Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

> Anti-Cheat Solution, SithBuster! <

Page: 1 of 1
 D0sd0
05-10-2006, 8:33 PM
Hi, I've created an anti-cheat system.

Current Status: Try the working proof of concept, available here: SithBuster (http://sabertooth.awardspace.com/forum/download.php?id=25)

If there is a cheat not listed, please send them to me to be blocked. (Email: razoredge<at>charter<dot>net )

Features:
Checks that it has an official SithBuster.qvm
Checks that all normal open GL files are unmodified
Clears any openGL hacks (Ex: n7 Multihack 0.6)
Blocks any Injection hacks (Ex: JKBot)

Coupled with (optional) sv_pure 1 to block pk3 hacks, it blocks all known cheats.

Complete list of blocked cheats:

JKbot 1.0
* Unpatched
* Patched

JKbot 2.0a
* Unpatched
* Patched

N7 Multihack 0.6
KPT-JK2 Multihack SP2
glpatch
n7 Multihack 0.4
xAo Wallhack[beta]

This is a working anti-cheat, what is needs now is some server mods to adapt it by requiring users to have it to join the game.

Optinal list to incorporate:
Possible option to block scripts
Possible limiting/printing of net settings to make sure no one's lag cheating.

Why I posted this here is because I'm calling all mod makers to work with me and incorporate it into their mod. :-) If you are interested, please don't hesitate to email me and we'll get started!

Sincerely,
- SaberTooth of www.eliteinsta.com)
 dtriniman
05-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Sounds like a good idea. Although it still has the major flaw: ppl will need to d/l it to be protected/detected.
 D0sd0
05-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Yeah, but really, are people too stupid to go download it, if when they join the server, they get a big message saying "GO TO WWW.URL.COM), DOWNLOAD SITHBUSTER TO JOIN" and there's a big green download button at the url..... I've seen other servers do ok even requiring a download. I mean, all those extra maps? People have do download those.... (Big files = huge download time in-game)
 dtriniman
05-11-2006, 4:14 PM
Not stupid, lazy.A map is different. You d/l a map only once and you can use it on ANY server that has the map. How many ppl have Sithbuster? Trust me ppl will say: "Another d/l for one server? !@#$ that." Plus the guys who DO cheat just won't take it and therefore can't be detected. And trust me the worst thing you can do is tell someone they MUST do/get this. It's not worth the effort. It's a valiant attempt but games on the whole, crash and burn with this sort of thing.

If you can market it well and get it popular then you'll do good. Now I assume JKbot is the Star Wars version of aimbot. (correct me if I'm mistaken) Here's the problem with that. First lots of ppl (average games) can spot a cheat, second that's for guns only servers which btw either doesn't exist or is in the minority. I mean ppl come to JK games for the saber action. If you're using guns and someone has a saber its autoblocked. Anyway good luck with that.
 D0sd0
05-11-2006, 8:20 PM
Ok, but I was actually getting more than one mod to require it, and more than one server running each mod, so if a series of servers required it, it wouldn't be so bad. Plus, there is more out there to block than aimbot: Wallhacks and esp and stuff that does affect sabers.
 D0sd0
05-26-2006, 9:29 PM
Well, it's up and running!
Keep in mind that people aren't too lazy to find/downlaod hacks, so they can suck it up about this.

If you get a chance, please check out this system, and let me know if you have any problems!

SithBuster client: www.sithbuster.eliteinsta.com)

Server: Project DX
IP: 85.214.37.100:28073

- ST
 ensiform
06-06-2006, 5:14 PM
fyi stubert was using this name when he started on making a pb like anti-cheat for jka, please get another name.
Page: 1 of 1