Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor 2 Nar Shadaa bug

Page: 1 of 1
 Standby
06-23-2006, 7:28 AM
I am having difficulties with a certain part of the Nar Shadaa plot. The game functions normally up until the Red Eclipse encounter within the Ebon Hawk, which resolves the way it should. However, upon exiting the Ebon Hawk, nothing happens. I get no contact message from the Exchange, or any other message. In other words, the plot ceases to function. I'm left to wander around Nar Shadaa twiddling my thumbs. This is not an isolated occurrence, but has happened to me repeatedly, with roughly 4 or 5 different characters on 3 different installs, and results in me being pretty much stuck on nar shadaa with no hope of progressing past the planet.
I do not use any mods or other external programs which could interfere with the game, and as such am at a loss as to how to proceed. Has anybody had a similar experience, and if so, do you know of a solution?
 Tupac Amaru
06-23-2006, 8:10 AM
The Visquis message doesn't have happen right after the Eclipse encounter. The Red Eclipse will trigger the first time you return from the Refugee sector. For the Visquis message you need the Red Eclipse encounter and do enough deeds that will annoy or please the Exchange. Once that is fullfilled the message triggers when walking around the Refugee Landing Pad area (it might work in other modules as well). It is likely you simply haven't done enough quests yet to get the attention from the Exchange. Kaalah-Nah, the bat guy in the entertainment promenade, can help you with that, for some credits.

In case you have done all quests and paid Kaalah-Nah, download the Kotor Savegame Editor (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#kse), make sure the following variables are set and change them if neccessary:
Under Globals -> Numerics:
-> 300NAR_Exchange_Gap: must be 8 or higher (got enough attention from the Exchange)
-> 302NAR_Entered: must be 1 (visited the Refugee Quad)
-> 303NAR_Entered: must be 1 (visited the Docks)

Under Quests -> Landing Rights: quest state must be either 90 or 91. (resolved the Red Eclipse takeover)

As mentioned, you get the Visquis message by walking around the Refugee Landing Pad. You don't have to enter the Ebon Hawk again. It shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

If this still fails, go to Globals -> Booleans -> 300NAR_Visquis_Call: This should still be 'no'. Set it to 'yes' and the game should behave as if you had received the invitation from Visquis.
 Standby
06-23-2006, 5:00 PM
Many thanks to you. I tried it, and it worked. Now I can get on with the game.
 Abelone
06-25-2006, 8:40 AM

In case you have done all quests and paid Kaalah-Nah, download the Kotor Savegame Editor (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#kse), make sure the following variables are set and change them if neccessary: ...

Hey, do you think using this method will help me solve my problem discused here?
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=164000)

If so, what should I change?
 Tupac Amaru
06-25-2006, 12:55 PM
Hey, do you think using this method will help me solve my problem discused here?
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=164000)

If so, what should I change?No, KSE won't help there. If you have gotten that far those variables are set correctly. Since I don't get this crash I can't tell for sure, but judging from the problem description it looks like it's a game script that runs after the Kreia-Hanharr cutscene that causes the problem. That script switches the playable character to Atton and then loads the Nar Shaddaa Docks module. Such character switches can cause crahses if they aren't properly delayed: The harddrive is being accesses like mad for a few seconds and then the game crashes to desktop.

Well, I suppose it can't hurt to give it a try and tell the script to use higher delays. You can download it here (http://home.arcor.de/eriktheviking/305NAR.zip). Extract the zip and put a_load303mira.ncs into the game's override folder. The second file in the zip, a_load303mira.nss, is the source code for the script.

If you don't know how to install mods and find the override folder yet: Go to the folder where the game is install (default: c:\program files\LucasArts}SWKotor2). If there isn't an 'override' folder, just make a new folder and name it 'override'.
 Abelone
06-25-2006, 4:01 PM
I'm not familiar with mods in KotOR II, where should I unzip the source code file, to the same folder?
And do I simply run the game with these files in Override?
 Tupac Amaru
06-25-2006, 5:44 PM
I'm not familiar with mods in KotOR II, where should I unzip the source code file, to the same folder?You only need the compiled script a_load303mira.ncs in the override. The source code, the file with the .nss ending, is not important for the mod to work. It is a plain text file and only important if you want to modify and recompile the script. The game will ignore these .nss files.

And do I simply run the game with these files in Override?Yes, just load a game before the crash. The game will automatically use the files in the override folder.
 Abelone
06-26-2006, 2:48 AM
I tried that, and this time, the screen with the exile after the scenes only appeared for a second, then the screen goes black, the mouse is visible and moving, then the game crash.
 Yoda121
06-26-2006, 5:43 AM
The Visquis message doesn't have happen right after the Eclipse encounter. The Red Eclipse will trigger the first time you return from the Refugee sector. For the Visquis message you need the Red Eclipse encounter and do enough deeds that will annoy or please the Exchange. Once that is fullfilled the message triggers when walking around the Refugee Landing Pad area (it might work in other modules as well). It is likely you simply haven't done enough quests yet to get the attention from the Exchange. Kaalah-Nah, the bat guy in the entertainment promenade, can help you with that, for some credits.

In case you have done all quests and paid Kaalah-Nah, download the Kotor Savegame Editor (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#kse), make sure the following variables are set and change them if neccessary:
-> 300NAR_Exchange_Gap: must be 8 or higher (got enough attention from the Exchange)

Under Quests -> Landing Rights: quest state must be either 90 or 91. (resolved the Red Eclipse takeover)

As mentioned, you get the Visquis message by walking around the Refugee Landing Pad. You don't have to enter the Ebon Hawk again. It shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

If this still fails, go to Globals -> Booleans -> 300NAR_Visquis_Call: This should still be 'no'. Set it to 'yes' and the game should behave as if you had received the invitation from Visquis.

When you saw the cutscene with Visquis, you must go in Jekk Jekk Tar. Here, there will be a new cutscene, and, you'll see... :)
 Tupac Amaru
06-26-2006, 8:20 AM
I tried that, and this time, the screen with the exile after the scenes only appeared for a second, then the screen goes black, the mouse is visible and moving, then the game crash.So, the fade to black is working now but the crash was just delayed? :headbump I'm sorry it didn't work. If you aren't fed up of me yet, I have modified the files some more. You can download it here (http://home.arcor.de/eriktheviking/305NAR_2.zip). The zip archive contains five files. Put them all into the game's override folder and overwrite existing files. After the Kreia-Hanharr cutscene it will give you three dialog options:
1. 'Switch to Atton and load Docks.': What it should be doing the whole time. I have increased the delays some more and removed some odd fadeout commands. (Knowing my luck it will still crash.)

2. 'Only load Docks module.': This avoids the character switch to Atton and only brings to the docks. If am not completely off with my suspicion this should not crash. There may be a 'Gained lightside/darkside points' window popping up. Just click that away.

3. 'End dialogue': If the others are still crashing this one will simply give you back control of the Exile again. To get out of the JekkJekk Tarr Tunnels you have to use the

warp 303nar

cheat code. In the docks, go to Mira's appartment in the flophouse (#11 on this map (http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotorii/locations/docks.php). A cutscene with Mira should be triggered there. It will look a bit weird since she is supposed to be talking to Atton at this point, not the Exile.

This thread explains how to enable cheat codes:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=144049)
 Yoda121
06-26-2006, 9:47 AM
I don't understand. What does he must to do? This?

Or this?

No, KSE won't help there. If you have gotten that far those variables are set correctly. Since I don't get this crash I can't tell for sure, but judging from the problem description it looks like it's a game script that runs after the Kreia-Hanharr cutscene that causes the problem. That script switches the playable character to Atton and then loads the Nar Shaddaa Docks module. Such character switches can cause crahses if they aren't properly delayed: The harddrive is being accesses like mad for a few seconds and then the game crashes to desktop.

Well, I suppose it can't hurt to give it a try and tell the script to use higher delays. You can download it here. Extract the zip and put a_load303mira.ncs into the game's override folder. The second file in the zip, a_load303mira.nss, is the source code for the script.

If you don't know how to install mods and find the override folder yet: Go to the folder where the game is install (default: c:\program files\LucasArts}SWKotor2). If there isn't an 'override' folder, just make a new folder and name it 'override'.
 Tupac Amaru
06-26-2006, 10:44 AM
I don't understand. What does he must to do? This?
[...]
Or this?There are two different problems: One is the Visquis message not triggering, the other a crash after the Exile has been captured by G0-T0.
 Yoda121
06-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Thanks. I didn't understand.

Why does he no download the Patch of TSL?
He is here (http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/kotor2.htm).

Are the variables while he modifiy while trigger these buggs?
 Abelone
06-26-2006, 4:18 PM
So, the fade to black is working now but the crash was just delayed? :headbump I'm sorry it didn't work. If you aren't fed up of me yet, I have modified the files some more. You can download it here (http://home.arcor.de/eriktheviking/305NAR_2.zip). The zip archive contains five files. Put them all into the game's override folder and overwrite existing files. After the Kreia-Hanharr cutscene it will give you three dialog options:
1. 'Switch to Atton and load Docks.': What it should be doing the whole time. I have increased the delays some more and removed some odd fadeout commands. (Knowing my luck it will still crash.)

2. 'Only load Docks module.': This avoids the character switch to Atton and only brings to the docks. If am not completely off with my suspicion this should not crash. There may be a 'Gained lightside/darkside points' window popping up. Just click that away.

3. 'End dialogue': If the others are still crashing this one will simply give you back control of the Exile again. To get out of the JekkJekk Tarr Tunnels you have to use the

warp 303nar

cheat code. In the docks, go to Mira's appartment in the flophouse (#11 on this map (http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotorii/locations/docks.php). A cutscene with Mira should be triggered there. It will look a bit weird since she is supposed to be talking to Atton at this point, not the Exile.

This thread explains how to enable cheat codes:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=144049)

Okay, I will try these steps, but I find something in your guidance odd since the wookie kills her.
Also, Kreia-Hanharr cutscene is taking place where the Exile gets captured, it seems pretty weird so perhaps it's another bug (or the jedi master's force push is really forceful, heh).

EDIT:
the 2nd option worked I think. the Exile appeaered in Mira's room and Hanharr was around. Though I feel like a large chunk of the plot was left behind by doing so and I have no idea where I should go from there, this is my first playtrough.
Nevertheless I thank you.
 Tupac Amaru
06-26-2006, 7:19 PM
Okay, I will try these steps, but I find something in your guidance odd since the wookie kills her.My fault, I assumed you sided with Mira, but if you are darkside you get Hanharr instead. Yes, he does that with her.

Also, Kreia-Hanharr cutscene is taking place where the Exile gets captured, it seems pretty weird so perhaps it's another bug (or the jedi master's force push is really forceful, heh).It makes more sense if you had sided with Mira. OE didn't move the cutscene to a different place in case Hanharr joined you.

After the cutscene in Mira's appartment, you should be controlling T3trying to get the transponder codes in Vogga's warehouse. Then you haven't missed anything. :)

Are the variables while he modifiy while trigger these buggs?The variables are modified to work around the bug.
 Abelone
06-27-2006, 12:47 AM
How do I trigger the said cutscene? just talking to Hanharr, he doens't seem to trigger anything, he just open a nomral conversation (like you can have with every character)
 Yoda121
06-27-2006, 5:17 AM
If you are lightside, after the cutscene with Mira, I think (if I don't forget), your Playable Charachter will be Mira in Jekk' Jekk' Tar'. You should walk in Jekk' Jekk' Tar', and a cutscene will trigger with Visquis and Hanharr. After, your PC will be Exile and you should go in Jekk Jekk Tar to save Mira and find Zez Kai El.
When you are in ways hidden of Jekk' Jekk' Tar and you'll find the exit, a cutscene will trigger and your PC becomes T3...
When you did these things, ask me, if you don't succeed... :)
 Abelone
06-27-2006, 8:33 AM
Eh, problem is that I'm dark side.
 Yoda121
06-27-2006, 8:42 AM
Oki, It is similar. Mira go in Jekk' Jekk' Tar for we and, Visquis capture she.
Hanharr fight with she and he kill all mercenaries. :)
 Tupac Amaru
06-27-2006, 9:41 AM
How do I trigger the said cutscene? just talking to Hanharr, he doens't seem to trigger anything, he just open a nomral conversation (like you can have with every character) After you returned from the JekkJekk Tarr Tunnels, there should have been a cutscene where Hanharr says that the Exile has been captured and you need the transponder codes from Vogga's freighters. That should have triggered a new cutscene where the Pazaak Champ sells "you" to Vogga and you are now in his warehouse.Did you only get the first cutscene with Hanharr or none of the two?
 Yoda121
06-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Yes... always When Hanharr will open the door of Jekk Jekk Tar tunnels, your PC becomes Exile and you should go see Visquis in a Arena and, a cutscene will trigger. Visquis will die and, you'll return in Ebon Hawk with an other cutscene.
 Abelone
06-27-2006, 4:47 PM
After you returned from the JekkJekk Tarr Tunnels, there should have been a cutscene where Hanharr says that the Exile has been captured and you need the transponder codes from Vogga's freighters. That should have triggered a new cutscene where the Pazaak Champ sells "you" to Vogga and you are now in his warehouse.Did you only get the first cutscene with Hanharr or none of the two?

None, I'm just back at the appartment complax with Hanharr and the Exile as the playble character.
 Tupac Amaru
06-27-2006, 8:11 PM
None, I'm just back at the appartment complax with Hanharr and the Exile as the playble character.Can't see a way to trigger the Hanharr cutscene manually again. Only thing is to go on. Open your save in the Kotor Savegame Editor (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#kse), set the global boolean 303NAR_T3M4_Solo to "yes" and the number 300NAR_T3M4 to "1". Now go to Vogga's warehouse. That will trigger a cutscene wherethe Pazaak Champ sells you to B-5D8.The following sequence will play odd because you are supposed to be T3 at this point.
 Yoda121
06-28-2006, 9:10 AM
Never you are with Hanharr at the appartment complex. Me, if I lightside or DarkSide, Mira deaden me and goes in Jekk Jekk Tar in my diving-suit.
 Tupac Amaru
06-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Never you are with Hanharr at the appartment complex. Me, if I lightside or DarkSide, Mira deaden me and goes in Jekk Jekk Tar in my diving-suit.Yes, you are. As the original thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=164000) says the problems occur after the Exile has been captured by G0-T0 in Visquis' hideout. That is well past the events you describe.
 Yoda121
06-28-2006, 2:42 PM
After, you are captured by GO-TO, you go into Ebon Hawk and a cutscene appear. GO-TO goes with you in your group. It is a droid like those were in spaceship of GO-TO (which will destroy after your exit in Ebon Hawk). After your meeting with GO-TO, you will see Master Jedi Zez Kai El, and you'll must kill him. Finally, when you will kill Zez Kai El (who is very easy) Kreia will learn you a new Force Power/Lightsaber feat. :)
 Abelone
07-20-2006, 7:16 AM
Can't see a way to trigger the Hanharr cutscene manually again. Only thing is to go on. Open your save in the Kotor Savegame Editor (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#kse), set the global boolean 303NAR_T3M4_Solo to "yes" and the number 300NAR_T3M4 to "1". Now go to Vogga's warehouse. That will trigger a cutscene wherethe Pazaak Champ sells you to B-5D8.The following sequence will play odd because you are supposed to be T3 at this point.

Sorry to bumb month old thread, but I finally got to use the save editor, went to the werehouse and nothing special happened..
The droid at the corner tells me to report to some druid inside the werehouse, but the door is locked you can't bash or unlock it.
 Tupac Amaru
07-20-2006, 5:54 PM
Sorry to bumb month old thread, but I finally got to use the save editor, went to the werehouse and nothing special happened..
The droid at the corner tells me to report to some druid inside the werehouse, but the door is locked you can't bash or unlock it.The whereami armband (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#ae) can open any door in the game.
 Busunge
04-20-2011, 5:50 PM
Okay so I know this thread is a little dead and Im probably way late to this party, but this is the only solution I could find to my problem... Except the KSE isn't working for me at all, and I don't know how to fix it.

Im having a problem with the invitation Visquis sent right after the Red Eclipse. It played once for me, but then Atton got killed by the Twin Suns... I went back and reloaded to the point right before I get the cut scene at the for the invitation... But then nothing happened. I used the KSE to try and fix it, but none of my changes are sticking, even after I am hitting 'apply' and then 'commit changes'. Any help you have on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Thank yooou. It's been driving me nuts.
 Q
04-20-2011, 6:56 PM
What OS are you using?
 Busunge
04-21-2011, 1:48 AM
Windows7.

I havent been able to play this game for over 3 years because Vista sucked mega ass and always crashed the game on me though.
 Q
04-21-2011, 3:41 AM
Try installing the game according to the large-print instructions at the top of the second post in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194324) and it should run better for you.
 Busunge
04-21-2011, 6:57 AM
Is this to fix my Nar Shaddaa problem or to fix my KSE problem? Cos the mss32.dll link for the first one is broken... and I don't have a problem with the game crashing or anything. It runs perfectly on Windows7, I just don't know how to fix the invitation.

I followed the instructions exactly, and it didn't work... I'm thinking I might just have to save my game in a different file, uninstall then reinstall and if that doesn't work I might just have to start over... Which is gonna suck cos Nar Shaddaa was my last planet ><
 Q
04-21-2011, 4:38 PM
The link in the second post (which is where I directed you) is fine.

As for your problems with KSE and such, it's a strong possibility that it's a UAC permissions problem, which is why I strongly recommend installing the game using an administrator's account and running the game (and KSE) as an administrator.

Regarding Nar Shaddaa, that has always been buggy and you may have to go back to an even earlier save. Are you using any mods?
 Busunge
04-21-2011, 7:53 PM
Nope, no mods. Im running it with nothing but the patch... Im thinking I might just have to start over as I didn't have any previous saves. Which is why I was using the KSE ><
 Q
04-21-2011, 9:26 PM
Do yourself a favor and reinstall the game like I suggested. It'll prevent a lot of potential headaches in the future.

And no matter what OS you're running it on, save often and in several different slots. The KotOR games are quirky in the best of circumstances and saving a lot is a must. I usually do it every time I level up.
 Busunge
04-23-2011, 7:03 AM
As soon as I installed KotOR I (best of PC version) onto my computer the KSE started working and I got my bug problem on Nar Shaddaa fixed. I dunno what happened or how it fixed itself, but I played around and tested the KSE on K1 and it worked just fine... So I tried it on K2 and whatever was wrong, seemed to work itself out in the end. I have no idea how though lol.

I'm gonna save game files then reinstall K2 how you suggested... But I just wanted to say thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Sooo thanks very much ^^
 Qui-Gon Glenn
04-23-2011, 8:05 PM
^^^ I think that the BoPC version overwrites whatever SecuRom issues that come up with a pre-installed TSL. It is odd, but this jives with my memory of such an installation order. BoPC is a permanent member of my HDD, where TSL is not.
 ultimatemondy
05-10-2011, 4:58 AM
Hi I'm also stuck on Nar Shadda,

I finished all the quests including Goto's Yacht. After my return from the Yacht and the talk with the Jedi Master I return to the Ebon Hawk to leave Nar Shadda but when I enter the Ebon Hawk nothing happens. There seems to be some kind of bug with the whole "Eclipse takes over the Ebon Hawk". Because on my way back to the Ebon Hawk when I enter the Refugee Landing Pad and I walk the lafthand way the whole "Eclipse takes over the Ebon Hawk" Cut Scene starts over but when I enter the EH there's nobody in there (of course because I have finished the Eclipse quest long before) but the whole EH looks like it except thats nobody on board.

Maybe I can edit something with the savegame editor so that I can continue the game and leave Nar Shaddaa???

Would be awesome if somebody could help me with this.
 Q
05-10-2011, 6:03 AM
Are you using any mods like TSLRCM?
 ultimatemondy
05-10-2011, 6:10 AM
hey Q,

yes thats right, I use that mod. Any ideas how to solve the problem?
 Q
05-10-2011, 6:16 AM
I think that there's a fix for this over at the Deadlystream forums, which is the home of TSLRCM. After applying it you will probably have to go back to an earlier save.
 ultimatemondy
05-10-2011, 6:22 AM
okay, thanks I'll try to find the update on this forum.
 ultimatemondy
05-10-2011, 6:36 AM
I found something but don't understand it. do you know what to do here?:
"That's the Red Eclipse bug. But for now enable the cheats then use WARP 003EBO to continue on. "

how can I enable cheats and how do I use WARP 003EB0"?
 ultimatemondy
05-10-2011, 6:49 AM
okay, I found the bugfix on another site.

wow. I have to play Nar Shadda again completely...this is tough to swollow. maybe I rather wait for TSLRCM 1.8 and play the whole game again. :(
 Q
05-10-2011, 1:06 PM
Yeah, I figured that that was what you were going to have to do.

This illustrates why it's essential to keep an eye out for and install the latest fixes when playing with mods,.
Page: 1 of 1