Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Eclipse ?

Page: 1 of 1
 Ocelot
06-02-2006, 8:11 PM
Will it be unit that can built? And can it fire its superlaser at crap?
I already know the Deathstar 2 and its superlaser will be thier(their?).
 Yadiel
06-02-2006, 8:47 PM
there

and well I guess that the superlaser will have a great delay, and that will be an ability like concentrate fire from the Home One (i hope for the delay to be at least twice that of concentrate fire) ...any way Home One will sure be the first to die in a player against player with the Eclipse if it can be used in GC or skirmish
 Darth Anarch
06-03-2006, 9:28 AM
I hereby reiterate my theory that the Eclipse will be a background unit (like the Death Star) that will not enter combat but rather fire its superlaser at certain intervals.

Other opinions, anyone?
 mattwild
06-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Could end up being a space-faring hypervelocity cannon.
 Darth Andrew
06-03-2006, 12:48 PM
I hereby reiterate my theory that the Eclipse will be a background unit (like the Death Star) that will not enter combat but rather fire its superlaser at certain intervals.

Other opinions, anyone?I second your thought, good Darth Anarch! Care to join me in tea and crumpits? :p

Anyway, I agree. In all the videos so far, it looks out of the battle, and has a button on the command bar to fire it's super laser exactly like the Death Star. Plus, it's so large that it wouldn't be able to move effectively under the player's commands. However, not all info has been released yet, so it just might be an actual unit.
 Darth Alec
06-03-2006, 1:02 PM
It's way to big to by a real unit. Even the executor seems a little to big.
 Marsman2020
06-04-2006, 8:38 AM
I really hope it is an actual unit. Come on, tons of turbolasers!
 Darth Anarch
06-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Relax, there will be tons and tons of turbolasers on the Executor.
 The Death Star
06-04-2006, 3:57 PM
 Yadiel
06-04-2006, 8:57 PM
...yep =( it seems like it will be in the background to me, look how the star destroyer is over the eclipse, that can't be done with actual units, cause we dont have z axis.

It will lock weird to see an asteroid field over the eclipse in the middle of the battle X_x hahahah

=( i really wanted to have those to SSD in battle as actual units =(
 Yadiel
06-04-2006, 9:07 PM
...forget my commentary, i just saw the E3 video again, and the ISD can do exactly the same with the executor, i mean to be over them, and the executor dont apper as a gigantic triangle in the radar screen o whatever that screen is called.

so it can still be an actual unit, who knows.
 Admiral Sith
06-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Um yeah, the Z level is accessible in the XMLs. Put a Corvette over a Mon Cal one day and use C to look around.
 jake123456
06-05-2006, 1:46 PM
I hope that it is not going to be in the background, that will suck. But if it will be like the death star, then how would we be able to destroy it?
 Yadiel
06-05-2006, 2:41 PM
Lando XD hahaha or another hero like him.
I agree with u, I really hope its an actual unit with lots of hardpoints, I dont care if game is unbalanced XD, maybe we can omit that unit on multiplayer. This time i dont care of the consecuences of bringing that thing as an actual unit XD i just want to see it.

Maybe it can be the emperor space unit, and if u destroy it emp is done for, like the DS, that way u can use that great power, but at great risk.
 Admiral Raven
06-05-2006, 4:27 PM
Except the empire isn't getting the Eclipse...
 Admiral Sith
06-05-2006, 4:37 PM
You have to steal it from them, so i would say they would.
 Yadiel
06-05-2006, 10:29 PM
well then maybe its tyber flag ship, to my point its the same, if u blow it u win.
=P
 Darth Anarch
06-06-2006, 7:29 AM
Could be, could be... I wonder what you'd have to do to blow it, though.
Page: 1 of 1