Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

the underworld sounds like a fun faction to play...

Page: 1 of 1
 shadowsfm
06-22-2006, 9:04 AM
will they do anything to make rebs and imps to be more fun too? right now, it sounds like the fun factor is unbalanced.
 Wolfenstein1942
06-22-2006, 12:48 PM
I prefer fun gameplay rather than saying "Oh my gosh, this faction plays differently, so that somehow makes them funner."
 PoiuyWired
06-22-2006, 2:32 PM
I prefer a better storyline going along with gameplay.
 Isair
06-22-2006, 3:23 PM
I wouldn't worry about the Alliance and Empire not getting any new toys to play with, besides we haven't heard about the new ways that the other factions are supposed to counter the Pirates with yet.
 Darth Alec
06-26-2006, 2:34 AM
I sill think the empire will be fun, maybe not for my enemys though... But we are getting some new toys, so fun is garantied...
 shadowsfm
06-26-2006, 4:06 AM
any thoughts on how to make the deathstar fun?
 slornie
06-26-2006, 7:34 AM
the DS2 shouldnt be able to move really... i mean until its finished... then it should be destroyable by the millenium falcon and red sqaudron (both survive battle)

what i really want to know is whether they will be useable in campaign, etc... and whether the tech tree will be modified to include them... and whether the empire and rebel campaigns will be improved to take into account the new units and the extended timescale...
but FoC looks fun anyhow... (and when LoW comes out... even better...)
 Admiral Sith
06-26-2006, 12:02 PM
I hate my browser, can this be deleted?
 Admiral Sith
06-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Sounds a tad overpowered to me. Tanks that can take down AT-ATs easily, weapons that can somehow bypass shields(which is impossible btw), cloaking ships, and droideka's. The Empire and Rebels better get some kick ass new ships to counter these.
 PoiuyWired
06-26-2006, 3:09 PM
Well, consider that in the Demo everything have less life...

That, and remember the tougher something is, the more expensive it will be.

Oh, and if you hit it at the right place, even ATAT is not overly tough.
 shadowsfm
06-27-2006, 5:11 AM
the DS2 shouldnt be able to move really... i mean until its finished... then it should be destroyable by the millenium falcon and red sqaudron (both survive battle)

yeah, ds2 better not move. (but then what is the point of having it, planet deffence?) there has to be a more interesting way to destroy a deathstar then like how it is now. how about giving it hard points like the ssd?
 slornie
06-27-2006, 7:36 AM
bu then again... if the DSII cant move it isnt much use... but it obviously can move... as in the E3 clips... it is seen in a battle over Felucia... also where the Executor and Home One were destroyed... i just cant see how it can move while incomplete... i mean wouldnt there be a lot of excess stress on the framework when it jumps to hyperspace...
 shadowsfm
06-28-2006, 12:10 PM
it doesnt jump to hyperspace, we see the first ds in the game is very slow
 Admiral Sith
06-28-2006, 6:47 PM
The DSII was almost completly complete, the rest was pretty much cosmetic and living quarters. The DSII was also made of many layers of very strong material.
Page: 1 of 1