Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rank

Page: 1 of 1
 Master Yoda
08-02-2001, 10:51 PM
How come I cant change my rank??:confused:
 Kvan
08-02-2001, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Master Yoda
How come I cant change my rank??:confused:
HA! I'm not the only one?!
I could change mine a couple of days ago and now I can't! I think the mods took it away from us!! Why mods? WHY?!
 Paragon_Leon
08-03-2001, 6:35 AM
...because the most ludicrous titles were invented ?

They might have deleted it so that it's clear from their title that they are moderators. and people could change their title into 'Moderator' and start manipulating people.
that kind of stuff..
 Kvan
08-03-2001, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
...because the most ludicrous titles were invented ?

They might have deleted it so that it's clear from their title that they are moderators. and people could change their title into 'Moderator' and start manipulating people.
that kind of stuff..
That sucks! They should have told us first. I wanted a unique rank! :(
 ChrisC3po
08-03-2001, 12:44 PM
Actually what happened was someone accidentally selected the wrong option on custom titles, after a 1000 posts you will be allowed to have your own custom title. If we feel someone is misusing it we will remove their ability to add custom titles.

I didn’t realize so many people discovered that custom title thing. It was only up for a day or two…
 Kvan
08-03-2001, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by ChrisC3po
Actually what happened was someone accidentally selected the wrong option on custom titles, after a 1000 posts you will be allowed to have your own custom title. If we feel someone is misusing it we will remove their ability to add custom titles.

I didn’t realize so many people discovered that custom title thing. It was only up for a day or two…
OMG! You responded!! Thanks for the info. I thought it was just me not knowing how to do it! Just like that email thing......:(
I got a question, why do some people have custom titles still? Do you just like them better? :)
 Darth_Rommel
08-03-2001, 12:52 PM
I guess it was a limted time offer ;)
 Paragon_Leon
08-03-2001, 12:56 PM
ChrisC3po,
thanks. that clears it.

would you know by any chance if there will be features added to the forums in the future, like posting recorded games, scenario-reviews, new forums, the works... ?!
 ChrisC3po
08-03-2001, 1:26 PM
Kvan, to answer your question, I have to do remove the custom titles manually. I want to be fair to everyone so all the custom titles will be removed. You where actually the only I noticed before this...

Paragon_Leon we don’t really have anything major planned for the next few weeks. We would like to create a way for users to post saved games and mods on this board though. If you have suggestions for new forums please let me know.
 Kvan
08-03-2001, 1:32 PM
Originally posted by ChrisC3po
Kvan, to answer your question, I have to do remove the custom titles manually. I want to be fair to everyone so all the custom titles will be removed. You where actually the only I noticed before this...

Paragon_Leon we don’t really have anything major planned for the next few weeks. We would like to create a way for users to post saved games and mods on this board though. If you have suggestions for new forums please let me know.
OIC, I'm sorry you have to manually remove them, must suck to be you right now :)
BTW Since you are actually responding to what I ask :D I have a suggestion, I think you need a mod for the nightime people. I've been on at night and haven't seen a mod at all. I think that Rommel would make a great mod :D
Really though you might consider getting one.
 Darth_Rommel
08-03-2001, 1:34 PM
Gosh gee! Thanks Kvan! Actually I think Paragon_Leon would make a darn good mod (since he's posting all night anyways j/k ;) )
 Kvan
08-03-2001, 1:36 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
Gosh gee! Thanks Kvan! Actually I think Paragon_Leon would make a darn good mod (since he's posting all night anyways j/k ;) )
But Leon is mean :D
 Darth_Rommel
08-03-2001, 1:38 PM
How so? :confused: I think TIE guy would also make n excellent mod
 ChrisC3po
08-03-2001, 1:40 PM
We definitely do need some dedicated mods for this board. I'll probably let the staffers who surf this forum more frequently pick them out. But if you guys have a few suggestions I’ll definitely keep them in mind.
 Kvan
08-03-2001, 1:41 PM
How so? :confused: Help you I can :yoda:
Just joking, he is a little too serious. No offense leon! All his posts make sense. ALL of them! Can you believe that!? :D
 Darth_Rommel
08-03-2001, 1:42 PM
And he posts so many of those *shudders* serious posts :p
 Kvan
08-03-2001, 1:45 PM
And he posts so many of those *shudders* serious posts :p
It's frightening, to say the least!
 Tie Guy
08-03-2001, 2:15 PM
Thanks for the info, i'm hoping to get a unique rank soon. :D

While your here....... Why can't we add attachments to our messages anymore? I wanted to send someone an avatar, but got a strange suprise instead, we no longer could post files. Any help here would be hot. :D
 ChrisC3po
08-03-2001, 2:19 PM
Well I'm sure you guys have noticed our server problems lately. We really don't have much room on this server, so we had to remove the option to include files. Hopefully this will change when we move the network.
 Kvan
08-03-2001, 2:20 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Thanks for the info, i'm hoping to get a unique rank soon. :D

While your here....... Why can't we add attachments to our messages anymore? I wanted to send someone an avatar, but got a strange suprise instead, we no longer could post files. Any help here would be hot. :D
How hot would it be :)
Why not send the avatar through email?
 Paragon_Leon
08-03-2001, 2:20 PM
No offense taken, Kvan !
I'm actually kind of happy because i can refer to that remark if people start claiming that i spam on the forums.

I'm not sure about being a moderator yet.. it would probably require being online every day for a pretty long time. In october (you know, when i get cable...) it could be a possibility. We'll see what happens. They will probably start picking people only after several weeks.
 Kvan
08-03-2001, 2:25 PM
No offense taken, Kvan !
I'm actually kind of happy because i can refer to that remark if people start claiming that i spam on the forums.

I'm not sure about being a moderator yet.. it would probably require being online every day for a pretty long time. In october (you know, when i get cable...) it could be a possibility. We'll see what happens. They will probably start picking people only after several weeks.
Ohhhhh....cable modem......
Being a mod would kind of suck! You would HAVE to be on a lot.
 Paragon_Leon
08-04-2001, 12:50 PM
Exactly. And since i'm going to be on holiday for almost a month end of september, and will have to cover a few festivals here in August, I'm bound to be out a lot.

But i will check in regularly. bet on it.
 Tie Guy
08-04-2001, 8:14 PM
If the posting of the current mods has anything to say about it, you wouldn't have to be on that much. :D Anyways, i have nothing better to do anyways, except play AOK, and then theres school in 2 weeks.
 Darth_Rommel
08-04-2001, 9:49 PM
School in two weeks? AHHHHHH!!! :D
 Kvan
08-04-2001, 10:22 PM
School in two weeks? AHHHHHH!!! :D
Oh, thats right you guys are in highschool!
College starts soon too, but I mostly have computer classes so I should be on just as much. :P
 Tie Guy
08-04-2001, 11:22 PM
gonna cheat and post during class eh? I wish i still went to my old school cause we had laptops and dsl wireless connection so i could be on during class, that would be great. Oh well, too late now i guess.
 Kvan
08-04-2001, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
gonna cheat and post during class eh? I wish i still went to my old school cause we had laptops and dsl wireless connection so i could be on during class, that would be great. Oh well, too late now i guess.
WTF!? You had laptops AND DSL Wireless!? I don't like you, go away! :D
 Darth Vader
08-05-2001, 9:38 AM
for the good of the website I will be a mod! :D
 Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 9:55 AM
Did you get the actual question then or are you kidding there ? :D

Seriously; I'm considering it. We'll see what happens.
 Young David
08-05-2001, 10:59 AM
If they'd asked me I would probably refuse. Altough I have cable modem I am not willing to spend a lot of time here ... especially when I have GB :)

But Leon being a mod is another sweet victory for our country (I know, I know ... there are more amarican mods here, but you name a few amarican mods on dutch forums, huh)
 Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 2:06 PM
Originally posted by Kvan

WTF!? You had laptops AND DSL Wireless!? I don't like you, go away! :D

Yes, i went to a small, top class (but not rich), private school. It was part of a test program, and it was awesome.

BTW, Congrats Leon.

And Dave, i don't think i would turn down an offer to be a mod, although i don't know if i would recieve one either. And, i don't know of any Dutch forums. :D
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 2:09 PM
Tie? You being a Mod? HAHA! :D
Congrats Leon! Good thing I sucked up to you before you became a mod! I'm your friend right ;)
 Boba Rhett
08-05-2001, 4:33 PM
*Watches Leon shoot Kvan in the face for asking him a question.*

*GULP*

*runs off to get Leon his favorite beverage, magazines and chips*
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 4:37 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
*Watches Leon shoot Kvan in the face for asking him a question.*

*GULP*

*runs off to get Leon his favorite beverage, magazines and chips*
I got shot in the face for asking a rhetorical question? Harsh boards! ;)
 Boba Rhett
08-05-2001, 4:47 PM
I just realized I'm going to be practically alone here while all you guys are at school. :(
 Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 4:47 PM
harsh indeed... :D
i try to be on everybody's good side, but not at the cost of these boards or their content. so if there's too much post-wasting on a thread, i'll either cut it off, delete some posts that really say nothing or move the thread altogether. Don't worry, you know it'll make sense once it happens in the future.. ;)
 Boba Rhett
08-05-2001, 4:50 PM
Well, lots of us here have a tendancy to rant. You don't mind a little bit of that do ya? ;)
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 4:54 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Well, lots of us here have a tendancy to rant. You don't mind a little bit of that do ya? ;)
I hope he doesn't. *I* see it like this, if the person posting isn't mean and no one complains, I say don't touch the thread....but thats just me :)
Anyway, Rhett I'll still be here, I'll just be posting from my school :D
 Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 4:54 PM
...not as long as there's a discussion on the side.. :p

Speaking of which: what would you people prefer as title for Senate-members ? I'll take that into consideration once i draft the first proposal.
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 4:56 PM
...not as long as there's a discussion on the side.. :p

Speaking of which: what would you people prefer as title for Senate-members ? I'll take that into consideration once i draft the first proposal.
Senator :D
 Boba Rhett
08-05-2001, 5:02 PM
Yeah, what else would you call it? :)
 Young David
08-05-2001, 5:02 PM
A senator ... hmmm ... makes kinda sense doesn't it?

I'd vote for senator too
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 5:04 PM
I suppose we could also have some thing like Senator of Naboo, Senator of Dagobah...stuff like that
 darthfergie
08-05-2001, 5:23 PM
Yes, but how would you decide who is from where?
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 5:26 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
Yes, but how would you decide who is from where?
Either when you vote for the person you say which Senator he/she is OR the mods make up all the Senator positions and fill them with the people we selected
 Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 7:06 PM
Right now i'm leaning towards that idea, Kvan.. A set number of Senators is more manageable..
thanks for the input ! (you're not by any change solliciting, are you ? ;) )
 darthfergie
08-05-2001, 7:11 PM
New Guy to Site for Senator!!!!!!!!
Darthfergie!!!!!!:D
This site is great I love the discussion!!:D
And yes I am sucking up to the designers here:D
 Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 9:42 PM
How bout we have one seat for every 20 or 30 or whatever number of people on the Forums. That way, the senate would grow as more people came. And, right now we'd have like 10 senators, but if we grew a lot, we could have a big senate.

Anyways, about the names, we could have like, "Defense Secretary" who could head up the multiplayer matches. "Supreme Chancellor", who would head the meetings, and so on....

Or we could just stick with senators, and a Supreme Chancellor, ehich would probably be good enough.
Page: 1 of 1