Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

XP Install Problems

Page: 1 of 1
 Jockey
06-05-2006, 1:54 PM
Heya, I've been having some real problems with my XWA install. I load up the CD, fine. Open the installer, fine. When I click the "Install" button, I get the whoosh. THen, the installer opens up. It takes FOREVER to turn on the installshield. Now the problem starts. Everything has numbers in front of it. Instead of saying "xwingalliance install", it says "/insta090xwingalliance". What is up with this? I'll throw a screenie up here if you guys need it.
 Wildstar
06-05-2006, 3:30 PM
You might try throwing a screenshot up in the Soft/Hardware Problems forum @ XWA Upgrade (http://www.xwaupgrade.com). I've never encountered a problem like yours, so I'm hoping one of the more experienced users there will be able to help you.
 BattleDog
06-07-2006, 1:11 PM
Hmmm, interesting problem, what version of XP are you running?
 Wildstar
06-07-2006, 3:54 PM
BD, the gang @ XWA Upgrade tracked down the problem. It was just a dirty optical drive. :)
 BattleDog
06-08-2006, 5:58 AM
You know, it is a little counter productive sending everyone over there.
Page: 1 of 1