Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mod chip and XBOX modding.

Page: 1 of 1
 moranos
06-07-2006, 8:15 PM
Hokay, here's the thing. I heard about something called a "mod chip." I am assuming this is action replay or gameshark or something of that sort. This is all to mod on xbox. I know it's possible, and I'd like to do it. There are some things i'd like to try. But first I need to know what a mod chip is, if I need an ftp program and exactly what to do with it all. Any ideas?
 mjpb3
06-07-2006, 9:08 PM
You don't necessarily NEED a mod chip to mod your XBox if you just want to mod Kotor and/or Kotor 2.

You can do what is called a soft mod. Check over in the XBox Discussions (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=623) for some reads on how to do a soft mod.

Also, try http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox-tutorials.php)

HTH :D
 reven0123
06-21-2006, 7:23 AM
dont think ill bother modding my xbox im fairly knowledge with consoles and pcs but this goes right over my head.
 mjpb3
06-21-2006, 9:18 AM
dont think ill bother modding my xbox im fairly knowledge with consoles and pcs but this goes right over my head.
LOL! It's really not as hard as it seems, just a little technical.

Believe me, if I can mod my XBox, anyone can. :D
 The Source
07-04-2006, 1:41 PM
I thought all you need to do is just hook up a network cable between the PC and Xbox, and then try to find the I.P. through Network Neighborhood?
 Xbx_Inthusiast
07-05-2006, 5:34 PM
Nope, you have to mod your xbox first before you get to see the xbox's IP. I've modded about 7 xboxs all together and only one has failed. The whole time I used splinter cell (very first, non-platinum hits) and an Action Replay Max. There are boatloads of tutorials at www.se7ensins.com) but that site is off and on due to a new server. As well as www.xbox-scene.com) . Or, if you have any questions, just ask me. Oh, and for the FTP program, FlashFXP it's a trial but it's a long trial, I've never run out yet :D.
 mjpb3
07-05-2006, 6:44 PM
^^^ We used Splinter Cell as well, and I use Window's FTP program to transfer my stuff to our XBox. We also set up our connection with a router and an ethernet cable.
 AlBundy
07-22-2006, 11:52 PM
I read through some tutorials on the links you posted, as well as others, and all this is very confusing, and I dont have nay of the resources needed (splinter cell or that 007game etc) or know anything about this FTP stuff, or cables and what not.

So I was wondering if I could get some help from someone in making a gamesave for TSL? I've been making some tweaked items in KT and i want to play with them on my Xbox...I have an AReplay and if someone could help me put these on a save I would be very grateful.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
07-23-2006, 12:19 AM
Currently, the only way to have a tweaked game file for XBox would be modding. You can't used KT or KSE to edit save files or anything and expect them to work in the XBox. Both systems (PC and XBox) all have different signatures for save files. And you can't port save files from the PC to the XBox without having a corrupt save. Fortunately, Redhawke is a modder and has some fantastic saves for KOTOR and KOTOR 2 on his personal site, if you havn't been there yet. I highly recommend it.
 RedHawke
07-23-2006, 3:04 AM
Fortunately, Redhawke is a modder and has some fantastic saves for KOTOR and KOTOR 2 on his personal site, if you havn't been there yet. I highly recommend it.
I do? When did this happen? :xp:

I think Xbx_Inthusiast is referring to someone else. ;)
 Xbx_Inthusiast
07-24-2006, 4:48 AM
Really? I must have. :lol: Actually, it must have been someone else.. >_> forgot their name.
 balaco
08-22-2006, 8:20 PM
His name is StormSinger and you can find his saves at http://home.alltel.net/jls31/).
Page: 1 of 1