Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mac Builds

Page: 1 of 1
 ck-killa
06-04-2006, 1:21 AM
How do you make mac builds with the JKA SDK? What compiler is required? And do I have to use OJP's //[mac] tags to make it compatable?
 ensiform
06-04-2006, 3:40 AM
didnt know ojp had mac compatability, and no the tags arent picked up by anything but his cvs thats just tagging it so that it knows whats what. slider has made a mac client for JA+, ask him i guess.
 redsaurus
06-05-2006, 12:31 PM
You need access to a mac in order to make a mac build. If you do have access to one, you'll need the Apple Developer Tools really for compiling.

If not, I'd be happy to do a mac compile of your ClanMod, but I'm rather busy with exams this week, so it would have to wait until at least the weekend.
 razorace
06-08-2006, 5:23 PM
The Apple Developer Tools can do cross compiling?
 ensiform
06-08-2006, 7:13 PM
gcc can for linux and windows, not sure bout mac though.
 redsaurus
06-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Not cross-compiling, I just meant that you need the Apple Developer Tools (and the contained gcc) to compile on a mac.
 bzug0
06-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Just an ideia to this discussion but you can emulate the mac os using vmware, for example. Then you have a "mac" on your pc xD
 ck-killa
06-09-2006, 2:29 PM
With an emulater, can you compile into mac?

Also, redsaurus, I added your MSN and AIM, will you be on them this weekend? I'm looking forward to your helping me build a mac compile.
 ensiform
06-09-2006, 2:57 PM
Just an ideia to this discussion but you can emulate the mac os using vmware, for example. Then you have a "mac" on your pc xD

yes but how would you get it on your pc from there, most utilities you cant copy/paste especially if the vmware isnt emulating windows. suppose you could setup an ftp though.
 ck-killa
06-09-2006, 2:58 PM
FTP or I use a small USB storage thing to get it from my windows to linux.
 ensiform
06-09-2006, 3:00 PM
the only prob with using vm is you wont get good performance out of it.
 ck-killa
06-09-2006, 3:20 PM
Has anyone got this error before. You type in /forcepowers (1-any #) and itll be fine, but when you type in /set forcepowers (1-any #) it crashes server? How would I fix that ensiform? Your a genious at fixing crashes and glitches.
 razorace
06-09-2006, 3:38 PM
wow, that was off topic.
 ck-killa
06-09-2006, 3:57 PM
No its not, I have to know this about my mod also. Ensiform seems to be the only one here able to tell me the fix.
 razorace
06-09-2006, 4:48 PM
ouch, burn. Personally, I've never heard of this particular error, but I'll admit that I don't use that command very often.
 ck-killa
06-09-2006, 4:50 PM
Someone sent me an email saying its a huge glitch in the JK2 base code, and a problem in my mod. And for the life of me I cant figure out how to fix it.
 razorace
06-10-2006, 1:58 AM
JK2 or JKA?
 ck-killa
06-10-2006, 1:59 AM
My mod is for JKA. The glitch is in JK2, and some JKA mods im told. But I know it crashes my mod in servers. Need to find a fix.
 bzug0
06-12-2006, 8:33 AM
about vmware you can create a shared folder with windows/linux, you just need to install vmware tools. But about the performance when the vm tools are installed it gets better but It will always suck :s.
 ensiform
06-12-2006, 10:22 AM
get a ftp and get yourself a copy of ubuntu or kubuntu and run a live cd then make sure u got gcc. download ur mod from ftp. make the .so, upload the .so. for linux anyway you could do that instead of running vmlame. if u have an intel mac you can run ubuntu at least on an intel mac.
 ck-killa
06-12-2006, 10:24 AM
Ensiform, I know how to build by Linux, I made several builds, I use Fedora Core 5. I dont know how to make MAC builds.
 ck-killa
06-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Ok I fully tested the crashing command.

Join a server.

First I made a script that says
set forcepowers 1

Saved it in a config file
crash.cfg

Typed this in console
/exec crash

Quickly join spectator. Boom crashes.

I tried this on several mods, some public servers, some on my local computer.

OJP (all versions) <--- public and local
Clan Mod (all versions) <---- public and local
Xmod (all versions) <--- public test, not local
JAE (all versions) <--- public test, not local
MakerMod <--- public test, not local

JA+ <--- immune, wont work
LugorMod <--- immune, wont work

It doesn't crash me out, just gives the server an error and poof, stops working. If anyone knows how to fix it, that would be the best. Till then, its going to be a huge exploit probobly. No other mods can run except those two on jk3 safely.

NOTE: I did some build testing and found a temporary solution. If I build in DEBUG it'll be fine. If I build in Final or Release, this exploit will work.
 ensiform
06-14-2006, 10:12 AM
the reason is its expecting specific data in the cvar and i think it is only crashing you (the client who executes it) so no worries.

cvar example: set forcepowers "7-1-333000000330003330"

correct me if im wrong but the 7 is max force rank ( jedi master )

and the 1 is force side and here 1 is light and 2 is dark.

then the rest is all the force values, dont try and do anything cute and set them all to 3 cuz im pretty sure that wont work.
 ck-killa
06-14-2006, 1:05 PM
crashing you (the client who executes it) so no worries.

Wow, I wish it was. I tested it on xmod public servers. All versions, crashed every single one. Yeah, I know, thats an attack on peoples servers, but I think it was for the best. I used All Seeing Eye to see what mods were up and tested it on those mods. Public means I went to someone elses servers and tested it and ended up crashing them.

The only way to crash is to go inside their server, went into my buddy Necrom's server, told him, "wanna see me crash this server?" response - "Yes. Go ahead, crash it." Boom crashed, 3 seconds later he contacts me on MSN saying HOW DID YOU DO THAT!

I'm serious man, its a server thing. It gives JAMPDED an error and closes the server automatically. If you build in debug for some reason this exploit wont work. JA+ and Lugormod wont work on. I asked the author of Lugormod what he builds in, and sure enough he answered DEBUG. That's the only way to fix it that I know of.

RazorAce thinks I should check out the #ifdef DEBUG code tags.
Page: 1 of 1