Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hoodless Kreia

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Jester
05-26-2006, 12:12 AM
Just wondering if there is a mod around for kreia so you see her without her hood (i have seen the img on wokieepedia)
when i was looking at sith lords hope someone understands what im trying to ask
Reference pic http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i318/nathan_b16/Random/Kreiaeyes_292x320.jpg)
 zadi
05-26-2006, 1:11 AM
I know "hoodless Kreia" can be recreated with a glitch in the game but off hand I've only seen her hoodless during the Masters conversation on Dantooine towards the end of the game.
 RedHawke
05-26-2006, 1:23 AM
There was a discussion about this in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150262), but I don't remember if anything was released or done about it. :(
 Darth Jester
05-26-2006, 6:42 AM
There was a discussion about this in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150262), but I don't remember if anything was released or done about it. :(
Thanks for the help Zadi & Red Hawke. if someone knows how it can be done could they please tell me?
 Darth Raum
05-26-2006, 10:13 AM
There was a scene somewhere in the game that removed her hood. Team Gizka is currently working to restore this.
 Jolly Boots
05-26-2006, 11:00 AM
If I recall correctly, the person who made that image said he inserted an animation for one of her dlgs for her to take off her hood however, the hood doesn't stay down when you transit from module to module.
 Darth Jester
05-26-2006, 12:09 PM
so basically there is no way for her hood to stay off/down permanantly?
 Shem
05-26-2006, 9:44 PM
 The_Maker
05-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Been photoshopping again have we Shem? :xp:

Anyhow, I believe that is more or less the ultimate extent of the effect.

(In English)
That's about all you can do it terms of hood movement without going into modeling, playing the 'hood up' animation (forgot the exact number) and then just choosing the correct dialogue node each time you switch to a new module if you want it to return to the down position, just be careful however if you set the animation to a dialogue node that will always play (Like the 'Yes? Have you come with questions?' line) then the hood will continuosly (sp) go straight back up then down again. It's rather a glitch in the Nwn dialogue engine so-to-speak. :/

Anyways, hope that helps.
 Shem
05-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Been photoshopping again have we Shem? :xp:Actually that was not photoshoped in any way shape or form. :D
 EnderWiggin
05-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Hey Shem!

Care to explain that? Does it have anything to do with influence, gender, planet, or Revan settings?

_EW_
 Master Kavar
05-26-2006, 10:26 PM
That was wrong on so many levels Shem. o_O
 The_Maker
05-26-2006, 11:55 PM
Hmmm, an 80 year old Kreia flirting with an Exile.

Kinky =P

But I have sworn to secerecy and shall not reveal Shem's secerets. ;)

Go Go S words O_o
 ABCoLD
05-27-2006, 1:07 AM
A similar picture is available on the Team-Gizka site under their work in progress or work updates screen or somesuch.
 Kainzorus Prime
05-27-2006, 3:41 AM
Yea.

she would take the hood off during exile's meeting with jedi masters in the enclave
 Shem
05-27-2006, 6:54 AM
 Darth Jester
05-28-2006, 11:49 PM
so if i ask politely can someone tell me which nodes etc to edit so she will do the hood up/down thing?
 Shem
05-29-2006, 1:17 AM
so if i ask politely can someone tell me which nodes etc to edit so she will do the hood up/down thing?RedHawke in reply #3 gives a link to a thread that explains how. :D
 Darth Jester
05-29-2006, 1:21 AM
heh yah i meant in easy english lol sorry if i sounded silly then but it was hard to understand the tech tlk
 Shem
05-29-2006, 3:43 AM
heh yah i meant in easy english lol sorry if i sounded silly then but it was hard to understand the tech tlkHere is your answer.

I added the 10507 (Hood off) animation to her "Have you come with questions?" dialog node, making her pull back her hood whenever you talk to her (and then usually pull it back up when done talking with the 10508 animation). :)I'll play off of Stoffe's answer.

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/6868/originalalt8dm.jpg)
See the red arrow? That is where the list of animations you can add. See the blue arrow? There is where you click and drag the animation to.

I hope this works because I can't explain it better than that.
 Darth Jester
05-29-2006, 3:49 AM
Thank you shem. my next question where do i find a dlg editor (sorry if im being a pain in the rear end)
 Shem
05-29-2006, 4:14 AM
It's on this page somewhere.

http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php)
 Darth Jester
05-29-2006, 4:41 AM
Found it thank's again shem these threads have saved my tail once more. now which of kreais dlg files do i edit or is it the main tlk file i edit?
 dartmihai
05-29-2006, 7:43 AM
Hey Shem, Why don't you make a mod to download? :)
 Darth Jester
05-29-2006, 7:51 AM
I sent stoffe a pm and got the info i needed :D
but im not sure where to put the hood up part do i put that where it says end dialouge?
Her main dialog file is kreia.dlg, found inside dialogs.bif. You can extract it with KotorTool from:
Kotor II --> BIFs --> dialogs.bif --> Dialog --> kreia.dlg

Remember to just Extract the file (select it in the Treeview and press the Extract button), do not open it with KotorTool's Dialog editor, or it will be messed up beyond recovery. (KotorTool's dialog editor won't work properly with Kotor2 dialog files.) You'll have to use tk102's DLG Editor to modify it.
 Tupac Amaru
05-29-2006, 9:02 AM
I sent stoffe a pm and got the info i needed :D
but im not sure where to put the hood up part do i put that where it says end dialouge?No, the one with [End Dialog] ("Never mind. I'll be going now.") is a reply. Animations must be put in entry nodes. Those are used for NPC lines and displayed in red colour by DLGEditor. Add a new entry after the end dialog node by pressing CTRL-E and put the hood on animation in there. Then set the node's Delay to 1 and WaitFlags to 4.

Since you asked if you can see her permanently with the hood off: The state of the animation isn't stored, but it would be possible to add the animation to her spawn script. That way, she would take the hood off again everytime you enter a new module, add her to the party or load a game. The animation numbers for scripts are different: 10565 for hood off and 10566 for hood on.
 Darth Jester
05-29-2006, 9:06 AM
Thank you to everyone who replied and took the time and patience to explain what i needed to do =^.^=
EDIT: once i have done all that do i follow the same steps i used to extract the file to import the file back to the original folder?
Page: 1 of 1