that the game doesn't recognize the actual value of 100 properly and when it sees it adds 1 which in turn resets you too 0. What we discovered is when using KSE is to set the goodevil & influence too 98 or 99. Come too think of it I thought TK had provided some sort of note about that in KSE's readme.
 Darth333
06-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Change the Global Numeric G_PC_Align_Val to the same value as your GoodEvil value.
 shockix
06-24-2006, 8:22 AM
Change the Global Numeric G_PC_Align_Val to the same value as your GoodEvil value.

I checked my saves, my goodevil is equal to the Global Numeric G_PC_Align_Val.

My question is not about KSE. I would like to play without it and have NPC with light side bonuses.
I don't know how it works but I imagine that the game use a script to calculate NPC goodevil. Is there a way to find it and to modifiy it ?
 shockix
06-28-2006, 4:18 PM
If we can't correct the equation, is there a way to give the light side bonus when you reach 99 in goodevil ?
 darthrevanrlz
06-29-2006, 5:43 AM
Mmm...

This doesn't really have to do with modding the goodevil value, BUT...

NPCS don't actually *get* the mastery bonuses. It says they get mastery when looking at the top of their character screen, but they don't get the actual bonuses...

Have to admit, I didn't try it with RH's correction armband (why the hell would one need to *cheat/mod* for influence? - how can you actually mess it up that bad anyway?)

Anyway, it's probably a safe bet to assume that pumping the goodevil value of LS NPCs might make the mastery bonus to show up on top of the screen, but not in the NPC's actual stats...

All in all, don't loose sleep over it since NPCs don't get bonuses anyway (which IMO makes a whole lot of sense - bumbling padawans should NOT get mastery bonuses)

But then again, it's most likely a bug/mistake than an actual good idea...
Page: 1 of 1