Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Arc Hammer

Page: 1 of 1
 wedge2211
06-05-2006, 8:44 PM
The chat transcript says that all three phases of Dark Trooper will be produced on the Arc Hammer, "a special Star Destroyer." This opens up a whole new way to produce units--at mobile factories. It's also a pretty cool nod to Dark Forces.

I have to wonder, though, if this new ship will give Kyle Katarn a more prominent role in the game. Perhaps Kyle could be sent on a mission to take out the Arc Hammer, as the Rebellion paid him to do in DF, or he could make a Red Squadron-style trench run...
 Darth Andrew
06-05-2006, 9:01 PM
I really like this idea. It will be really be cool to chase it down, like a sort of ghost ship. When ever you locate it through some good intel, by the time a strike force gets there, its gone. I also hope that it looks like what it's supposed to.
 lukeiamyourdad
06-06-2006, 2:56 AM
True, it's indeed very interesting to see how the expansion will handle this element.

I don't think that Kyle Katarn will be the only way to destroy the Arc Hammer. Afterall, it is a spaceship :) It's not impervious to good old torpedoes :)
 Darth Anarch
06-06-2006, 7:44 AM
I like the idea of a mobile space factory. Like a smaller space station, only it can (presumably) hyperspace away.

And speaking of Kyle Katarn... doesn't his ship, the Mouldy Crow, reside in the game code somewhere? They might implement it in the expansion and use it as an additional way of taking out the Arc Hammer. As in you can either do a full-on space assault and take it out the conventional way, or send Katarn on a solo mission to do the job.
 YertyL
06-06-2006, 7:55 AM
The chat transcript says that all three phases of Dark Trooper will be produced on the Arc Hammer, "a special Star Destroyer." This opens up a whole new way to produce units--at mobile factories. It's also a pretty cool nod to Dark Forces.
Quoted for emphasis :D
I also really love the idea of the Dark Troopers being produced in a mobile factory ship - besides being a cool story element it also makes the Dark Trooper a very special unit that you can't just build on every planet.

Kyle Katarn ftw. :D
 PoiuyWired
06-06-2006, 1:34 PM
Now the Corrupt Pirates can have something like that too... with experimental Ties!!!!

Wishful thinking?
 wedge2211
06-06-2006, 5:06 PM
If they don't have them already, you could certainly mod the Arc Hammer into a TIE/X control ship that builds squadrons. This might also be a great boon to Clone Wars-era mods--Separatist carriers could manufacture droid starfighters!
 Yadiel
06-06-2006, 9:51 PM
Yep I would really like to see it as it should be, and hope we can move it as any other ship in the game.

In battle, well i guess it should be more less like any other space station, with enought fire power to defend itself(it's supposed to be heavily armed, like a ISD), but with slow mobility not makeing it ideal for offensive assaults.

http://www.galacticempiredatabank.com/ArcHammer.jpg)
 slornie
06-09-2006, 8:42 AM
how will the rebels be able to stop it escaping into hyperspace... wouldnt it just jump like the avenger in the current empire campaign ?
 YertyL
06-10-2006, 11:37 AM
By disabling the engines ...?
 Isair
06-10-2006, 2:15 PM
Disabling it's engines is one possibility, assuming the opponent isn't hellbent to retreating as soon as he can as y-wings are slow to move. Another would be having Tarkin in that same fleet (would be ironic if he was on the Arc Hammer) since I *think* all heroes will be present in GC but not in the campaign as after all by the expansion's timeline he's a few decades dead.
 Arc Commando 14
06-10-2006, 9:12 PM
What if the Arc Hammer is like the DS and only the rebels can destroy it, and to do that they need to win a tactical battle with the Mouldy Crow in their fleet, then it will go to a cut scene showing the Hammer's destruction
 Darth Andrew
06-11-2006, 12:08 AM
Though an interesting possibility, why couldn't you just blow it up with a fleet?
 mattwild
06-11-2006, 4:43 AM
I don't THINK it's that much bigger than a normal Star Destroyer, so I would vote for blowing it into the middle of next week with an ordinary fleet.
 wedge2211
06-11-2006, 11:01 AM
I'd opt for both: the frontal assault, or the subtle stabbing blow.
 mattwild
06-11-2006, 11:06 AM
With cloaked ships perhaps? :-)
 PoiuyWired
06-11-2006, 2:06 PM
What if the Arc Hammer is like the DS and only the rebels can destroy it, and to do that they need to win a tactical battle with the Mouldy Crow in their fleet, then it will go to a cut scene showing the Hammer's destruction

Would be wonderful for the story mode.

Also nice if the "picture" for Moldy Crow/ Raven's Claw in the game shows not Kyle but Jan.
 magna mandaloe
06-15-2006, 3:49 PM
Jan Mod anyone? And by this time Kyle would have the Ravens Claw.
 Yadiel
06-15-2006, 4:13 PM
I think that all the Jerec conflict took place 1 Year after the battle of Endor, so we should still have the moldy in the expansion.
 wedge2211
06-15-2006, 4:53 PM
Yeah, the Dark Jedi were active after the Battle of Endor and the founding of the New Republic. The Raven's Claw only came into Kyle's possession after he gave up the ways of the Force.
 HerbieZ
06-16-2006, 6:56 AM
It would be nice to impliment a tad more Dark Forces content into the game. I was always a huge fan of those games.
 Darth Anarch
06-16-2006, 4:52 PM
Would be nice if they made Kyle Katarn available as a hero in Galactic Conquest as well.
 Yadiel
06-16-2006, 6:34 PM
yes I'm praying for that, i really want to see Kyle in GC (and if he's already a jedi it would be super).

I still think that it would be a better choice for the campaign EaW to use Kyle instead of Han, I'm not against Han, but as far as I knew Mon Mothma didn't knew of Han 'till ANH, and we know from Dark Forces, that she tended to use Kyle a lot =(. Well anyway I hope he has a greater role here(and I hope he wins some position in the fan's choice figure of Hasbro XD)
 WarlokLord
06-18-2006, 2:19 PM

This is the sort of innovative design out of Petroglyph that makes me look forward so much to further entries in the series... not only is tagging a special star destroyer as producer of 'X' unit a cool idea, it is indeed a wonderful nod to what is still the best Star Wars first-person shooter.

I would think one could destroy the Arc Hammer like any other starship.
 HerbieZ
06-20-2006, 6:47 AM
Like someone said, it's counter could be that the Moldy Crow has to get close enough for kyle to counter it. :D
 Gavin Galicnar
07-11-2006, 8:03 AM
Disabling it's engines is one possibility, assuming the opponent isn't hellbent to retreating as soon as he can as y-wings are slow to move. Another would be having Tarkin in that same fleet (would be ironic if he was on the Arc Hammer) since I *think* all heroes will be present in GC but not in the campaign as after all by the expansion's timeline he's a few decades dead.

Tarkin is already dead by the end of ANH. he was om the death star. But Arc Hammer? it is acually quite capable of combat though.
Page: 1 of 1