Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can You Play These on......

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthVandar205
06-16-2006, 9:34 PM
Okay I know im going to probably get a bit fat resounding NO as my answer for both questions but what the heck ill ask anyways just so I can be sure...

1. Can I play SW KOTOR/KOTOR 2 on the X-BOX 360?

2. On the X-BOX/X-BOX 360, is there any way to take screenshots like you can on the PC?

Reason im asking is that I wanna get an X-BOX but I wanna play KOTOR1/2 on it. Im just worried that if I get a regular X-BOX then everything will end up being for the X-BOX 360 and ill end up having a machine and not very many games to play on it.

I dont really wanna shell out the money for an X-BOX 360 unless I can play these games and any other X-BOX games on it. Id rather just have a regular X-BOX and play X-BOX games on it.

Theres not much out for the X-BOX 360 that I really want right now anyways.

Thanks for your time.
 The Doctor
06-17-2006, 1:53 PM
I don't think the 360 will be able to run KotOR or TSL, no.
 mjpb3
06-17-2006, 3:14 PM
 DarthVandar205
06-18-2006, 7:51 PM
KOTOR and TSL are on the list but they say you have to get a special hardrive addon for the xbox360 and you gotta get some silly update so itll work on there. Seems like too much of a hassle for me, id rather just get a regular xbox so i can just pop the game in and play it.
 mjpb3
02-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Just an FYI for anyone interested: KotOR and KotOR II are both backwards compatible for the XBox 360, but you need to download a special update (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardscompatibility.htm) from XBox.com to play them. This (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardscompatibility.htm#disc) is how my husband and I did it for our XBox 360. It's really very easy to do. All you need is a blank cd and a couple of minutes to download it, then copy it over to your XBox 360. :D

(The url for the update link is kind of tricky to find, so here's a link (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardscompatibilityredirect.htm) to it directly. Save this and put it on a BLANK cd disc then pop it in your 360 and copy it over. That's all. No biggie. :xp: )

BTW, the graphics for KotOR I and KotOR II on the 360 are AWESOME!!! Makes the XBox version look pitiful in comparison. We have the PC versions as well as the XBox versions of both games and the graphics for both on the 360 look almost (but not quite) as good as the PC games. ;)

(But the music is a tad glitchy on the 360. The voiceover work is okay, but the music doesn't meet up with the actions of the game(s) sometimes. More an annoyance than anything, really...)
 mimartin
02-22-2007, 3:31 PM
Thanks mjpb3, I'll try that. Been so busy playing Oblivion I haven't even looked at another game on the 360 yet, but I will go back to KOTOR and TSL sooner or later. Thanks again.
Page: 1 of 1