Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TSL: Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Force

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Raum
05-24-2006, 8:37 PM
Could someone please add them into kotor 2? I don't mean a cross-over since that's illegal, but I mean just make a custom one. I tried it using the custom crystal guide, but it didn't work.

I want them to be upgradeable to all sabers, and not as color crystals.
I want them to be like a phond crystal or something. Like an upgrade crystal.

If possible I would like the heart of the guardian to have the monster damage upgrade, aswell as the mantle of the force to have monster force point and damage upgrading qualities.

Or if someone can produce an accurate guide to doing this that would be even better.

And for a final request, could someone post a guide to skinning a custom saber instead of skinning them all?
 Darth_Robinson
05-25-2006, 11:36 AM
As far as I know, HotG and MotF are only possible in K1. In K1, all of the crystal effects were saved in the lightsaber's properties, so that when upgraded with a Phond, the lightsaber would do X, when upgraded with a Sigil, the lightsaber would do Y. This made it easy to facilitate weird focusing crystals that caused 'strange effects' in normal crystals; they just set the saber with HotG or MotF to display different effects when upgraded. In K2, the crystal effects are saved in the CRYSTAL'S properties. When installed into a lightsaber, they add their properties to it. You cannot have a crystal that modifies the effects of other crystals in K2.

If you want them to be just like regular crystals and NOT change the effects of other crystals, just make them using a GFF editor and add them to the 'upgrade.2da' file.
 Darth Raum
05-25-2006, 12:36 PM
That's true, but it doesn't mean that you can create more crystals to go in a lightsaber. I think with advanced programming, you can set them to go in the upgrading crystal slot, instead of the color spot.

What I would like someone to do is to CREATE from the TEMPLATES of ANOTHER crystal, and make a custom Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Force crystals, instead of ILLEGALLY transplanting the actual crystals from kotor 1.
 RedHawke
05-25-2006, 11:30 PM
I think with advanced programming, you can set them to go in the upgrading crystal slot, instead of the color spot.
No you can't, they are still central color crystals, and TSL isn't set up to handle them because the saber upgrade system has indeed been changed between the two games.

What I would like someone to do is to CREATE from the TEMPLATES of ANOTHER crystal, and make a custom Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Force crystals,
Then you simply want a couple of saber upgrade crystals named HotG and MotF?

If so this can easily be done, but they will not have any of the effects they had in the first KotOR, they will simply be just another upgrade crystal with the normal game pre assigned properties, like the other upgrade crystals.

They can never be set to 'behave' like they did in KotOR I, sorry.

instead of ILLEGALLY transplanting the actual crystals from kotor 1.
The materials for them are in TSL so there is no porting issue.
 Darth Raum
05-26-2006, 7:24 PM
Thanks for the news RedHawke. Although they won't be able to retain the original kotor 1 effects, you can still add cheap additions like force point regeneration +5 and stuff. That's what I meant by making Heart of the Guardian damage increasing, and mantle of the force force increasing.

Since you are such a great modder Redhawke, could you make me a guide for making crystals, I got it to work once, but that guide was for making your saber upgradable.
 RedHawke
05-27-2006, 12:15 AM
Since you are such a great modder Redhawke, could you make me a guide for making crystals, I got it to work once, but that guide was for making your saber upgradable.
I'm sorry but making tutorials and guides is impossible for me now, no time.

Also, people need to understand that the tutorials we have were done by volenteers who donated their time, and unless we get more volenteers to write them there won't be too many more tutorials.

Now on to your question, with Kotor Tool in the state it is, making saber upgrade crystals is fairly easy, you just need to locate and open a pre-existing upgrade crystal and edit it to taste and give it a unique name and tag, then simply open up upgrade.2da and add your crystal's entry on to the end of that file. Plop the 2da and the uti into your TSL Override and you should be good to go. Use KSE or cheat for your crystal and try to upgrade your saber with it. :D

Placing it in game is another matter... ;)
Page: 1 of 1